Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+2
Tow Itch
Maxwelltwo
6 posters

1991 dandy destiny blue/white low sides for sale

Maxwelltwo

1991 dandy destiny blue/white low sides for sale  Empty 1991 dandy destiny blue/white low sides for sale

Post by Maxwelltwo Thu 28 Feb 2013, 8:15 am

£1500 ovno
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

1991 dandy destiny blue/white low sides for sale  Empty Re: 1991 dandy destiny blue/white low sides for sale

Post by Tow Itch Thu 28 Feb 2013, 9:38 am

Hello Maxwell

Is this yours or have you just joined and your first post is about a Dandy you have seen for sale?

According to Preloved someone has just posted a Destiny for sale in Glasgow but there are no details. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

At the same time a 6 birth Dandy has been posted for sale in South Lanarkshire for £1,500 with an awning and underfloor heater but I can see problems with this advert. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If you would like to post a fuller description that is fine we have no problems with people drawing our attention to Dandys they have for sale. Though of course it's nicer to hear from campers before the point they want to sell.

A quick look through other ads might give you an idea of how to fill out your add. Only eBay keep ads on file, you will find some current and lots of previous ads here. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If it is yours you want to post photos you can't do that for 7 days, but as soon as we hear from you again I'll PM you my email address and you can send photos there I'll host them for you.
    Maxwelltwo

1991 dandy destiny blue/white low sides for sale  Empty Re: 1991 dandy destiny blue/white low sides for sale

Post by Maxwelltwo Thu 28 Feb 2013, 9:51 am

Hi the dandy is mine is has underfloor heater aweing been garage stored pic to follow any thing you want to know just ask not been used in about 4 years have no transport now ........
    Maxwelltwo

Post by Maxwelltwo Thu 28 Feb 2013, 9:52 am

The on preloved is mine ....
    Maxwelltwo

Post by Maxwelltwo Thu 28 Feb 2013, 9:57 am

The one on gumtree is mine also my girl freind put it on last nite at work the pic was just to give people a idear what it's like .......
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 02 Mar 2013, 4:36 am

That looks nice from what i can see.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 02 Mar 2013, 12:53 pm

If i lived closer i would be bidding on it,not that the pale blue is my favourite i like the older colours but it is insulated and with a awning.

mike
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 02 Mar 2013, 2:48 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Fully winterised pale blue and white Low side Destiny (insulated and under floor heater) with full Dandy awning and nice cover too

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 10 Mar 2013, 8:03 am

More than a little confused with this,from what i can see it was listed twice on ebay and removed as no longer available,first removed 3.58 am then at 4.13 am,surprisingly it would appear to have been re listed at 5.55 am.now ime open to being told i have it wrong but it doesn't look right to me,i was intending to place a high bid but not any more i just cant be bothered.
    This looks like another ebay add that wastes interested parties time,it didn't make enough so was removed,if you want a minimum price set a reserve or start price to cover it most of us have better things to do with our time and could miss out on a second choice while waiting for this one to end.

Mike
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 10 Mar 2013, 8:26 am

New Link for the elusive Dandy .......... Buyer Beware it has a tendency to disappear and the start price keeps altering
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 10 Mar 2013, 11:19 am

I got up at "Idiot Oclock for this, this morning" looked had 41 minutes left then all of a sudden it was gone. Thought I'd got confused as it was also listed again but removed. Then after further bed got back on here to find it's been re listed. So

became [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Which in turn evolved into [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Less than pleased I contacted eBay. Apologies that the tryping is more fault filled than normal but not a lot of time to check.

eBay
    Welcome to eBay Live Help, my name is Xxx, How can I help you today?
    Mr Itch
    If you see the item no listed. I had bid on that I got up to see the end and bid. Saw I had time left looked again and the item had finished. Thought I'd got the "wrong" item as it re appeared with another number but that item was closed. Gone back to bed just looked again and the seller is re listing the item as 221199548931. You can't end an auction with less than 30 mins to go then re list. What is my complaint?. It doesn't fit in the "report an item" categories.
    What is my complaint? It.... Should have read What is my complaint if it doesn't fit in the "report an item" categories.
    eBay
    May I have the original item number once more Xxxxxxx? Thanks.
    eBay
    If the seller relisted the item they are in breach of an eBay policy Xxxxxxx.
    Mr Itch
    221195255729 I think he then tried to re list before the original end time had even elapsed as 221199536931 but that was then closed.
    Mr Itch
    sorry you did two replies in a row. Is "If the seller relisted the item they are in breach of an eBay policy Xxxxxxx." your last comment or am I expecting more from you?
    eBay
    None anymore, Kindly stay online please as I checked on the listing Xxxxxxx. Would you mind holding for 2 minutes while I check this for you?
    Mr Itch
    OK
    eBay
    Thank you for patiently waiting. I certainly understand you with this so I have taken note of your complaint. I assure you that we will take appropriate action against the seller once the investigation is completed Xxxxxxx.
    Mr Itch
    Appropriate action? If you allow him to continue his present listing for this you are complicit in "cheating" the auction system. What action?If I was the highest bidder at the point it closed (I wasn't) I'd be looking for the item as mine. I missed the chance to bid on a 04.20 ish finish. I can't even leave negative feedback. Will I find out what appropriate action is? I got up at "idiot" O clock for this!
    eBay
    It's perfectly understandable that you're very upset about what's happened Xxxxxxx, to maintain member privacy, we can't share details of actions taken on another account.
    Mr Itch
    OK but the present listing stays and you make money from that?
    eBay
    Once proven, listing will be removed Xxxxxxx, we just need further investigation on this.
    eBay
    A listing may be removed if as one of the consequence Xxxxxxx.
    eBay
    Listing may be removed if found breaching an eBay policy.
    Mr Itch
    Thank you very much. That is what I would expect. Didn't expect a lot from eBay. Occasionally involved in reporting the Dubious Folding Campers for sale in North of Scotland with "delivery" included. We get a mixed response from eBay on those. It feels worthwhile that i did complain now. Thanks again.
    Mr Itch
    Ah once proven it will be removed becomes it may be removed. Less inspired.
    eBay
    I'm sorry if you feel that way Xxxxxxx, I know you want it to take effect immediately, however there are still investigations need to be conducted.
    Mr Itch
    No Xxx I've no problems with it being investigated. That is eminently fair. However I it's proved it was removed within half an hour of ending and then re listed. I'd expect action. You can examine my side of this I bid Xxxxxx xxx xxxxx xxxxxxx xxx and I was using eBay at the time the auction should have closed. Through speaking xx xx xxxxxx about this I now realise I know one of the other bidders they live in Xxxx/Xxxxxxxx area don't know if they have complained yet? Investigation, I've no problem with but after my story checks out I'd be disappointed if this auction is allowed to run.
    eBay
    Thank you for this comments Xxxxxxx, we really appreciate members like you for bringing this to our attention,
    Mr Itch
    Think we have gone as far as we can I'll leave this open for 10 minutes so i don't cut you short if you have something else to say. Thanks for your time,
    eBay
    You're welcome Xxxxxx.
    eBay
    Thank you for using eBay and have a nice day.

