Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+15
The Admiral
ShaunJUK
jamiepsion
Caz1960
naedoot
Krist0n
Coffee1
Esermalda
Tow Itch
Cazz
vickoir
Eilis
Helen
Phoenix
mike
19 posters

The twitter thread

MrsG
    MrsG

The twitter thread - Page 22 Empty Re: The twitter thread

Post by MrsG Wed 16 May 2012, 6:24 pm

Really looking forward to this weekend and as its almost halfway through the working week, the weekend is in sight!

Have ignored our garden for over a year and as with most things, ignoring them doesn't make them go away at all, just get worse. I have a few months break from my Uni studies and so plan to get the garden back up to scratch. Gave it 5 hours work last Sunday and feel like we barely made a dent, although as they say Rome wasn't built in a day!!!
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Wed 16 May 2012, 6:27 pm

Caustic soda works well in the garden affraid
    MrsG
    MrsG

Post by MrsG Wed 16 May 2012, 7:20 pm

mike wrote:Caustic soda works well in the garden affraid

Mike! lol....

My cherry tree or scented Jasmine might not like that much! I have a lovely garden once its tended....just need to tend it!
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 20 May 2012, 8:38 am

Home again,

Had a lovely time but the weather wasn't great so tried out the porch awning and discovered I need a draft skirt, the awning is only to keep outdoor chairs and Evie's toys dry so didn't bother but because the vans sited on a farm we opened the door every morning to chickens in the awning.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 20 May 2012, 8:41 am

I like roast chicken Very Happy
    MrsG
    MrsG

Post by MrsG Sun 20 May 2012, 9:09 am

Helen wrote:Home again,

Had a lovely time but the weather wasn't great so tried out the porch awning and discovered I need a draft skirt, the awning is only to keep outdoor chairs and Evie's toys dry so didn't bother but because the vans sited on a farm we opened the door every morning to chickens in the awning.

That looks awesome Helen....I love all things animally/wildlife and so would relish in the roaming chickens!
    MrsG
    MrsG

Post by MrsG Sun 20 May 2012, 9:14 am

So, my cold/cough has come to the fore today and is taking me over....I was hoping to go to the cinema this morning (student discount!) and then chill this afternoon. However it wouldn't feel right subjecting the other cinema go-ers to my splutterings....think I'm going to have to take one for the team and give it a miss!

Ah well, guess I'll just have to chill instead today Wink

What plans have everyone else got for this fine day?
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 20 May 2012, 9:30 am

Well for me it's payback time for all the relaxing I've done recently ....... washing, cleaning and ironing today and helping John with the Dandy roof cleaning. Rolling Eyes
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Sun 20 May 2012, 9:52 am

Me, i'm having a knitting lesson, in my quest to learn something new everyday, it's keeps life interesing. Then i'm cleaning out pets and making the Dandy 6 volt so the lights work with the classic car for our few cheap nights away. I'm also packing our clothes, that won't take long, lol.

Later I will tell the story of my unexpected 2 hour drive I had last night, what a weird sequence of events that was, it is nearly unbelievable if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes. Shocked
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Sun 20 May 2012, 9:59 am

ooh Cazz did you get abducted by aliens Shocked

lol!
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Sun 20 May 2012, 10:03 am

Knowing Cazz, she probably abducted the Aliens!!!! The twitter thread - Page 22 3462454224 The twitter thread - Page 22 3462454224
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Sun 20 May 2012, 3:21 pm

We've had chickens in a area before too, the dog was very surprised at seeing them, but luckily didn't chase them, it was excellent and made our day. Rolling Eyes

We've also had a hedgehog in our tent in 2007, before we used the Dandy with the classic. We never did get a ground sheet for the living area. Rolling Eyes

Do we need a thread about surprise camping visitors? Aliens included. lol! Thanks Mr and Mrs Phoenix, As Mike said to me, I knew there is a reason why I don't like you. The twitter thread - Page 22 3462454224
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Sun 20 May 2012, 3:54 pm

My mad sequence of events and unexpected two hour drive. Sorry Mr Itch, I've stolen your short hand style. lol!

The car wouldn't start for OH when he was leaving for work yesterday morning, so we jumped it off the camper and away he went. When he left work it needed jumping off his bosses car, all very annoying because it's just had the alternator repaired, clearly the battery needs a good long charge as it's running on empty.

OH was dropping his work colleague off after work when suddenly the car died as he was just leaving a roundabout, luckily he managed to get into the edge safely, then rang me to come and jump it again. No problem, you're only 15 mins away, I'll be there very soon, or so I thought. Approaching one of the two bridges to get across the river and out of town, I could see the police had closed it, rats I thought, that's a pain, the other bridge is going to be crazy with traffic to get to.

