Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+3
jenstar
mike
Tow Itch
7 posters

Dodgy Dandy Does Different Domiciles

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Dodgy Dandy Does Different Domiciles Empty Dodgy Dandy Does Different Domiciles

Post by Tow Itch Tue 23 Aug 2011, 3:05 pm

Dear All

Do you remember:

Dear All

Whats the difference between:

Link removed due to description confusion

And

Link removed due to description confusion

To save you all checking the original ad ends in.
    On 26-Jul-11 at 16:54:55 BST, seller added the following information:

Just realised that I forgot to mention one other minor fault onthe camper. The wardrobe door has damge to the veneer. It is under the teatowel on the picture so you can see that it is not a major fault but one I wanted to point out.

Also it has a new tyre as we had a puncture and replaced one of the tyres but not the other. It has a spare wheel underneath too.

The re listed ad is.

There is some minor damage to the veneer on the wardrobe door and a 4" split in the bodywork near the offside wheel arch which has been repaired. I will add a photo asap.

Marginal difference!
    Mind you a high sided Destiny for £1,500 pounds the repair would have to be pants to to get picky over that. Either that or the awning didn't impress so the repair became the excuse to not buy?

It was Mike not myself who removed the links he had some issues with information about how the damage had been caused.
    I might have liked the links to stay to warn people but was totally happy with Mikes choice after all he moderates.
    However things have moved on.
    The completed listing:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dandy-destiny-Folding-Camper-Trailer-Tent-/150642636636?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_HikingCamping_Tents_JN&hash=item231300375c
    Appears to have become:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DANDY-FOLDING-CAMPER-6-BERTH-/220835300309?pt=UK_Campers_Caravans_Motorhomes&hash=item336acf43d5 Complete with a new vendor and address.
    Fine good and maybe someones regretting their new purchase but if you look at Gumtree things start to look a little murky.

Dear Mike

Posted Xxxx earlier today to warn of an advert in ebay that looked suspiciously like the one you removed the link to, but it was at a different address.
    Just come across these on Gumtree:
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The dozy c$%t had put them next to each other!
    I don't know if it was so the more expensive one would sell the cheaper one.

Greedy too will advertise for £1,450 having knocked back £1,270.

Don't know Xxxx that well so don't want her to think I'm stalking, I'll let you tell her.

Kevin.

I now propose to do two things:
    I will ask the current vendor if they are also the previous vendor and have any knowledge of the items on Gumtree.
    I would not cast aspersions on an innocent party.

I still contribute to "The Dandy Forum" not the only one!
    As far as possible I keep their business there and your (hopefully our) business here.
    There is a limit however and I'll be dammed if I see someone get burned because I didn't post a comment.
    Hopefully this is not seen as any lack of loyalty.

Kevin.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Dodgy Dandy Does Different Domiciles Empty Re: Dodgy Dandy Does Different Domiciles

Post by mike Tue 23 Aug 2011, 3:16 pm

Thanks Kevin as you say needs sorting,ime sure i speak for the rest of the team when i say please do post your concerns on the other forum.

mike
    jenstar
    jenstar

Dodgy Dandy Does Different Domiciles Empty Re: Dodgy Dandy Does Different Domiciles

Post by jenstar Tue 23 Aug 2011, 5:05 pm

Its also back on Ebay for £2450, I was watching this when I was looking to buy and found out a little too much about it if you know what I mean! Soooo.... I didnt bid, not surprised its still for sale.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Tue 23 Aug 2011, 5:15 pm

Dear All

True to my work or just plain dumb.
    I have emailed the prospective sellers:

Hello

Hopefully I'm completely wrong, but a few of us are curious that we think we have seen this Dandy before?
    If you have just bought this and are regretting your purchase, or have nothing to do with this other Dandy I apologise and will set the record straight.
    Your Dandy looks an awful lot like: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Also [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    And [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    I find these particularly hard to understand as one is listed for only £180 more than was rejected on the last ebay sale as not reached reserve.
    There are two different Dandy groups speculating over this at the moment, but it seems wrong to do so without enquiring with the vendor.

