Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+4
Phoenix
Helen
Tow Itch
Retro
8 posters

Floor height from ground?

sonicboom70
    sonicboom70

Floor height from ground? - Page 2 Empty Re: Floor height from ground?

Post by sonicboom70 Mon 09 Sep 2013, 7:47 am

Tyre size has a big factor to i changed our old original crossply tyres to new 145 bias belt tyres and the whole back end of trailer just dropped loads,we ended up lowering the tow ball on the car to compensate,got it level now though.It was just the tyre profile height differance Smile Smile
    sonicboom70
    sonicboom70

Post by sonicboom70 Mon 09 Sep 2013, 7:51 am

sonicboom70 wrote:Tyre size has a big factor to i changed our old original crossply tyres to new 145 bias belt tyres and the whole back end of trailer just dropped loads,we ended up lowering the tow ball on the car to compensate,got it level now though.It was just the tyre profile height differance Smile Smile
    Sorry this reply should have gone on page 1 my fault sorry lol
    hannah3dog

Post by hannah3dog Mon 09 Sep 2013, 10:08 am

Plenty of advice - very helpful!

Yes we have CO monitor as we use camping gas lantern which also gives off a lot of heat

Yes I am going to fit sheet of galvanised metal as heat deflector plate

Comment on tyre profile/ride height very interesting. Does anyone have any comments as I may get new tyres

My spare is held underneath by two nuts to a flange. Its a sod to get the spare on/off as you have to crawl underneath and hold it as you bolt/unbolt it. I also banged my own nut several times when undersealing it!

I think I'll go for the standard flush installation to start with

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Mon 09 Sep 2013, 11:16 am

Had to use two different sites as metric tyre sizing calculators don't do imperial sizes. 145/80R10 is 486mm and 5.20 X 10 (some people have reported problems finding this size) 500mm. So only 14mm in diameter or 7mm higher.
    I can't remember do crossplys not deform as much as radials so ride higher?
    Retro
    Retro

Post by Retro Mon 09 Sep 2013, 12:17 pm

Tow Itch wrote:Had to use two different sites as metric tyre sizing calculators don't do imperial sizes. 145/80R10 is 486mm and 5.20 X 10 (some people have reported problems finding this size) 500mm. So only 14mm in diameter or 7mm higher.
    I can't remember do crossplys not deform as much as radials so ride higher?
    Yes, crossplies generally have stiffer sidewalls. That's one of the main reasons passenger cars now use radials... the ride is better.

You can get quite a variance in overall width, diameter and rolling radius of tyres labelled with the same size sourced from different manufacturers.
    sonicboom70
    sonicboom70

Post by sonicboom70 Wed 11 Sep 2013, 7:46 am

hannah3dog wrote:Plenty of advice - very helpful!

Yes we have CO monitor as we use camping gas lantern which also gives off a lot of heat

Yes I am going to fit sheet of galvanised metal as heat deflector plate

Comment on tyre profile/ride height very interesting. Does anyone have any comments as I may get new tyres

My spare is held underneath by two nuts to a flange. Its a sod to get the spare on/off as you have to crawl underneath and hold it as you bolt/unbolt it. I also banged my own nut several times when undersealing it!

I think I'll go for the standard flush installation to start with

HI i wanted to get radials for mine but when i ordered off the tyre people they sent 145b instead of 145r,they said that that was the only ones they do,they are better than crossply but they are'nt as good as 145r would be,as i towed my sisters conway tt it has 145r bridge stones on,god it follows like a dream and corners spot on, and don't budge ,they are well good tyres.You could put your spare on top of dandy when folded up then put top cover over thats were mine is never fell on to the road yet lol:D
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 11 Sep 2013, 8:05 am

If your putting a tyre on top of a Dandy and under the cover ....... make sure you put it in a bag of some description. Once the tyre marks the roof it will never come off - something to do with a chemical reaction I've heard but we have had a dandy with a wheel/tyre mark on the roof and it didn't come off no matter what.
    sonicboom70
    sonicboom70

Post by sonicboom70 Fri 13 Sep 2013, 12:56 pm

Helen wrote:If your putting a tyre on top of a Dandy and under the cover ....... make sure you put it in a bag of some description. Once the tyre marks the roof it will never come off - something to do with a chemical reaction I've heard but we have had a dandy with a wheel/tyre mark on the roof and it didn't come off no matter what.
    Good point helen ,we put it on the wood side it seem to grip well to the woods varnish hopfully doesn't move,but understand what you are saying good point
    navver

Post by navver Fri 13 Sep 2013, 1:48 pm

Don't worry, it's only ever previous owners who do silly things like putting a spare wheel on the roof, or so the adverts always say. Present owners never do any damage.
    sonicboom70
    sonicboom70

Post by sonicboom70 Sat 14 Sep 2013, 7:29 am

Floor height from ground? - Page 2 1710857839 Floor height from ground? - Page 2 115684958 
    navver wrote:Don't worry, it's only ever previous owners who do silly things like putting a spare wheel on the roof, or so the adverts always say. Present owners never do any damage.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 12:07 pm