As I drove past the bottom of the closed bridge on the one way bit in order to go back, I could see there was an air ambulance on it, I've never seen that before there, I've also never seen that bridge so empty of all traffic. So i had no choice but to make my way across town to the other bridge, 50mins after leaving home, I arrived to where OH was with our newest car, lol. We tried to jump it, no joy, it was as if it had no fuel. The fuel gauge hasn't worked for over two years, probably nearer three, but it's never been a problem before, we fill it up when the trip counter says 600 miles, it was only saying 510, another 90 miles we thought. Anyway I went to a fuel station to get a can and fuel to go in the can, I also put a gallon in the van as that is also running below the red, and made my way back to the car. Put the fuel in, it wouldn't start, it needed jumping again. I'm so pleased the campers battery is in the back and the cars battery is in the front, it made it really easy to get near to each others battery's. Anyway got it jumped and away it went. cheers The lad that had the lift could have walked quicker, but as hes nice he didn't want to leave OH.

Dropped him off, then of course we had to re join the traffic on the way home as the bridge was still shut, so just over two hours after he finished work and rang me, we arrived home. What a mad sequence of events!!!

Car not starting - repeatedly, air ambulance on bridge, no fuel - for the first time ever and too long waits in very awful traffic and a lift that took twice as long as walking. scratch

We can only conclude that the fuel has either been nicked, or when the alternator was repaired, the garage left it running for ages to charge the battery, which doesn't explain why it still won't start. But what can you do except for laugh about it all, it things like this that are stories to recall later on in life, and to give you all a good laugh. lol!

Just found out why the bridge was shut. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Sun 20 May 2012, 11:09 pm

We have just put a couple of posts on the 3 words thread and thought we would put on an explanation. Mr P has had to shave Mrs P's hair off tonight as she started a course of chemotherapy last week and is going to lose it. It was quite a hard thing to do as those of you who have met us will know Mrs P's hair was so long she could sit on it. It is a small price to pay though. Woodhall Spa is the first thing we have ever booked for months in advance but it is now looking doubtful we will be able to attend due to timing and appointments, we are gutted. We will come out of this corner fighting and will be up for being there next year.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 21 May 2012, 12:20 am

I'm sure I can speak for everyone when I say that we all understand why you won't be attending Woodhall and that we all send our best wishes to Mrs P for a full recovery, looking forward to seeing you both next time around.

thinking of you

Helen x
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Mon 21 May 2012, 2:53 am

Helen wrote:I'm sure I can speak for everyone when I say that we all understand why you won't be attending Woodhall and that we all send our best wishes to Mrs P for a full recovery, looking forward to seeing you both next time around.

thinking of you

Helen x

Totally agree, keep strong, thinking of you. See you both soon. The twitter thread - Page 22 1468157981
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Mon 21 May 2012, 7:14 am

I agree, hope all goes well and that Mrs P makes a full recovery

stay strong

The twitter thread - Page 22 1468157981 The twitter thread - Page 22 1468157981
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 21 May 2012, 11:53 am

Phoenix wrote:We have just put a couple of posts on the 3 words thread and thought we would put on an explanation. Mr P has had to shave Mrs P's hair off tonight as she started a course of chemotherapy last week and is going to lose it. It was quite a hard thing to do as those of you who have met us will know Mrs P's hair was so long she could sit on it. It is a small price to pay though. Woodhall Spa is the first thing we have ever booked for months in advance but it is now looking doubtful we will be able to attend due to timing and appointments, we are gutted. We will come out of this corner fighting and will be up for being there next year.

I me a bit of a one for the glib remark but time to be serious now and say we hope every thing works out well for you both,i have been through the supporting a loved one in this situation and it will be very draining on both of you but the reward is worth it,hang on in and keep fighting.
    Will be thinking of you
    Nancy and Mike
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Tue 22 May 2012, 12:13 am

The twitter thread - Page 22 1468157981 The twitter thread - Page 22 1468157981 The twitter thread - Page 22 1468157981 to mr & mrs P love and healing thoughts are with you at this trying times and CAKE The twitter thread - Page 22 1593551164 The twitter thread - Page 22 1468157981 The twitter thread - Page 22 1468157981 The twitter thread - Page 22 1468157981
    ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK Thu 24 May 2012, 8:48 pm

Wow im so far behind on all the threads, must be working too hard
    ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK Mon 28 May 2012, 2:05 pm

Oh no look at the weather!

I decide not to book anywhere for the weekend and it's lovely!

Anyone know of any sites with any spaces anywhere? Lol
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 28 May 2012, 3:02 pm

The majority are booked up at the moment but if you don't need electric I know a site that you just go and pitch as there are no marked pitches ....... it is in Wales though and can get very busy and crowded.
    ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK Mon 28 May 2012, 10:31 pm

Thanks Helen,

I have managed to find a small site with hardstanding, EHU and it delivers meals to your pitch.

£42 for Fri - Mon

It is on the east coast near the wash just outside Boston.

Lets see if its lucky find number 3

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 28 May 2012, 10:41 pm

That looks lovely Shaun, great price too and meals delivered........... you'll think your on your holidays lol!
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Fri 01 Jun 2012, 12:06 am

A rummage through the garage today proved interesting, we found another utility tent in light grey along with plenty of windbreaks the same as our blue ones (you can never have too many windbreaks)and lots of other useful stuff. We are going to take the tents away with us one by one to photograph and then sell on and then start on the other stuff once they are out of the way ....... we WILL reclaim the garage for the Dandy before winter Twisted Evil

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 5:50 pm