Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

3 posters

Leisure battery for Dandy Destiny?

claire751

Leisure battery for Dandy Destiny? Empty Leisure battery for Dandy Destiny?

Post by claire751 Sun 29 Dec 2013, 5:29 pm

Ok ive just put a deposit down on a Dandy destiny 6 berth i think it is the 1997 model, i want to be able to run everything when there is no electric hook up available advice on what i need to buy for example what kind of battery and how i set this up? many thanks!
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Leisure battery for Dandy Destiny? Empty Re: Leisure battery for Dandy Destiny?

Post by Helen Sun 29 Dec 2013, 5:57 pm

When you say you want to run everything ...... how much stuff will you be running off it. We use an 85amp leisure battery and it will run the sink pump and lights for ages. In the caravan we had a 110 which ran the lights, and pump for water plus the electric flush on the loo ...... we never really tried to use it for anything else.
    claire751

Post by claire751 Sun 29 Dec 2013, 5:59 pm

just the lights and a heater really Helen, i have no idea how to fit the battery thats the problem?
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 29 Dec 2013, 6:16 pm

Ours is done via crocodile clips, I'm not sure how others are done but am sure someone will be along to let you know.
    peridot
    peridot
    Dandy Admin

Post by peridot Mon 30 Dec 2013, 10:52 pm

Hi claire751 and congratulations on your new Dandy.

I noticed in your other thread that you had decided to wait a while before tackling the electrics. That's probably not a bad idea as, at this time of year, it is a lot easier with EHU, and it will give you time to think and get the best advice.

You will have a number of options for fitting a battery and a lot will depend on what your current electrics are like. When you get a chance take some photos of your front box and of whatever power supply unit is currently fitted to operate the lights and water pump (probably under a seat in the Unit). They will be a good starting point for advising you on the options.

Good luck with your Dandy adventures  Very Happy 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 08 May 2024, 7:31 pm