Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

3 posters

It's getting cold and prices are rising

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

It's getting cold and prices are rising Empty It's getting cold and prices are rising

Post by Helen Thu 25 Oct 2012, 6:55 am

Good morning, it's not been too bad but temperatures are about to plummet ....... in light of the recent energy price hikes and the rise in food prices ...... and everything else that's gone up

do you have any money saving tips to share with other Dandy Campers Question

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

It's getting cold and prices are rising Empty Re: It's getting cold and prices are rising

Post by mike Thu 25 Oct 2012, 7:59 am

Helen wrote:Good morning, it's not been too bad but temperatures are about to plummet ....... in light of the recent energy price hikes and the rise in food prices ...... and everything else that's gone up

do you have any money saving tips to share with other Dandy Campers Question

Sorry better at spending it lol!
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

It's getting cold and prices are rising Empty Re: It's getting cold and prices are rising

Post by Helen Thu 25 Oct 2012, 8:25 pm

Saw this last night on watchdog ....... for people who need help with heating costs, even if you already get a cold weather payment and younger people on low incomes or with small children can qualify too.

You'll find all the information and eligibility criteria if you click the link

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Fri 26 Oct 2012, 8:41 am

Found another one that can help with improvements to your home that will cut the cost of heating if you meet the criteria

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Fri 26 Oct 2012, 8:49 am

Thermostatic radiator valves could also help save heating costs as you can control the temp in each room individually so don't have to have rooms you don't really use at as high a temperature as the ones you do.

Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Sat 27 Oct 2012, 2:47 pm

We have the loft insulated, the spare rad turned off, the bedroom, kitchen and bathroom on the lowest setting, the main room thermostat is never about 20 degrees - when the heating is on. We have a thick quilt on the bed, and wear an extra jumper when indoors, we also cuddle up in a quilt on the sofa in the evening. Any more tips, apart from go Dandying will be much appreciated. What a Face

I went to see my 83 year old friend the other day, I was wearing 2 jumpers, she just a thin t shirt jumper thing, she said have you not got your heating on? I said, no, we can't afford to, we don't get a winter payment like you. lol!

I only visit her to have a warm, not to check shes ok, lol. Laughing
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Sat 27 Oct 2012, 2:51 pm

I've realised why we enjoy astronomy, well I wear 5 layers, 2 pairs of trousers, snow boots, woolly hat and a hood. I'm toasty warm under this lot, but when I go back inside - it then feels red hot, heating problem solved. affraid
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 27 Oct 2012, 3:03 pm

Get my winter fuel payment next month lol!
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Sat 27 Oct 2012, 3:06 pm

mike wrote:Get my winter fuel payment next month lol!

I'll come to yours then, need to keep an eye on the old people. affraid Suspect Laughing
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 27 Oct 2012, 3:11 pm

Cazz wrote:

I'll come to yours then, need to keep an eye on the old people. affraid Suspect Laughing

The trouble is with Nancy on the forum i cant make you an offer to warm you up affraid well i meant you could have the chair next to the fire. lol! got the chimney sweep booked for the 16th of November then i can refit the solid fuel stove.
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Sat 27 Oct 2012, 3:14 pm

mike wrote:
    Cazz wrote:

The trouble is with Nancy on the forum i cant make you an offer to warm you up affraid well i meant you could have the chair next to the fire. lol! got the chimney sweep booked for the 16th of November then i can refit the solid fuel stove.

affraid Solid fuel stoves are ace, are you getting one for the Dandy too? Rolling Eyes
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 27 Oct 2012, 3:27 pm

Cazz wrote:
    mike wrote:
    Cazz wrote:

affraid Solid fuel stoves are ace, are you getting one for the Dandy too? Rolling Eyes

Good idea plenty of trees on site affraid
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Sat 27 Oct 2012, 3:37 pm

affraid lol! It's getting cold and prices are rising 1710857839 you'll ruin your roof. Shocked

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 2:24 pm