Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+3
Tow Itch
mike
red43dog
7 posters

Dandy Destiny For Sale

red43dog

Dandy Destiny For Sale Empty Dandy Destiny For Sale

Post by red43dog Mon 04 Feb 2013, 2:12 pm

Our beloved Dandy Destiny is now for sale.
    Due to ill health it has stood for 5 years after a complete refit to the interior, rewired for 12 and 240 volts with a distribution unit and charger. light blue in colour with porch all the camping stuff included exterior toilet tent etc. Battery now scrapped and Tyres need replacing before its on the road plus the under floor heater will need a service. Stored outside but under a tarp.
    Mail me if you want a look or more info. Don't really know its age,( from info given it seems to be 1991. It was all sound when last folded. Open to best offer,Mail me if interested.
    its in Leicestershire LE67 Ibstock

Will try to give more info and photos after the weekend after some kind suggestions
    Pets welcome and free coffee, may even exchange for a Springer spaniel pup. Or an Aston Martin.
    Thanks
    John
    THANKS ALL ON THE SITE WHO HELPED WITH INFO HAVE NOW SOLD MY DANDY.

Thanks to all who helped on this site the camper was sold to Carteramberdamson who was the first to reply as to the sale on this forum.
    they will no doubt continue on here as they are now Dandy owners.

Last edited by red43dog on Wed 27 Feb 2013, 10:49 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated)
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Dandy Destiny For Sale Empty Re: Dandy Destiny For Sale

Post by mike Mon 04 Feb 2013, 2:15 pm

red43dog wrote:Our beloved Dandy Destiny is now for sale.
    Due to ill health it has stood for 5 years after a complete refit to the interior, rewired for 12 and 240 volts with a distribution unit and charger. Blue in colour with awning ( just the roof) all the camping stuff included toilet tent etc. Battery now scrapped and Tyres need replacing before its on the road plus the under floor heater will need a service.
    Mail me if you want a look or more info. Don't really know its age but it was all sound when last folded. Open to best offer,Mail me if interested.
    Pets welcome and free coffee, may even exchange for a Springer spaniel pup. Or an Aston Martin.
    Thanks
    John

Sorry to hear that John,have you any pictures,the forum may not let you post them but i could send you my email and then i would post them for you.

mike
    red43dog

Dandy Destiny For Sale Empty Ref Photos;

Post by red43dog Mon 04 Feb 2013, 2:28 pm

I only have one photo will try to find it !! or the boss will.
    Thanks for the offer to post.
    John
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Mon 04 Feb 2013, 3:48 pm

Due to ill health it has stood for 5 years after a complete refit to the interior, rewired for 12 and 240 volts with a distribution unit and charger. Blue in colour with awning ( just the roof) all the camping stuff included toilet tent etc. Battery now scrapped and Tyres need replacing before its on the road plus the under floor heater will need a service.
    Mail me if you want a look or more info. Don't really know its age but it was all sound when last folded. Open to best offer,Mail me if interested.
    Thanks
    John

John

Sorry to hear you are no longer fit to use your Dandy. Now I'm not looking to buy a Destiny so it doesn't affect me either way but if you have another look at your piece and become a bit more descriptive you may drum up a bit more interest.
    Though you say Blue in colour that covers about 18 years and it is only your mention of the toilet tent that causes me to assume that it is the older light blue Destiny as the dark blue ones have toilets fitted. You say you don't know it's age but it's type might be more important, Highside or Lowside? The Lowside like the original 6 or the Highside raised to allow the fitting of a fridge.
    Blue in colour with awning ( just the roof)
    Does this mean it is just a sun canopy or do you mean something else entirely?
    It's been stood for five years; outside, outside under a cover, or in a garage? I could be expecting very different things depending on the answer to that. It was all sound when last folded! OK I get the idea that your not fit to camp any more but a relative, friend or even slipping a few quid to someone may well help the sale. It removes the chance of last minute embarrassment. In five years anything form a family of mice to just a forgotten potato could have changed the interior drastically. A quick wipe down won't hurt and photos can be taken. If your not a tech guru we'd help you with moving photos from phone or camera to this site. Even if your Designer was bog standard photos still sell but yours has been re upholstered. Remember your original upholstery now look at these pictures of a late model Designer with the later upholstery that I have also seen retro fitted. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] You see how the change of upholstery can increase the desirability?
    As for you mentioning the tyres and heater fair enough but I think it's only wise that someone would budget for new tyres and a heater service on purchase.