Well make up your own mind on eBay if they allow this to run. For me it's not like it is my favourite and most trusted buying and selling arena.
    Esermalda
    Esermalda

Post by Esermalda Sun 10 Mar 2013, 12:17 pm

worryingly, it also seems to have no legs or leg brackets
    Essie
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 10 Mar 2013, 12:18 pm

It's vanished again .... item ended

well spotted Essie ....... I missed that
    Maxwelltwo

Post by Maxwelltwo Sun 10 Mar 2013, 12:29 pm

Hi all was not able to put reserve on eBay that why it was with drawing and to say it was 41 min to go was in fact 20min so it has now been taking off and will sell private and esermalde it has legs and out riggers I feel there has been a big song and dance about my dandy the best thing people should do is come and see it for youselfs eBay would not let me put up to date pic on I wanted to show befour people bids And as for reporting to eBay think a bit unfair as all I wanted to do was be up front with people yes it been took off we spotted . William
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 10 Mar 2013, 12:42 pm

Its been ask off us before are we the dandy police,well no we are not but we get a lot of members looking for there first dandy and when an advertised sale like yours starts with some one else's pictures and no explanation then we will ask questions,we do and have in your case give you chance to reply.
    We will continue to highlight problems with adverts or dandys for sale,hope you end up with a satisfactory sale and a satisfied purchaser.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 10 Mar 2013, 12:52 pm

I only bid on this initially to start the ball rolling as I felt bad that we had been a bit harsh initially. Then thought if the right price I'd see what a 6 is like. I got up at 03.30 to snipe at the end. I don't know what the highest bidder had allowed up to nor if anyone else was waiting to snipe. You have sales history and know by now that ending an item and re listing is not on. The other question is why? I'd have gone to plus £1,000. You could have easily seen over £1,100 or £1,200.
    The essence of eBay is there is no point trying to agree an "if it's good I'd pay that price". It's an auction. The other sort of agreement is for Preloved or Gumtree.
    Look through the listings we give our honest opinions to buying members about what we see. I've contacted sellers to say that their Dandy has features they have not mentioned and if they say so it might go for more.
    We don't set out to be beastly to people.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 10 Mar 2013, 1:30 pm

Any previous reference regarding photo's we're removed from this thread 8 days ago we hosted your photo plus put a link on here for you and gave a description.

You can put a reserve on when you list on ebay but you get charged per the reserve price if it sells or doesn't.
    The Admiral
    The Admiral

Post by The Admiral Sun 10 Mar 2013, 3:23 pm

Personally I think we've been more than fair with this one. If you couldn't put on a reserve or add recent photos then you'd end the auction much earlier than 20 minutes before the end, well I would anyway and what's with the 2 almost instant relistings, something not quite right about this in my opinion. However if it is genuine then I hope it ends satisfactorily for both seller and buyer.
    Maxwelltwo

Post by Maxwelltwo Sun 10 Mar 2013, 3:55 pm

We been here before about being genuine am selling a dandy come and see it if you want to buy it the mix up with using other people's pic was for illustration purposes to let non dandy people have a idea what a dandy is it said on advert the pic was for illustration only an more pic would be added the problem is that me and my girl friend have been adverting it that what the problem has been I know it should be me but I need a push to get moving so it not a scam or any other think as I say it come and view it if you want bring the police /army /navy / or who ever am getting sick of the people on here giving me grief for trying to sell my dandy I made mistake I know but it's been cross wires between me and my gf william
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 10 Mar 2013, 4:06 pm

I removed negative posts off this thread ...... as I've already said 8 days ago including any reference to you using my pictures to be fair to you, I took note of the gumtree advert and no-where did it say for illustration purposes only. The ebay ad did but not the gumtree ad

You pulled the Dandy off ebay 20 minutes before the end of the auction after a 10 Day listing ....... not us! You've also listed it several times ..... not us!
    If you have an issue with your Dandy being advertised here or with our forum members please say and I will remove both you and your advertisement.
    Maxwelltwo

Post by Maxwelltwo Sat 23 Mar 2013, 2:30 pm

Dandy is now sold .....
    The Admiral
    The Admiral

Post by The Admiral Sat 23 Mar 2013, 3:07 pm

I'm glad you've managed to sell it, hope you got a good price.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 2:55 pm