Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+5
severebrainfailure
Helen
Phoenix
Tow Itch
RH
9 posters

Dandy for spares

RH

Dandy for spares Empty Dandy for spares

Post by RH Mon 03 Jun 2013, 7:25 pm

Hello, sadly we have decided to say goodbye to our much loved 6 berth Dandy. It is the old style with wooden door. Much of it is rusty and water damaged. I am sure that a very handy dandy fixer upper could use the bits and pieces but I doubt it is fixable as a whole unit. Anyone interested?
    We are also now looking for a similar one, but in good condition, if anyone is selling. We live in Yorkshire near Halifax.
    Thanks
    Rachel
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Dandy for spares Empty Re: Dandy for spares

Post by Tow Itch Mon 03 Jun 2013, 10:14 pm

Have you got a realistic appraisal of what is water damaged scrap and what is still good.
    I don't know how practical you are but I think you would be hopping mad if you sold the 6 for parts only to find that you had sold or scrapped bits you now needed.

You say it's old style with a wooden door? It's been ply for years.
    What age of six is it? Do you know the year? Is it Brown or an earlier Orange? Never seen a Green 6. An orange or earlier might provoke someone to a restoration job and might be worth bugger all for the bits! Phoenix?
    If Brown: Is it plastic sided? If it has an awning does the awning bungee down the sides or does it press stud to flaps.
    If later Brown; Brown, Brown and White, Brown and Coffee?

Should it come to flogging bits then prime cuts first: A heater? 12" wheels these are in short supply. A question for you and any 6 owner (Mike & Phoenix) what are the couplings rated from and to?

Silly project idea anyone with a Brown 5 who can alloy weld or make up brackets want to buy the bed frames sides and roof (roof to be cropped down) to make a Brown 5 with 6' 6" by 4' beds?

Photos would be good.

Do you fancy a Brown 6 a Lowside Destiny (6 by another name) or do you fancy a Highside Destiny?
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Mon 03 Jun 2013, 10:21 pm

Hello and Dandy for spares 936075699 RH

Sorry to hear you are getting rid of your 6, but glad to hear you are thinking of getting another.

Don't know if anyone is looking for a doer upper at the moment. There must be someone scratch , anything is repairable. We have been there and done it, but have a 6 and a 4 and no more room on the drive. lol!

Do you have any pics of it? You cannot host any for your first 7 days but there is an email address somewhere you can send them. We will speak to Mr Itch and find it for you.

ARRRGH he has beat us to it. Shouldn't have had tea first. lol!
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Mon 03 Jun 2013, 10:24 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    RH

Post by RH Wed 05 Jun 2013, 10:19 pm

Have sent pics. Did they get to the right place?
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 05 Jun 2013, 10:41 pm

Received an email but no photos. See the return email.
    RH

Post by RH Thu 06 Jun 2013, 9:55 am

email sent. this time with attachment!
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 06 Jun 2013, 1:47 pm

hi and welcome to the Dandy Campers, some of the parts off your old dandy are worth quite a bit but if you're handy then it can be saved

RH

Post by RH Thu 06 Jun 2013, 7:34 pm

I'm not handy! Anyone want it? Should I be trying to sell? Just want a new one so I can enjoy this lovely weather.
    severebrainfailure
    severebrainfailure

Post by severebrainfailure Thu 06 Jun 2013, 8:43 pm

Need to see pictures really. I'd love to give it a home but garage, drive and back yard are full of landrover projects and a 4/5 dandy!
    RH

Post by RH Fri 07 Jun 2013, 9:20 am

I have double checked and I'm sure I have now sent the photo, so I guess whoever looks after the emails will post it when they get a chance. The picture is from a couple of years ago, and doesn't show the damage, just the model. We have removed all the curtains etc as well as the double bed foam (we bought new last year). The seat foam is still in place as is the table which we remade. The cooker is rusty (as are many of the various hinges) but sink and floor pump ok, windows ok, trailer dented in wheel loss incident too, chassis lose at front and only one brake working, brake lights etc ok when last used (last summer). Too early a model for heating or electrics. Hope I've covered everything!
    Rachel
    ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK Fri 07 Jun 2013, 9:59 am

RH wrote:I have double checked and I'm sure I have now sent the photo, so I guess whoever looks after the emails will post it when they get a chance. The picture is from a couple of years ago, and doesn't show the damage, just the model. We have removed all the curtains etc as well as the double bed foam (we bought new last year). The seat foam is still in place as is the table which we remade. The cooker is rusty (as are many of the various hinges) but sink and floor pump ok, windows ok, trailer dented in wheel loss incident too, chassis lose at front and only one brake working, brake lights etc ok when last used (last summer). Too early a model for heating or electrics. Hope I've covered everything!
    Rachel

Tow Itch I believed is at woodhall spa already sat waiting for us all to arrive so may not have the facilities to post them.

I have pm'd you mine aswell and I will do it if he doesn't first
    ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK Fri 07 Jun 2013, 11:32 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Fri 07 Jun 2013, 11:36 am

Tow Itch is indeed at Woodhall but his trusty 3 phone connection is providing a WiFi zone.

Though the email account was set up for any of the moderators to access.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A fetching brown Dandy 6. As I said I might be minded to get the next one before you get rid of this one. It would be unfortunate to get a replacement Dandy and need bits that you had given away.
    chloedavis

Dandy for spares Empty Dandy spares

Post by chloedavis Tue 25 Jun 2013, 9:06 pm

Hi I know its a long shot but do you have any awning poles for sale please.Thank you
    RH

Post by RH Wed 26 Jun 2013, 5:12 pm

Sorry no awnig
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 26 Jun 2013, 6:28 pm

Are you still looking for similar as a replacement?
    If so have you thought of PMing Julie72? I think she is looking to swap for a newer Destiny and I have not heard her criticise her present 6 other than her other half's description of what it looks like. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    It might end up suiting both of you.
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Thu 27 Jun 2013, 12:01 am

Shocked cant see any probs with the Dandy apart from jif the trailer fortunately the picture shows a good dandy I would be interested!!!
    Olly

Post by Olly Thu 27 Jun 2013, 9:14 pm

Hi
    I was wondering if you had the middle cupboard on kitchen unit, the wedge to hold up the cooker back and one for the work top? I don't know if it would be compatible with a light blue and white dandy delta.
    New to this so don't know the technical terms.
    Thanks

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 11:33 am