It's not been my intention to embarrass you but to help. There may be several hundred pounds difference in price between the different possibilities of Destiny you have and also a few hundred depending on how it is advertised. Conversely if a few hundred is not the end of the world and you can't be bothered I'm not here to get on your back.

One last thought I don't know why you are unfit to Dandy but they can be a bit of a weight to erect. If that was any part of the problem you are aware of the use of gas struts to ease erection?
    red43dog

Dandy Destiny For Sale Empty Thanks for the sugestions

Post by red43dog Tue 05 Feb 2013, 1:48 pm

Thanks for the ideas you pointed out will take them on board. We intend to erect the Destiny at the weekend if possible so some photos can be taken and a clean up ( Just in case the potato has turned into a Triffid)
    It has Gas struts fitted and the awning is just a porch as you pointed out.
    The colour is indeed light blue and the toilet is a exterior tent. Not to sure how to date it is there a serial number anywhere.
    As to erection not to bad a job its the sloping drive that's the problem I haven't the strength or breath to manoeuvre it into its parking place, needs a 3rd electric wheel,my electric scooter hasn't the guts. We have used passers bye in the past.
    Will update the For Sale bit when I've more info.
    Thanks again for your help this is much appreciated.
    John
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Tue 05 Feb 2013, 2:23 pm

There should be a serial number stamped on the A frame the last two digits are the year ie 123492 would be 1992.

mike
    navver

Post by navver Tue 05 Feb 2013, 2:59 pm

We have a motormover on the caravan. I just send it up the drive with a remote control.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 05 Feb 2013, 3:08 pm

I have the hubby ...... no remote but I just send him up the drive lol!

We also have a pull handle that's made life easier with the Dandy, not sure how effective it would be on a Destiny though.
    red43dog

Dandy Destiny For Sale Empty Thanks to all helpers

Post by red43dog Wed 06 Feb 2013, 11:06 am

Thanks for all the peeps who have responded to my post what a friendly bunch.
    The serial number has been found, it was under a level bubble held down with araldite the only numbers visible were 911 or was it 116 so it was either 1916 or 1911. Only cure remove the bubbles sand the araldite away and behold all was revealed (27577 3 91L) so looks like 1991 do the other bits mean anything to anyone? Like this in the 27577th.of model 3 made in late 1991.
    Well done Mike you were only one year out.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 06 Feb 2013, 2:52 pm

Is it a low sided destiny, previously known as a 6 and lighter to tow than the later Destiny's ?

Have a look at this and you can see the different types

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I enjoy Dandy eye spy Laughing

carteramberdamon

Dandy Destiny For Sale Empty hi there im new to this site and sending posts but am very keen for me, my partner and our 3 children to get on the dandy ladder, im very interested in your dandy what price did you have in mind for her? she would be well used and looked after , simone x

Post by carteramberdamon Sat 09 Feb 2013, 8:55 pm

Due to ill health it has stood for 5 years after a complete refit to the interior, rewired for 12 and 240 volts with a distribution unit and charger. light blue in colour with porch all the camping stuff included exterior toilet tent etc. Battery now scrapped and Tyres need replacing before its on the road plus the under floor heater will need a service. Stored outside but under a tarp.
    Mail me if you want a look or more info. Don't really know its age,( from info given it seems to be 1991. It was all sound when last folded. Open to best offer,Mail me if interested.

Will try to give more info and photos after the weekend after some kind suggestions
    Thanks
    John
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sat 09 Feb 2013, 9:38 pm

Well Carteramberdamson that is quite a "jam" in the title area.

Yes, yes, yes. I know it's cheap I've always been cheap.

