Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

3 posters

Dandy Sides

hannah3dog

Dandy Sides Empty Dandy Sides

Post by hannah3dog Mon 01 Dec 2014, 8:54 pm

I'm thinking of replacing the trailer sides and ends on my Dandy 4. The old ones are the old brown phenolic. The colour doesn't really bother me. The choice seems to be ply (marine), phenolic sheet, fibreglass sheet, aluminium. Does anybody have any ideas which is best. Is condensation an issue?
    navver

Dandy Sides Empty Re: Dandy Sides

Post by navver Tue 02 Dec 2014, 9:09 pm

My 2005 designer has aluminium sides and that has to be the worst for condensation so I guess condensation is not an issue.
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Sat 06 Dec 2014, 9:45 pm

On Phoenix we used marine ply and stained it to try and get as close as we could to the original colour.
    We then used a product called Bonda Marine Seal which gave it a tough sealed finish.
    When we first met Mike and camped with him and Nancy a few Christmases ago he was impressed at our lack of condensation. We were using a small convector heater for the night though.

Hope this helps. Dandy Sides 3498837457

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 2:48 pm