Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

2 posters

Awning tie down kit

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Awning tie down kit Empty Awning tie down kit

Post by mike Sun 10 Jul 2011, 10:46 am

Another piece of just in case gear,the trouble is when you need one its too late to go and get one,had one myself for a year only used it once and then it was on the dandy not the awning.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Awning tie down kit Empty Re: Awning tie down kit

Post by Helen Sun 10 Jul 2011, 11:38 am

We have one but in high winds it sounds like a helicopter Shocked We do have ratchet straps attached to it as Johns hands are a bit weak now so they help but you have to be careful not to over tighten and we do put it along over the front frame of the awning. We have used it but I'm not sure its necessary with the Dandy Awning but it is comforting knowing its there when we are in an exposed area.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 10 Jul 2011, 12:10 pm

helen wrote:We have one but in high winds it sounds like a helicopter Shocked We do have ratchet straps attached to it as Johns hands are a bit weak now so they help but you have to be careful not to over tighten and we do put it along over the front frame of the awning. We have used it but I'm not sure its necessary with the Dandy Awning but it is comforting knowing its there when we are in an exposed area.

Having only used it once cant confirm this but its said if you put a twist in the strap on each side it reduces the noise.

mike
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 10 Jul 2011, 2:20 pm

I will try that Mike and let you know if it works, It really doe's sound like a helicopter and is really annoying. Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 4:39 am