Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

3 posters

Dandy Destiny Highside 1995 Awning Options/Suggestions

Sparkles

Dandy Destiny Highside 1995 Awning Options/Suggestions Empty Dandy Destiny Highside 1995 Awning Options/Suggestions

Post by Sparkles Fri 11 Apr 2014, 9:52 am

So i have been directed to this part of the site, and after reading many threads, i'm still not sure where to start! Lots of mentions for other Dandys, but not many for the Destiny.

Have scoured the net and can't find any originals for sale (I knew it was gonna be hard to try and find one) so i'm considering the Movelite XL. Does anyone have any experience/photos of this? Also, any suggestions for a sun canopy??

Completely new to this, and haven't got a clue what i'm doing, so ANY help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Sparkles xx
    KB

Dandy Destiny Highside 1995 Awning Options/Suggestions Empty Re: Dandy Destiny Highside 1995 Awning Options/Suggestions

Post by KB Fri 11 Apr 2014, 7:42 pm

Hi Sparkles and welcome!

Some time ago I was looking through previous posts for ideas about awnings and I came across the following posted by Carl some time ago.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm not sure if the link has worked but if you look Carl up in the member list and click on 'see posts' this one can be found on page 3 I believe.

Carl has adapted an ordinary caravan awning to fit a Destiny High Side and very helpfully provided a step by step guide as to how to go about doing the same for yourself.

I'm sure if the link fails to work someone will come along and correct this.

Hope you enjoy your Dandy!
    Sparkles

Dandy Destiny Highside 1995 Awning Options/Suggestions Empty Re: Dandy Destiny Highside 1995 Awning Options/Suggestions

Post by Sparkles Sat 12 Apr 2014, 9:25 am

KB wrote:Hi Sparkles and welcome!

Some time ago I was looking through previous posts for ideas about awnings and I came across the following posted by Carl some time ago.

I'm not sure if the link has worked but if you look Carl up in the member list and click on 'see posts' this one can be found on page 3 I believe.

Carl has adapted an ordinary caravan awning to fit a Destiny High Side and very helpfully provided a step by step guide as to how to go about doing the same for yourself.

I'm sure if the link fails to work someone will come along and correct this.

Hope you enjoy your Dandy!

Thanks for that KB. I've sent the link onto my husband (more his area  lol!  )

Sparkles xx
    navver

Post by navver Sat 12 Apr 2014, 10:26 pm

Here's a thread on a Movelite on a designer with some pics.

The movelite is basically a freestanding awning made for a small motorhome. It would nrmally connect using a flap. That flap can go over the dandy as in the designer thread above or it might be able to tuck under the roof like a conventional dandy PVC awning. It would probably fit a destiny as well or better than the designer.

With a destiny you can fit a length of caravan awnng track on the side wall but you need to make sure any awning you buy is suitable for the height and that it will clear the door when it opens. The problem is that a dandy has a sloping roof but caravans have a straight section of roof.

For destiny awning options you can also look at Dandy 6 threads like this: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

or this : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Sparkles

Dandy Destiny Highside 1995 Awning Options/Suggestions Empty Update.....

Post by Sparkles Sun 20 Apr 2014, 5:51 pm

Just to update.....

I decided to go for a Movelite XL. Mainly because i saw a deal (i think) on a 2nd hand one for £65. It has one broken pole but the kit to repair is £14.50

It was delivered on Good Friday, but had a mega busy weekend so no time to look at it yet. Gonna get it out in the middle of the week to check it all over.

Just need to pick up my camper now! I've got the money together to pay for it and have called the dealer. We are collecting Tuesday 29th. Was hoping to collect this week but they are really busy with handovers. Still, its only a week away! Aiming to take it out for our first trial run May bank holiday weekend (3 days after i pick it up) for the daughters birthday. Wish me luck!

Sparkles xx

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 10:54 am