Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

3 posters

WANTED. Dandy Destiny with Awning

dandychap

WANTED. Dandy Destiny with Awning Empty WANTED. Dandy Destiny with Awning

Post by dandychap Mon 13 Jan 2014, 6:57 pm

Hello all, I am looking to buy a Destiny (the one with a toilet compartment). I want to keep this camper a very long time so ideally one in very good condition or as new as possible would be ideal. I know a Dandy like this won't be cheap but they have a great reputation for lasting over the long run. My Wife Tracy and I have had all sorts of Regular tents, folding campers (a Delta in fact)! and Camplets over the years but have decided that the space, comfort and convenience of a Destiny would be just the ticket. Any advice would be very welcome, having looked round a bit people want anywhere between £2k Very Happy  and £8k Shocked  depending on age and condition.
    navver

WANTED. Dandy Destiny with Awning Empty Re: WANTED. Dandy Destiny with Awning

Post by navver Mon 13 Jan 2014, 9:22 pm

There is one on Pre-loved, been on a long time, alternatively ring Ian at Riva Dandy. He often has them in but doesn't advertise them for a while. He may have one coming in.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Tue 14 Jan 2014, 1:16 am

Not probably any real use but if you see a poorly constructed advert for a late model Destiny of the older (Threepenny bit ended) type do enquire about it. There are an unknown number of these (probably less than 10) that were longer and built with a toilet.

The not so good bit. Please read this with the understanding that everyone who has contributed to it so far is within the "Adult Spectrum" of the forum (obviously excluding myself) These are people who have talked about problems with the kit they own. They have not just got into the mindset that what the own is wonderful. How could it be otherwise, if it wasn't the dogs doodahs then they would have made a poor purchase. I believe this syndrome is often displayed in direct proportion to the amount of money spent on an item.
    A good bit of how you read it will depend on your towing experience (if you have towed something that shimmied) and what size of vehicle you are towing with.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Not wanting to put you off but wanting to give the whole story. The other thing generally mentioned, "That Dandys can be a bit of a lump to erect" isn't valid here as both the sides and the beds have gas struts to aid erection.

You have owned a Delta so you will know how unshakeable the smaller Dandys are so you can see we may be judging from a high standard. Don't know how much you appreciated from owning the Delta but you have not been misled about the service life and general servicing spend is a small fraction of that for a caravan.
    dandychap

WANTED. Dandy Destiny with Awning Empty New Arrival

Post by dandychap Sun 26 Jan 2014, 4:21 pm

We have bought a Destiny! well pleased. Ended up needing the slightly less wide light blue type as we have a narrow drive and one came up locally... Roll on Spring.
    navver

Post by navver Sun 26 Jan 2014, 6:15 pm

Congratulations on your new arrival, hope it doesn't keep you awake at night.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 26 Jan 2014, 7:34 pm

Congratulations.
    Is it one we will have seen advertised?
    Do you have any photos yet? We love photos here.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 10:43 am