Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+4
Helen
Caz1960
navver
Penguin
8 posters

Dandy-less newbie on the lookout for one

Dandy-less newbie on the lookout for one - Page 2 Empty Re: Dandy-less newbie on the lookout for one

Post by Guest Mon 28 Oct 2013, 9:07 pm

you can get electric jocky wheels if you have a problem with moving the dandy you can get manual ones as well , I dont think my Dandy going any where soon  
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    navver

Dandy-less newbie on the lookout for one - Page 2 Empty Re: Dandy-less newbie on the lookout for one

Post by navver Mon 28 Oct 2013, 9:20 pm

We always managed just reversing the caravan onto the pitch. No way could I push that on grass. The designer/discovery is only 500kg fully loaded. Many FCs are double this so bear this in mind when you try one.

I find the designer very easy to reverse. It's long enough so as not to step out of line quickly like short trailers do and very importantly, I can see over the top.

Post by Guest Mon 28 Oct 2013, 10:19 pm

i always push my Discovery and have no problem at all . i can push it up my driveway which has a slight hill its only when there is a small step about 2 inches in the floor i have a problem theirs one leading into my garage and i have to take a run up pushing the Dandy to make it into the garage don't always make after about four goes am worm out and have to reverse it in with the car .
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Tue 29 Oct 2013, 12:58 am

affraid i'm no shot putter either Dandy-less newbie on the lookout for one - Page 2 3462454224 Dandy-less newbie on the lookout for one - Page 2 3462454224 Dandy-less newbie on the lookout for one - Page 2 3462454224 Dandy-less newbie on the lookout for one - Page 2 3462454224 mind you i'm know lightweight Dandy-less newbie on the lookout for one - Page 2 3462454224 Dandy-less newbie on the lookout for one - Page 2 3462454224 Dandy-less newbie on the lookout for one - Page 2 3462454224 Dandy-less newbie on the lookout for one - Page 2 3462454224 Dandy-less newbie on the lookout for one - Page 2 3462454224 Dandy-less newbie on the lookout for one - Page 2 3462454224 Dandy-less newbie on the lookout for one - Page 2 3462454224
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Tue 29 Oct 2013, 3:13 pm

Graham C wrote:i always push my Discovery and have no problem at all . i can push it up my driveway which has a slight hill  its only when there is a small step about 2 inches in the floor i have a problem theirs one leading into my garage and i  have to take a run up pushing the Dandy to make it into the garage don't always make after about four goes am worm out and have to reverse it in with the car .
    Done that more than once Graham and if you get it wrong it's a really simple way to cut the side of the cover on the door frame.

I've seen the powered movers but never the self wind one. Not sure I'd expect a lot if using on a muddy field but a real boon on any road or hard standing. It would need a wider jockey clamp but that is the work of minutes.
    I've hired a box trailer and a large goods trailer over the past few weeks and that would have been a fantastic boon. So as not to overload the box trailer i weighed everything in with some bathroom scales. The trailer was in the ball park of 750Kg the precise weight has been forgotten but it was murder to hook up on a slightly sloping drive.

Video for the TXP Purpleline Hitchdrive:

Not made any more so looked for reviews. If you read Campsite UK they appear to be completely useless but everyone is just slagging the product off for the issues that nearly all hitch based movers have. One report of someone stripping the mechanism but two users who used it on hard surfaced slopes thought it was excellent for what you could realistically expect.

Post by Guest Tue 29 Oct 2013, 5:34 pm

Hi am lucky as the my garage door is is over 12 ft wide where i keep Discovery but my Destiny is in there now and my Discovery is in my single garage , |I can see what you are saying you can damage the trailer cover, I did not look up the report of the movers just seen them on Ebay .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 12:49 am