Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

2 posters

Gas Prices

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Gas Prices Empty Gas Prices

Post by Tow Itch Fri 04 Dec 2015, 5:42 pm

We did have a piece on here where I'd mentioned using Gas Cylinders UK (in Haydock) or Alfresco Gas (who deliver) because 1) their gas was a bit cheaper 2) they weren't bothered about you needing to have exchange cylinders. One was BP gas and the other FLO gas but actually both BP and Flo Gas are the same company anyway.
    Went to buy some gas today for a friend but the exchange cylinder they have is "Home Heat" this must be the only defunct bottle gas company that Flogas haven't bought the stock of cylinders from.
    Alfresco Gas now seem to be trading under the name Gas Deal but both them and Gas Cylinders UK were uninspiring at £24 or £25 for 13Kg of butane. Trawled eBay and found two Birmingham retailers at £15 for 13Kg of Butane. One of the retailers was offering Energas cylinders I didn't quite manage that deal but did get 3 x 13Kg cylinders of butane for £58.50.
    What might be more interesting to anyone contemplating a winter camp was the propane prices. £13.94 for 11Kg and if you don't mind looking like a pikey (or the hernia) £22.47 for 19Kg. I realise that these are not the most convenient nor transportable sizes but it does knock Calor's price of £20.25 for a 6Kg propane for 6.
    Needles to say no exchange cylinder needed. Yes they will try to pressure you to sign up to a direct debit but I just said no thanks and will pay on reciept. Oh yes these are delivered prices as well.

Nothing to do with camping but if anyone can burn housecoal. I can get a cheap short term deal on coal at less than £100.00 per tonne. This is ex works in Yorkshire so transport will be needed. Please P.M. if interested I'll try and get on site more.

Apologies about spelling, the spielchick seems to have reverted to American English.

D'oh failed to mention that I contacted Energas directly [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    peridot
    peridot
    Dandy Admin

Gas Prices Empty Re: Gas Prices

Post by peridot Sun 06 Dec 2015, 11:26 pm

Amazing how prices can vary so much.

Calor's small cylinders really are an expensive, if convenient, option.

I've been on the lookout for a couple of 6kg Calor lite cylinders to replace my 4.5kg propane ones. Plenty on ebay but all in far flung places. I'm hoping some turn up closer to home before next year's season starts - all the better if they haven't had the recall check done and I can get a free refill.

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Tue 08 Dec 2015, 6:37 pm

peridot wrote:Amazing how prices can vary so much.

Calor's small cylinders really are an expensive, if convenient, option.

I've been on the lookout for a couple of 6kg Calor lite cylinders to replace my 4.5kg propane ones. Plenty on ebay but all in far flung places. I'm hoping some turn up closer to home before next year's season starts - all the better if they haven't had the recall check done and I can get a free refill.

Free gas would always be a bonus but if you are affluent enough to be buying Calor then the Calor Lite 6Kg should be a standard exchange for either a 6Kg propane or a 7Kg butane.

Interesting downsizing the Dandy but upsizing the gas cylinders. Though for the price of that Calor Lite being refilled you can get 19Kg of propane. Go on go Pikey you know you want to. Just think another floor heater might turn up.
    peridot
    peridot
    Dandy Admin

Post by peridot Thu 10 Dec 2015, 12:00 am

I reckon I look pretty Pikey at the best of times so no problem there pig

I'm certain however that I would do myself a mischief lugging a 19kg cylinder around. I've been thinking about the lightweight cylinders for a while, but more so after an embarrassing incident during the summer when I ended up taking away two empty cylinders. As if that wasn't bad enough, I spent the best part of an hour replumbing my gas connections to sort out the "blockage" before considering whether my own stupidity might have been the cause of my problems. At least with the light cylinders it should be a bit more obvious when they're empty.

The Green 'un also has a nice tall and slender (like I once was) locker at the front that would accommodate them perfectly.

I still own both Dandys so the downsizing is 'to be confirmed' - but still more likely than not.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 4:51 pm