Thanks In Anticipation.

Kevin.

Unfortunately the type of sale it is on, or the way in which they have structured the sale meant that they require those posting questions to reveal their phone no.
    While I would have liked an email response to post (Or never receive) I now await a shocked and innocent vendor or an even more displeased guilty one.
    Mike if you were working I could have forwarded the 4am calls on to you.

Kevin.
    jenstar
    jenstar

Post by jenstar Tue 23 Aug 2011, 5:47 pm

When it was originally put on ebay it was stored at a parents house, so a different location entirely to the owners address, so I was told. Rolling Eyes
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Tue 23 Aug 2011, 5:51 pm

If its the same one its listed at

Gumtree £1450
    Gumtree £1850
    Ebay £2450

Could be many reasons that are genuine but it doesn't look good
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Tue 23 Aug 2011, 6:38 pm

Dear All

A reply.

Hi,Are you the Dandy police!!!!have I broken the Dandy code for ethical practice, for if I have sinned I shall thoroughly repent and stand before the high leader of Dandyshire and take the forthcoming punishment, shall one be imminent.I await further instruction from my Dandy peers.

- ellypally

Got to give them marks for that reply

Fair Enough
    All is as it seems.
    May I thank you for a pithy and stylish response.

Kevin

Now remind me again what is my general opinion of ebay advertisers?

Though there is an orange Dandy for sale today where they admit the frame is knackered.

Kevin.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Tue 23 Aug 2011, 6:55 pm

If i had the same unit advertised apparently at three different prices my answer would have been an explanation to you Kevin
    but that's me.

mike
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Tue 23 Aug 2011, 7:20 pm

Tow Itch wrote: Dear All

A reply.

Hi,Are you the Dandy police!!!!have I broken the Dandy code for ethical practice, for if I have sinned I shall thoroughly repent and stand before the high leader of Dandyshire and take the forthcoming punishment, shall one be imminent.I await further instruction from my Dandy peers.

- ellypally

Got to give them marks for that reply

Fair Enough
    All is as it seems.
    May I thank you for a pithy and stylish response.

Kevin

Now remind me again what is my general opinion of ebay advertisers?

Though there is an orange Dandy for sale today where they admit the frame is knackered.

Kevin.

how hilarious i'm typing with tears in my eyes id have thought someone who was trying to do someone out of over a grand may have a little more eleoquence, however kevin may i congratulate you on 'your' pithy and stylish response Dodgy Dandy Does Different Domiciles 3462454224 Dodgy Dandy Does Different Domiciles 3462454224 Dodgy Dandy Does Different Domiciles 3462454224 Dodgy Dandy Does Different Domiciles 3462454224
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 23 Aug 2011, 8:50 pm

Sorry for the late reply Kevin but I have also been stung a few times so I am pleased you can let people know if something doesn't quite sit right, I would always say give the seller a chance to explain but not all sellers are honest.
    Ali
    Ali

Post by Ali Tue 23 Aug 2011, 10:46 pm

Dodgy Dandy Does Different Domiciles 2170595768
    Gosh just read all the stuff on here about these dandys. Thank goodness people are looking out for others I can say. I might easily have been tempted to buy and never have seen all the different adds which seem very odd! Thanks very much folks! xx
    Dodgy Dandy Does Different Domiciles 115684958
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 12 Oct 2011, 12:31 am

Well It Might Be Perfectly Alright

If you remember the Dodgy Dandy Does Different Domiciles thread [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Well the last version of the add was [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Which you might see is somewhat similar to this except this is A NEW DANDY [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Now my original issue was about possible undisclosed faults, admittedly multiple vendors and locations for the same product became part of it, but this second Dandy is probably fine if perhaps a little overpriced certainly at this time of year.

I so want to go round and find out someones sold him an even bigger piece of shite than he has sold on.

