Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+3
jake001
mike
discobryan
7 posters

First holiday of the year :)

discobryan
    discobryan

First holiday of the year :) Empty First holiday of the year :)

Post by discobryan Thu 17 Apr 2014, 10:31 am

Can't wait me and the better half are taking the dandy up to wester Ross at the end of the month tidied up and cleaned out the dart at the weekend and now impatiently waiting for the 28th so we can get away Smile hopefully the weather holds so I can take my pipes out to the beach Smile
    Anyone else have holidays planned then now that the better weather is coming in? And has anyone been to wester Ross, never been lol Smile
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

First holiday of the year :) Empty Re: First holiday of the year :)

Post by mike Thu 17 Apr 2014, 12:33 pm

discobryan wrote:Can't wait me and the better half are taking the dandy up to wester Ross at the end of the month tidied up and cleaned out the dart at the weekend and now impatiently waiting for the 28th so we can get away :)hopefully the weather holds so I can take my pipes out to the beach Smile
    Anyone else have holidays planned then now that the better weather is coming in?  And has anyone been to wester Ross, never been lol Smile

Have a great time,we have nothing planned  Crying or Very sad again
    jake001
    jake001

Post by jake001 Thu 17 Apr 2014, 1:33 pm

I took my VW camper to Achiltibuie many years ago, it was stunning, miles and miles down a single track road north of Ullapool. Now is the best time to avoid the midges  cheers
    discobryan
    discobryan

Post by discobryan Thu 17 Apr 2014, 2:57 pm

Not so good mike Sad still early though!

I know what you mean about the midgies mike! Thankfully we have a thing ma jig in the camper meant to keep em away lol Smile it helps! Trying to think if I have been up that way before, I think I have but can't quite remember lol Smile hoping though that there will be a few open spaces as I said I'm taking the pipes lol! :d hopefully I shan't disturb anyone lol
    So you not thinking about going away then mike?
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Thu 17 Apr 2014, 4:01 pm

No circumstances are against us at the moment.
    discobryan
    discobryan

Post by discobryan Thu 17 Apr 2014, 5:34 pm

Aw not so good mike hope that things get better for you guys soon Smile
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 17 Apr 2014, 5:50 pm

We're stuck at home this time too, one of the rabbits seemed under the weather so we took her to the vets today and she needs to be given antibiotics daily ...... now as much as my dad likes the rabbits he draws the line at bathing and administering medication. Truth is we wouldn't leave a sick animal at home anyway. Hope everyone who is getting away has a lovely time  First holiday of the year :) 184121345 
    Rik Shaw
    Rik Shaw

First holiday of the year :) Empty First holiday of the year

Post by Rik Shaw Thu 17 Apr 2014, 7:27 pm

Something for the Midges...  if you need it this time of year.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Worked for me  at Loch Long.....  (were they sell it on the campsite)

Apparently it is the citrus content that does the trick and the Royal Marines swear by it allegedly..

and also useful ................  http://midgeforecast.co.uk/about-the-forecast/about-the-forecast

just Googled Wester Ross that looks a nice place to play the pipes.

RIK.
    discobryan
    discobryan

Post by discobryan Thu 17 Apr 2014, 8:21 pm

sorry to hear about your rabbits that isnt so good  Sad Sad  hopefully they return to normal soon so you can get away and make the most of the good weather Exclamation 

hoping to get a few good pics and will try to get them on here for you all tae have laugh at  lol! 

still got a week o work and two weekends of discos to get through first though! so hopefully your weather predictions stay accurate rik Exclamation 
    to be fair will probably spend the first half Sleep hehe Very Happy
    still
     First holiday of the year :) 2702329197 First holiday of the year :) 2702329197 First holiday of the year :) 2702329197 First holiday of the year :) 2702329197 First holiday of the year :) 3498837457 
    Very Happy
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Fri 18 Apr 2014, 1:38 am

Rik Shaw wrote:Something for the Midges...  if you need it this time of year.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Worked for me  at Loch Long.....  (were they sell it on the campsite)

Apparently it is the citrus content that does the trick and the Royal Marines swear by it allegedly..

and also useful ................  http://midgeforecast.co.uk/about-the-forecast/about-the-forecast

just Googled Wester Ross that looks a nice place to play the pipes.

RIK.

I thought they had changed the recipe of Skin So Soft a couple of years ago and it no longer worked for midge protection though I can't find a Google link for this.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Fri 18 Apr 2014, 1:06 pm

I think Kevin's right regarding skin so soft, I'd used it for years with good results as I used to be like the local fly through for anything hungry. I last used it at Hatfield water park and I got bitten and bitten and bitten a couple were so bad I had to have antibiotics and they left scars ....... my husband who used nothing didn't get one bite! probably because they'd all dined out on me  Twisted Evil 
    discobryan
    discobryan

Post by discobryan Sat 19 Apr 2014, 1:32 am

Lol hopefully the thingy we have should keep them away Smile not entirely sure what it is tbh lol Smile
    Aye the midgies can be fair nasty creatures! So fingers crossed we aren't too bothered with them Smile don't really get much where we are being at the east side of Scotland Smile lol
    discobryan
    discobryan

Post by discobryan Sun 04 May 2014, 5:39 pm

So we are back home now had a great time
    Spent half the holiday at gairloch then moved on to drumnadrochit for the rest (nearer to civilisation!) other than a good gale wind which the dandy stood up to brilliantly the holdiday was brill Smile although did manage to break a hinge on the gas box Sad any ideas on fixing that lol
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Wed 07 May 2014, 10:44 pm

Good to see photo's of the hinge / box as there are so many styles  flower  great to hear you had a brilliant holiday my first camp in a Dandy was in hurricane winds and survived  First holiday of the year :) 3462454224  First holiday of the year :) 3462454224 
    discobryan
    discobryan

Post by discobryan Thu 08 May 2014, 9:12 am

Lol will try to et pics up Smile was really pleased it made it as quite a few tents didn't lol! Smile kinda felt sorry 4 them a wee bit lol
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 08 May 2014, 9:36 am

I bet you also felt smug  First holiday of the year :) 344726530 a Wee bit  First holiday of the year :) 2702329197  once you've seen just what a Dandy will stand up to you sleep so much better the next time your out in bad weather  First holiday of the year :) 3498837457 
    discobryan
    discobryan

Post by discobryan Thu 08 May 2014, 11:42 am

Lol maybe a wee bit lol Smile first time we've had it out in weather like that Smile found myself highly impressed and it was great fun. Trying to unpack it in the winds the day after lol Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 5:44 pm