Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+2
Krist0n
jjb
6 posters

Can anyone help me identify the age of this destiny?

jjb

Can anyone help me identify the age of this destiny? Empty Can anyone help me identify the age of this destiny?

Post by jjb Fri 13 Jun 2014, 9:54 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hello, Just bid and won this dandy on ebay and will be going to check it and purchase it shortly but does anyone have any idea about the age? It's been sold as a 92 however the upholstery looks to me to be newer than that. It has the light wood kitchen and the bed ends are light wood too. Does anyone have any info on this for me please?
    I've currently got designer which is the light blue upholstery but a 97 I think!

Many thanks

Jenny

Last edited by jjb on Fri 13 Jun 2014, 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : new image)
    Krist0n
    Krist0n

Can anyone help me identify the age of this destiny? Empty Re: Can anyone help me identify the age of this destiny?

Post by Krist0n Fri 13 Jun 2014, 10:16 pm

Apart from the tops of the units and the top of the table, it's identical inside to our 2006 Destiny from that photo. Has it got the toilet?
    The outside is definitely different though.
    jjb

Can anyone help me identify the age of this destiny? Empty Re: Can anyone help me identify the age of this destiny?

Post by jjb Fri 13 Jun 2014, 10:20 pm

Hello... no toilet and the photo of the inside is definitely of the other outside image shown. i'm stumped too!
    Rik Shaw
    Rik Shaw

Post by Rik Shaw Fri 13 Jun 2014, 10:52 pm

Hi....jjb Hope this is helpful

there should be a date stamp on the top of the A frame near the jocky wheel.

RIK.
    jjb

Post by jjb Fri 13 Jun 2014, 10:57 pm

Hi Rik,
    Yup I'll be sure to check that when I get there, I was just wondering if anyone else had any clues before I head down there! Not that it makes much difference...just intrigued!

cheers
    Jen
    navver

Post by navver Fri 13 Jun 2014, 11:05 pm

Could be as late as 2002 or 2003. Before the dark blue upholstery they used red for a while.
    jjb

Post by jjb Fri 13 Jun 2014, 11:13 pm

Thanks Navver,, when did they swap to navy pvc from the light blue pvc?

cheers Jen
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 14 Jun 2014, 4:24 pm

Double glazed windows didn't happen until 94 which it has, the interior is lovely ..... possibly a prototype for the new interior or perhaps it had a refurb at a later date. Kevin will probably be able to say when that shaped tub came in with it's distinctive shape. I think the dark blue came in around the end of 2001 possibly 2002. Doesn't really matter what age it is so long as it's been well cared for  Can anyone help me identify the age of this destiny? 1428739134 on your new Dandy
    navver

Post by navver Sat 14 Jun 2014, 4:24 pm

2003 going into 2004. Light blue ran from 1987 to 2003. The longest lasting colour at the height of their sales explains why there are so many of them.

I'm going to plump for 2003 because the blue interior was only at the end of the light blue run.

Have a look at the drawbar plate. Mine is a plate riveted to the top of the A frame. It has 4 numbers followed by 05C showing it is 2005, perhaps 3rd quarter.
    navver

Post by navver Sat 14 Jun 2014, 4:29 pm

There was an earlier light blue destiny on here, with dark blue interior because Riva did a repair on it under warranty which requred replacing the upholstery.

Yertiz

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Is it the same one? The window over the bed is an extra. Has yours got one? No it hasn't just seen your pic.

The one in the thread is a 98.
    navver

Post by navver Sat 14 Jun 2014, 4:39 pm

This late destiny with red upholstery has white bed side boards as does Lol & Steves '98, whereas yours are wood. This indicates yours could be earlier and has been reupholsered.

The modern dark blues also have white bed side boards.

jjb

Post by jjb Sat 14 Jun 2014, 7:25 pm

Yes I noticed the bed boards too - were they wood effect in earlier models? Sure it will become clear when I get it! Maybe should award a prize to the closest guess on its age!!!!
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sat 14 Jun 2014, 8:43 pm

Helen was nice enough to say I might well know about the interior furnishing and age. I'm afraid I know no more than (and probably less than) navver.
    Just a point the age is on the top of the off side of the A frame. Don't be looking at the stamped plate on the coupling.
    I did try to see if I could pick up any further details from the eBay advert but after doing completed listing searches on Dandy Tents and Dandy Campers I couldn't find it, any chance of a link?

Why search Dandy Campers and Dandy Tents?
    Dandy Campers covers Dandy Campers and Dandy Folding Campers.
    Dandy Tents Covers Dandy Trailer Tents but also allows for the multitudes who spell Trailer as Trailor.

Was yours an obscure title or a general folding camper/trailer tent one?

I'm with Helen as for pricing it's condition first then extras (awning,heater, etc) only then age.
    Dandys do last a lifetime so while the price of two Dandys that are say eight years apart may differ their worth is probably the same.
    jjb

Post by jjb Sat 14 Jun 2014, 10:27 pm

Hello it was sold as a dandy folding caravan! This will be be my third ; my parent had one a 1960's one when we were kids, I have a dandy designer currently and now this one. To be honest I know that regardless of their age they hold value I'm just intrigues by the history if this one!!!
    jjb

Post by jjb Wed 18 Jun 2014, 7:21 pm

It was a 99 after all and not a 92 !!! Originally the red covers but recovered to blue afterwards. Ir also came with full electrics including battery charging thingy, room lining, winderised walls and gas struts on the bed. Chuffed to bits but it's HUGE!!!
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 18 Jun 2014, 9:43 pm

A full awning as well. not a bad price at all.
    Especially as you have a lot of electric stuff fitted it might be a bit of an idea to check round the wiring. Even or particularly because it was wired by Dandy it might leave a bit to be desired.
    See [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Which developed from this thread [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Which in turn came from this [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I know the above is a massive read and depending on your interests might be hard to fathom. I'll add ignorance if needed but navver is also around a lot if you need advice. Not to be paranoid but especially as you have a lot of electrical kit it's worth looking. I know of one Highside Destiny owner who nearly torched it because of the battery and a lack of fuses.

With all that kit will you be strictly EHU sites or do we expect you to be shopping for a Riviera heater soon?

See a 94 Destiny might of had a Riviera heater there is always a downside.  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  I'm only jealous.
    jjb

Post by jjb Wed 18 Jun 2014, 9:52 pm

Will get the electrics looked at but there is some 2011 paperwork from BCA leisure for a eurocharger which I think charges up an insitu battery when on the electric hook up.
    They did throw in a free camping heater too!!!
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 18 Jun 2014, 9:56 pm

I've seen some with a fitted plinth heater. Kirston has one.
    Don't tell me that it has a Propex and they didn't know what it was that would be too much.
    jjb

Post by jjb Wed 18 Jun 2014, 10:13 pm

I wish!! I was chuffed with the gas struts though!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 01 May 2024, 10:21 pm