Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

5 posters

Christmas count down, number 64.

Cazz
    Cazz

Christmas count down, number 64. Empty Christmas count down, number 64.

Post by Cazz Wed 19 Oct 2011, 11:02 pm

I was excited about the number 64 in the Christmas countdown because I had an awesome picture for it. Unfortunately it doesn't have the number 64 on it, Evil or Very Mad

So I've decided to post here instead. Turn to page 20.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Our car from 1964

Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Christmas count down, number 64. Empty Re: Christmas count down, number 64.

Post by Eilis Thu 20 Oct 2011, 6:27 am

well done but i wouldn't have got it i'm afraid lol

nice to see something even older than i am cheers
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Fri 21 Oct 2011, 6:32 pm

Has anyone looked at the link? The car has been featured in Volksworld magazine, and also Volksworld USA. There is writing, photo's and everything. Cool
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Fri 21 Oct 2011, 7:26 pm

i did caz and must admit your car does indeed look pristine
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Fri 21 Oct 2011, 7:51 pm

We did too Cazz, was your previous Notch in the same condition? If so it is sad that it got written off.
    Was there no chance of it being rebuilt? She/He looks beautiful though. I have only ever owned GTI's in the VW range and have had a few, if not for the build quality I would not be here. I cut one in half with an Oak tree. We do not think you should be taking it to the christmas meet if there is snow on the ground though. santa
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Fri 21 Oct 2011, 8:47 pm

Cheers, we are very lucky to have it, we have effectively adopted it from the bloke who restored it.

The old notch was a later one, no where near the same condition. As the bulk head was bend in the accident, it was assessed as a categorie B write off Sad

These pics of don't look too bad, but the wing was pushed up against the door and the whole front end was twisted, but it did steer and everything.

Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Fri 21 Oct 2011, 8:54 pm

I have only ever owned GTI's in the VW range and have had a few, if not for the build quality I would not be here. I cut one in half with an Oak tree.

Ouch, how on earth did you manage that?

We do not think you should be taking it to the christmas meet if there is snow on the ground though. santa

The car is good in the snow, unfortunately other drivers aren't. Also there will probably be too much salt, Wayne will have to polish the under side again. Shocked

Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Fri 21 Oct 2011, 9:39 pm

cazz wrote:I have only ever owned GTI's in the VW range and have had a few, if not for the build quality I would not be here. I cut one in half with an Oak tree.

Ouch, how on earth did you manage that?

We do not think you should be taking it to the christmas meet if there is snow on the ground though. santa

The car is good in the snow, unfortunately other drivers aren't. Also there will probably be too much salt, Wayne will have to polish the under side again. Shocked

I might have been going a tad quick, straddling the white line to straighten the road out when a bl%$*y pidgeon flew up at me causing me to swerve on a damp road. I didn't like the MK3 Golf to start with because it was heavier than my MK2, it had the side impact bars etc. Good job that was what I was in though. A lot can be said for seatbelts, but in my case if I'd been wearing mine that time I would be dead. The drivers side door pillar ended up in the center of the car and I ended up in the passenger side.

As far as other drivers, don't know if I can comment on that after what has just been said. In my defence I have never hit another car though! We were thinking about the salt issue though and poor Wayne having to clean and polish it.
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Fri 21 Oct 2011, 10:11 pm

It sounds like you were very lucky, have you done it since? Shocked Touch wood, I've never damaged any vehicle in any shape or manner. I was rear ended once in a hire car, that took a couple of years to sort out, it didn't help that the other driver wasn't insured, then did a runner.

This is the other car involved with Waynes accident, he basically changed lanes without checking his blind spot, then took Wayne to court over it saying he drove into the back of him. Needless to say, we won the case, even without a solicitor.

Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Fri 21 Oct 2011, 10:56 pm

There was no getting away from that Cazz. It was definateley a side swipe not a shunt.

Have just scanned a couple of photos of Jens coverted Golf. As you can see she is a lucky girl!

Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Fri 21 Oct 2011, 11:11 pm

That is shocking, it just proves the strength in a VW, very lucky indeed.

When you ever see our car, it will be the one with a circle of cones around it. Wink
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Fri 21 Oct 2011, 11:19 pm

cazz wrote:That is shocking, it just proves the strength in a VW, very lucky indeed.

When you ever see our car, it will be the one with a circle of cones around it. Wink

You say when ever we see your car? Does that just apply to us. Christmas count down, number 64. 3462454224
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Fri 21 Oct 2011, 11:28 pm

Phoenix wrote:
    cazz wrote:That is shocking, it just proves the strength in a VW, very lucky indeed.

You say when ever we see your car? Does that just apply to us. Christmas count down, number 64. 3462454224

lol! Well I guess that will depend on what hiccups other people have had.

Our new neighbour when he first moved in, before he knew that we had the car, said "the best form of security for a car is not to have anything nice, if you have, then smash it up, people won't bother with it then, and when you are on the road other drivers will keep out of the way". I see what he is saying, but we're not taking his advice, can you imagine. affraid
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Sat 22 Oct 2011, 7:13 am

Phoenix wrote:There was no getting away from that Cazz. It was definateley a side swipe not a shunt.

Have just scanned a couple of photos of Jens coverted Golf. As you can see she is a lucky girl!

dear god you mean someone survived???? unreal affraid
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 22 Oct 2011, 10:28 am

Christmas count down, number 64. 2667980805 It looks like a train hit it.
    I got side swiped once in my old cabriolet but it wasn't that bad. I once hit a Skoda in my hubby's Granada and there wasn't a mark on the Skoda but the Granada was damaged quite a bit. We got rear ended once in a Imo car wash and ended up stuck in there for over an hour quite a bit of damage to the car that time. Rolling Eyes In my defence, when I hit the Skoda it was on an icy road and that's why I was in the Granada and not the Cabriolet as that did tend to get ice on the inside of the windscreen so I took his car.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 8:49 am