Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+5
John
The Admiral
Cazz
Owd Lad
mike
9 posters

Dandy folding camper end of season thoughts

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Dandy folding camper end of  season thoughts - Page 2 Empty Re: Dandy folding camper end of season thoughts

Post by mike Sat 29 Oct 2011, 3:46 pm

helen wrote:Ours is covered when the units fold but only with the wood of the units, it is double though. The little monsters could chew through it but as you say I don't see how they can get any type of grip inside the smooth vertical pipe.

Your design may be slightly different to ours but the fold down unit leaves a half inch gap between itself and the pipe top plenty for one of those little blighter's to slip through.The people we got our first one from where convinced a fellow member had mice in through that pipe.
    sog2

Dandy folding camper end of  season thoughts - Page 2 Empty Re: Dandy folding camper end of season thoughts

Post by sog2 Sat 29 Oct 2011, 7:16 pm

We are hoping to continue using the Delta, but as we live out in the sticks and it stays in the garden we have used two of these in it, battery seems to last about 5 months.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

We do see little rodents in the garden and , touch wood, not had any in camper. Also block off pipe underneath with the top of an aerosol can.

Regards
    Richard
    The Admiral
    The Admiral

Post by The Admiral Sat 29 Oct 2011, 8:23 pm

That's interesting, Minnie is garaged so hopefully we wouldn't get any but these might act as an added deterrent, not to expensive either.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 29 Oct 2011, 9:50 pm

I am going to see what we can do about filling the hole in, I have the centre off a plastic table ( you remove it to put a parasol in ) don't know if it will fit yet but if it doe's it will be pushed in from underneath the camper and we will find a way to keep it there until we put the Dandy up and then it can sit in from the top of the pipe opening.
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Sat 29 Oct 2011, 10:35 pm

The can lid is a good idea for the waste water pipe. Dandy folding camper end of  season thoughts - Page 2 3498837457

When mouse proofing, remember, if you can fit a pencil in a hole, then a mouse will fit also.l: Evil or Very Mad

Our cushions are going to have to stay in the Dandy over winter, we don't have any where else for them. Our cushions stay in our Combi-camp all year round, we've never had any problems with damp in there, and it's canvas. Shocked

We keep bedding permanently in the uninsulated part of the campervan roof, we've never had any problems with damp there either, as long as it doesn't touch the side and make contact with any condensation that might be there, but then we do use the vehicle nearly everyday, which is probably why it's gets condensated. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by cazz on Sat 29 Oct 2011, 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : evil went wrong)
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 30 Oct 2011, 8:15 am

We have plug in thing's that make the same sound. I haven't used them yet but we really should plug one in the garage with all of the tents in there. Shocked
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 04 Dec 2011, 5:49 pm

I found a simple solution to blocking up my sink drain hole ............ I nicked one of Bailey's balls, they are kind of rubbery very bouncy things not like the normal ones and a bit smaller so I simply stuck it up the hole and it will be easy enough to push out with the pipe when we need to.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 12:00 am