Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

2 posters

Cold Weather Alerts

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Cold Weather Alerts Empty Cold Weather Alerts

Post by Helen Tue 01 Nov 2011, 1:17 pm

From today until 31st of March 2012 you can check to see if there are any alerts concerning ice and snow, so if anyone is going away during the colder months you can keep up to date here.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Cold Weather Alerts Empty Re: Cold Weather Alerts

Post by Helen Wed 13 Mar 2013, 8:36 pm

Thought I'd remind people that this is here, it's spring again but still feels like winter Rolling Eyes I changed the banner picture to brighten things up because it really doesn't feel like spring at the moment ....... wonder if we should change it to the Dandy in the snow Laughing
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 13 Mar 2013, 10:57 pm

Helen wrote:Thought I'd remind people that this is here, it's spring again but still feels like winter Rolling Eyes I changed the banner picture to brighten things up because it really doesn't feel like spring at the moment ....... wonder if we should change it to the Dandy in the snow Laughing

Is it Spring? On a monthly basis Dec, Jan & Feb are winter but the 1st day of Spring is still the 20th March.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 14 Mar 2013, 11:12 am

Historically spring starts on the vernal equinox which is on or around 20th March, but The Met Office has little time for celestial patterns so picked the 1st of March for simplicity's sake, choosing to slot the four seasons into the 12 months by starting a new season on the first of the relevant month tongue
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 23 Mar 2013, 9:14 am

My daughters house this morning, she has a step up to her door but it's disappeared. Looks like it'll be a few days before she comes here with the children .......... peace Cold Weather Alerts 115684958

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 23 Mar 2013, 9:23 am

And this is The Quiet Site yesterday and a very determined camper

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 26 Mar 2013, 6:14 pm

The met office have said that building snowmen could help reduce flooding because the compacted snow will melt slower giving more time for drainage ..... so who's going to go out and build snowmen cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 1:29 am