Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+3
Tow Itch
Climaxedcooper
Helen
7 posters

Tidy water pipe and cables

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Tidy water pipe and cables Empty Tidy water pipe and cables

Post by Helen Sun 25 Aug 2013, 9:42 am

This is how I keep my water pipe and pump wires tidy ...... I use cable tidy that was cheap from Ikea, before we got this we ended up with a tangle every time we came to connect.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Climaxedcooper

Tidy water pipe and cables Empty Re: Tidy water pipe and cables

Post by Climaxedcooper Sat 07 Sep 2013, 7:38 am

Hi Helen, that looks a sensible idea.
    Mine came taped together with insulating tape, it was a right sticky mess!

I have a Delta, which you simply slip the little submersible pump, wiring plus 12mm water tube out through a rigid grey pipe that comes out the bottom of the Dandy. Does other folks leave this 'out' all the time, or pull the wires, pipe and pump in and out every time parked up when camping? I'm worried about it rubbing when on the move, or creepy crawlies climbing up the open pipe when stored.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 07 Sep 2013, 9:20 am

Hi and Welcome to the Dandy Campers Tidy water pipe and cables 1066248140 

Our Dandy only has one hole where the waste pipe drops through, the wires/pump dropped out the back of the Dandy flap where you velcro. When we got it all we had was the pump and wires taped together and everytime we camped we ended up having to de-tangle them as they were only taped in a couple of places Rolling Eyes We do pull the pump/wires up every time and put them in the sink in a bag and now we have the cable tidy it's so much easier.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The cable tidy has a few cable ties to keep it closed and in the photo you can see one black wire ....... that's our sockets for plugging in to the leisure battery it has 3 lighter like sockets and we plug the pump into it and a small tv leaving one spare socket, we kept this separate so now only have that and the cable tidy. Hope this helps Smile
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sat 07 Sep 2013, 9:39 am

Hello CC

This wont necessarily stop bugs but it will stop furry friends entering up the pipe. Read this thread and it explains that the back of the cupboard should seal off the top of the pipe:  http://www.dandycampers.org/t1504-packing-my-dandy-trailer-tent?highlight=Packing+Up#23072

The other thing I can think of is rodent proof not bug proof:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Stuffed into the tube. Mothballs are supposedly repulsive to all sorts of creatures.
    navver

Post by navver Sat 07 Sep 2013, 9:04 pm

Our pump stores in the cupboard under the sink. The pump cable is wrapped round and round the water pipe to keep it together. I have to thread this down through the centre cupboard into the bottom one then drop it down a 2 inch pipe to under the dandy. Another cable has to be routed all the way from the top cupboard, down through the centre cupboard then out to the right and plug into a 12volt socket.

All this has to be done each time we use it. I'm sure there has to be an easier way. Just poke it out through the velcor would be much easier.

The waste has to thread from a waste connection socket in the bottom cupboard up and push onto the sink drain. Outside I lift a flap to the waste connection socket and plug in a short length of pipe to the waste container.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 07 Sep 2013, 9:19 pm

I like mine now I've heard how complicated others are Twisted Evil I just open the bag in the sink take the grey pipe with pump sticking out the bottom and drop that out the back where the velcro is and keep the other wire with the sockets on behind the sink  to power the pump which I dutifully plug in Very Happy John sorts it all out while I stay in the Dandy and turn the tap on to test What a Face unless we forget to stick the waste pipe on and I end up having to mop out the top cupboard affraid
    Climaxedcooper

Post by Climaxedcooper Sun 08 Sep 2013, 3:16 pm

Thanks for the tips! Tidy water pipe and cables 184121345 
    navver

Post by navver Sun 08 Sep 2013, 4:19 pm

Helen wrote:I like mine now I've heard how complicated others are Twisted Evil I just open the bag in the sink take the grey pipe with pump sticking out the bottom and drop that out the back where the velcro is and keep the other wire with the sockets on behind the sink  to power the pump which I dutifully plug in Very Happy John sorts it all out while I stay in the Dandy and turn the tap on to test What a Face unless we forget to stick the waste pipe on and I end up having to mop out the top cupboard affraid
    So if you're inside waiting to turn the tap on, who's job is it to remember to fit the waste pipe on? I notice this bit becomes the royal we.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 08 Sep 2013, 4:38 pm

Aha, actually we keep the disconnected waste pipe in the front box which John has open whilst connecting everything ........ therefore in my opinion it must be his fault for not passing it through the window to me, if he does I remember to connect it Twisted Evil Tidy water pipe and cables 1208560806 Tidy water pipe and cables 3462454224 

You know I bet everyone thinks Johns some poor hen pecked fella who I run ragged ...... well only on rare occasions as most of the time he's spoilt rotten Laughing 
    jake001
    jake001

Post by jake001 Sun 08 Sep 2013, 7:33 pm

I carry my waste pipe in the front box and find it is always my responsibilty Evil or Very Mad
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 08 Sep 2013, 7:36 pm

jake001 wrote:I carry my waste pipe in the front box and find it is always my responsibilty Evil or Very Mad
    See Sandie agree's with me Tidy water pipe and cables 3462454224 Tidy water pipe and cables 3462454224 Tidy water pipe and cables 3462454224

Climaxedcooper wrote:Thanks for the tips Tidy water pipe and cables 184121345 
    Your welcome, that's what the forums for Tidy water pipe and cables 3498837457
    navver

Post by navver Sun 08 Sep 2013, 9:46 pm

It comes from a lifetime of me always being wrong even though I'm always right.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 08 Sep 2013, 9:52 pm

navver wrote:It comes from a lifetime of me always being wrong even though I'm always right.
    1 2 3 Aawww - that's a condition most males suffer from - thinking they are always right yet nodding when a woman tells them they are wrong Twisted Evil 
    Climaxedcooper

Post by Climaxedcooper Sat 21 Sep 2013, 8:17 am

I've had my first few days away in my Dandy which leads on with my next watery question. Tidy cables now (thanks!) but has anyone got a good solution how to seal the top of the water container? My other half doesn't like the idea of earwigs and the like wandering in the can when parked up and in use.

I did buy a blue plastic 'Aquacap' off Ebay, but it's a right palava squeezing the water pipe and pump through the opening. Then it doesn't fit snugly onto the container, and the 2 little plastic screw fasteners are a bit rubbish and ping off. And you'd have to do that every time if you wanted to store the pump and pipe back inside when on the move.

Is gaffa tape the simple answer?!!
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 21 Sep 2013, 9:31 am

We don't get a snug fit either but it's never really bothered us, I think gaffa tape or duck tape would be the easiest way and may even try that myself Very Happy the pump filters the water but I can't say I've ever found bugs inside the water container so haven't even thought of sealing. On the outside of the pump yes but inside the container .... No. It may be a pain if your away a while having to keep taking tape off just to fill your water, we never fill ours as I like to change it regularly for fresh water.
    Retro
    Retro

Post by Retro Sat 21 Sep 2013, 9:53 am

How about a slice of 15mm pipe insulation?
    Owd Lad
    Owd Lad

Post by Owd Lad Sat 21 Sep 2013, 11:42 am

A 'J' cloth works for us.

Steve
    Climaxedcooper

Post by Climaxedcooper Sat 21 Sep 2013, 7:52 pm

Owd Lad wrote:A 'J' cloth works for us.
    I like that! Simple, cheap and effective. Thanks cheers 

Sponsored content