Hello Simone and family. I'll hopefully be of use at some point and not just inflict cheap puns on you.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 10 Feb 2013, 4:57 am

Carteramberdamson

Dandy Destiny For Sale 1217042266 to the forum have dropped a email to red43dog telling them you are interested in case they haven't seen your post.

mike
    carteramberdamon

Post by carteramberdamon Sun 10 Feb 2013, 10:09 am

mike wrote: Carteramberdamson

Dandy Destiny For Sale 1217042266 to the forum have dropped a email to red43dog telling them you are interested in case they haven't seen your post.

mike
    hi mike thankyou for that im not at all sure what im doing and would be glad of any help i can get Dandy Destiny For Sale 1710857839 Dandy Destiny For Sale 143088812 xx
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 10 Feb 2013, 11:35 am

carteramberdamon wrote:
    mike wrote: Carteramberdamson

mike
    hi mike thankyou for that im not at all sure what im doing and would be glad of any help i can get Dandy Destiny For Sale 1710857839 Dandy Destiny For Sale 143088812 xx

We all had to lean Very Happy
    red43dog

Dandy Destiny For Sale Empty Thanks.Thanks Mike for the mail did get the post

Post by red43dog Sun 10 Feb 2013, 12:06 pm

Got both the mail and the post.
    Due to the weather so far have just managed to move the unit to a space I can work on it. Am trying to sort the US tyres out but due to the foul weather have not managed an erection yet.
    If the rain stops will get it up and take some pics plus a full report on its condition and the items that will be included. Gas bottle , cooking utensils etc.Plus a chance to tidy up any things that need it.
    Watch this space.
    Thanks.John
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 27 Feb 2013, 1:11 am

Thanks
    John
    THANKS ALL ON THE SITE WHO HELPED WITH INFO HAVE NOW SOLD MY DANDY.

Is the purchaser now using this forum or if not do we know how John sold the Destiny?
    carteramberdamon

Dandy Destiny For Sale Empty sale of dandy destiny

Post by carteramberdamon Wed 27 Feb 2013, 11:38 am

hi i would like to announce that i'm the proud owner of john's dandy destiny and will be using this site quite a lot from now on. we intend to use her for the 1st time in the next few week's and are so excited xx
    it was a very smooth and pleasent transaction thank you john xx
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 27 Feb 2013, 12:43 pm

Dandy Destiny For Sale 2792229418 Dandy Destiny For Sale 1428739134 Dandy Destiny For Sale 2792229418

Brilliant news, congratulations.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Wed 27 Feb 2013, 2:05 pm

Dandy Destiny For Sale 1428739134

Hope you enjoy it
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 27 Feb 2013, 3:39 pm

carteramberdamon wrote:hi i would like to announce that i'm the proud owner of john's dandy destiny and will be using this site quite a lot from now on. we intend to use her for the 1st time in the next few week's and are so excited xx
    it was a very smooth and pleasent transaction thank you john xx

Hello welcome and sorry for the poor pun after misreading your username.

This is the sort of attitude that we like rather than waiting for John to get his Dandy out erected and photographed get over there get it seen and in your case get it bought.

So what is it? after reading through the part description I'm expecting a Lowside Destiny. Photos would be great. Even just the ones from when you initially viewed.

If there is anything you don't understand please ask. There are that many oddities and one offs on Dandys that the bit you don't understand may well be a one off we've never seen before.
    carteramberdamon

Dandy Destiny For Sale Empty sale of dandy destiny

Post by carteramberdamon Thu 28 Feb 2013, 10:52 am

hi yes it is a low side, with a sun canopy we think, we have no skirt's or awning so any suggestion's would be greatly received. john was clever and re-made the wardrobe unit and also the cooker unit so it does look a little different i think. i will try and post some photo's with this reply, but may need a little help with doing that?? she is perfect for us and will bring a new meaning of life to our young family Laughing
    when we get her home, up and open i will post a photo of the outside.

Last edited by carteramberdamon on Mon 04 Mar 2013, 10:50 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : yeah i did it)
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Fri 01 Mar 2013, 8:43 pm

Dandy Destiny For Sale 1428739134 on your purchase. Dandy Destiny For Sale 184121345

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 12:01 am