Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

3 posters

Value of Dandy Designer

chris1429

Value of Dandy Designer Empty Value of Dandy Designer

Post by chris1429 Thu 01 Oct 2015, 2:49 pm

Hi everyone,

Can anyone help me. I have had a tyre de-laminate causing damage to the side panel. Have taken it to Riva for a quote and because they no longer make the cream 98 Designer panels, all would have to be replaced. Very expensive repair. I am glad it is insured, all though I have a sneaking feeling they will right my Dandy off. I am trying to find out what the market value will be. Does anyone have any ideas where I can find out. I have it insured for £2000 but the policy pays on the market value, I have been told by Ian at Riva that it is worth between £2300 & £2500.  As the various adds I see vary enormously in price I don't know what price I may be offered.  Mine is a winterised version, had one owner when I bought it. It is in excellent condition.

Many thanks

Chris
    navver

Value of Dandy Designer Empty Re: Value of Dandy Designer

Post by navver Thu 01 Oct 2015, 6:31 pm

That's bad luck. Do you mean the white PVC canvas panels or the walls & doors or the trailer body parts.

I would guess as there aren't many Dandys around and they last for many years, the price will be what someone is willing to pay and that will depend enormously on the condition.

I guess the price Ian quoted is the price he could sell it for.

Like you I see lots of them for sale but have no idea what they actually fetch. Most seem to have a buy it now price which is higher than the ones going for auction fetch. I don't think many of those actually sell. Most people seem happy to pay extra and buy from Ian.

I bought our 2005 dark blue designer in May 2013 for £4000. That included a PVC sun canopy, one underskirt, the shelf with light and a 3way chest fridge. Those extras had a big effect on price too, possibly adding £800.

So Ian's estimate is probably accurate for him selling it. A private sale may be a little less.

Of course, not many will sell at this time of year either.
    peridot
    peridot
    Dandy Admin

Post by peridot Thu 01 Oct 2015, 8:17 pm

Sorry to hear about the damage Chris.

Ebay sales of light blue/white Designer models tend to be no more than £1500 and I've seen really good looking ones go for less than £1000.

Ian can command higher prices as people value the peace of mind, knowing that the unit has been fully serviced and checked over, with any minor repairs attended to.

I wonder how the insurance company would determine the value. I imagine they may try to fob you off with a derisory offer. If that is the case, perhaps evidence of recent sales prices from Ian would be solid grounds on which to appeal.
    chris1429

Post by chris1429 Fri 02 Oct 2015, 6:09 pm

Thanks for the advice. It is the body panel. I guess I will just have to wait and see.

Chris

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 09 May 2024, 12:42 am