Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+7
Eilis
vickoir
Tow Itch
Cazz
mike
Nick
Phoenix
11 posters

Our Dandy 4 berth rebuild. "Phoenix"

paddys

Our Dandy 4 berth rebuild. "Phoenix" - Page 2 Empty dandy bits

Post by paddys Wed 22 Aug 2012, 5:03 pm

hi ,i have just aquired a dandy similar to yours.my sides are made from grey plastic and is in reasonable condition,some rivets are missing,i intend to part renovate it during the winter.a question,,what are the boards at the end of the beds used for.great pics ,an inspiration to others to rebuild . Very Happy paddys
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Our Dandy 4 berth rebuild. "Phoenix" - Page 2 Empty Re: Our Dandy 4 berth rebuild. "Phoenix"

Post by mike Wed 22 Aug 2012, 5:35 pm

paddys wrote:hi ,i have just aquired a dandy similar to yours.my sides are made from grey plastic and is in reasonable condition,some rivets are missing,i intend to part renovate it during the winter.a question,,what are the boards at the end of the beds used for.great pics ,an inspiration to others to rebuild . Very Happy paddys

Sounds like they could be to protect the bedding from condensation.

Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Our Dandy 4 berth rebuild. "Phoenix" - Page 2 Empty Re: Our Dandy 4 berth rebuild. "Phoenix"

Post by Phoenix Wed 22 Aug 2012, 9:02 pm

mike wrote:
    paddys wrote:hi ,i have just aquired a dandy similar to yours.my sides are made from grey plastic and is in reasonable condition,some rivets are missing,i intend to part renovate it during the winter.a question,,what are the boards at the end of the beds used for.great pics ,an inspiration to others to rebuild . Very Happy paddys

Sounds like they could be to protect the bedding from condensation.

Paddys,
    Are you are talking about the board which is on hinges at the end of the bed on the left of this picture.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If so we just assumed it was the head board for the bed. Its has always been there as long as we have had Phoenix.

As mike says it may be to stop condensation getting on the pillows!!

Ps. thanks for the complements. Smile
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Wed 22 Aug 2012, 9:07 pm

Our 60's one has these boards too, they are helpful at keeping your pillow off the PVC, we're going to add one to the 80's one - one year. What a Face
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Wed 22 Aug 2012, 10:10 pm

flower I have seen some for sale with them top and bottom I thought head and foot boards will put on mine Phoenix how thick it the board? flower
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Wed 22 Aug 2012, 10:22 pm

Caz numbers,

It is the same board as the bed side walls, so was there from new. It is 3.5mm to 4mm thick. Smile
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Wed 22 Aug 2012, 11:34 pm

flower flower flower Our Dandy 4 berth rebuild. "Phoenix" - Page 2 115684958
    order another board then Our Dandy 4 berth rebuild. "Phoenix" - Page 2 2170595768
    paddys

Our Dandy 4 berth rebuild. "Phoenix" - Page 2 Empty dandy chassis repair

Post by paddys Fri 28 Sep 2012, 3:45 pm

hi,mark .more questions Very Happy .where did you get your steel sections from, or did you have to make them up yourself.patrick Cool
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Fri 28 Sep 2012, 9:20 pm

Paddys,

We take it you are talking about our chassis repairs in which case we got our steel box section from a local steel merchants the boys and girl there were very helpful. Smile

We cut them to length and welded it up ourselves. We used the same size as the original, in our case it was 1" x 2" box 1/16th thick. You can get it 1/8th thick if you want to make it heavier duty.

A little tip, when cutting off the old rail we used the 1mm thick cutting discs in our grinder cutting as straight as possible so we didn't lose too much off the rails we left in place. Smile

HIDEHI

Post by HIDEHI Mon 29 Oct 2012, 10:01 am

jest looked at this post , wow what a great job .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 09 May 2024, 12:08 am