Now does someone want to view this in Bournemouth, then Uxbridge before I arrange a viewing in Liverpool
    Krist0n
    Krist0n

Dodgy Dandy Does Different Domiciles Empty is it a dud?

Post by Krist0n Sat 05 Nov 2011, 8:23 pm

Hi. Is this Dandy worth buying? Any idea what sort of price may be worth paying? Or would you not touch it at all?
    Thanks
    Kriston
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Sat 05 Nov 2011, 9:30 pm

k.zissler wrote:Hi. Is this Dandy worth buying? Any idea what sort of price may be worth paying? Or would you not touch it at all?
    Thanks
    Kriston

i personally wouldn't spend any thing like they are after (maybe a 500 quid punt on fixing it up if you have the time and the ability) on a dandy of that age with the purported damage (think mike knows more about its past) not when you can get really sound brown 6's for under a grand
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 06 Nov 2011, 10:15 am

No Dandy is beyond repair, I don't know what is wrong with it but before I made an offer I would look over it thoroughly first. Viewing is welcome so you have the chance to check it all over and take into account anything that needs doing and reflect that in the price you are prepared to pay. If its not possible to view then I would wait until something else comes along. Saying all of that though with 4 children I would want one with a full Dandy awning as they are tough and will give you the space you need for the baby's pushchair and other essentials.

At the moment there's not a lot of Dandy's for sale but there always are during the season.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 06 Nov 2011, 3:09 pm

k.zissler wrote:Hi. Is this Dandy worth buying? Any idea what sort of price may be worth paying? Or would you not touch it at all?
    Thanks
    Kriston

Kriston.

First a question as this is not listed on ebay, Preloved or Gumtree (Not entirely sure about Gumtree I've got some page loading problems at the moment esp on Gumtree) are you going to ring on spec using the number given in expired add, or is has it being listed elsewhere?
    As may be seen on the photos there is a patch on the skin to the rear of the offside wheel. I don't know the entire story but apparently a member of this forum viewed it and established what the event was that caused this damage.
    I BELIEVE BUT AM NOT CERTAIN THAT THIS RELATED TO A WHEEL COMING ADRIFT NB Mike knows more.
    If thats correct then: Why did it come adrift? What other damage occurred? Axle? Twist to frame?
    As an aside and open question to everyone. On a Destiny is the frame the same as on the other Dandys or is there an Alko type sub frame?
    I'm generally in agreement with Helen that there is nothing that can't be repaired but to do that economically depends on a correct or pessimistic assessment and your ability to repair. I can't imagine that the price will reduce to the point where it becomes cost effective to use a professional repairer.
    There is obviously something not too good or the prospective buyer was very cautious as a prospective buyer walked away on this at a price of £1,500.
    Other sales history on this is interesting it was re-listed for £1,450 when £1,270 was rejected, why would you do that? I know what comes to my mind!
    Also with regard to sales. It's not too clear on here now (because of changes in the ebay add) but at a recent point this vendor has also picked up a Designer or Discovery (can't remember which) and sold it.
    The Dandy does have a non original canvas awning. As with everything else I'd look it over well, with nothing taken as a given.
    Why not have a punt if you think you can get it at the right price, Southport isn't too far from Cheshire.
    Why not before then travel up the M6 to Jnc 27 and see Ian at Riva Dandy Sales (when did it change from Riva Leisure?)http://www.rivadandysales.co.uk/index.cgi?action=page&pageno=8
    Ian built the late Dandys and still has more on site for sale than anyone else. Especially Destinys or the slightly smaller Dimensions (only place I have ever seen a Dimension). Though at the exact opposite end of the price/risk scale from this see Ian if for no other reason than he will be really helpful. If after reading the guides to what to look for when viewing a Dandy, do ask here but Ian is the master of knowledge.
    Though not much up for sale at the moment the more Dandys you can see before looking at one you want the more you will be attuned to what your looking at and be aware of faults.
    Best of luck.

Kevin.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 4:30 pm