Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+3
Eilis
Helen
chris1429
7 posters

Which is the best Dandy to buy ?

chris1429

Which is the best Dandy to buy ? Empty Which is the best Dandy to buy ?

Post by chris1429 Wed 04 Jan 2012, 3:03 pm

Hi I am new to Dandy's, having just had my caravan sent to the scrapyard in the sky. I want to get something easier to store. I am a small women camping on my own with two dogs. So I need to know which Dandy would be best to go for any advice would be welcome. Which is the best Dandy to buy ? 143088812

Many thanks Chris
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Which is the best Dandy to buy ? Empty Re: Which is the best Dandy to buy ?

Post by Helen Wed 04 Jan 2012, 3:10 pm

I would probably say the smaller the better for erecting on your own so perhaps a Dandy 4, Dart or Delta and if you can find one with gas struts even better they can be fitted to the smaller range of Dandy's but it can be a bit expensive.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Welcome to the forum Chris and bear in mind that if you can get to a meet there will be plenty of help with erecting your Dandy.

Which is the best Dandy to buy ? 1217042266
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Wed 04 Jan 2012, 3:15 pm

welcome Chris

here's hoping you find the right dandy for you

Which is the best Dandy to buy ? 936075699
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Wed 04 Jan 2012, 3:32 pm

Chris welcome to the forum,i tend to agree with helen one of the smaller ones would suit your needs,i wouldn't worry about getting an awning as from your description i would think you may struggle erecting it,bed struts would be easier but its more a case of getting used to the movement to lift the beds.
    The main area of anxiety with new owners is in my opinion securing the first wall whilst attending to the erecting of the second wall,every thing else is easily done by one person even if it meens a few walks around the dandy.
    Opening the door and fixing it back is the preferred method of holding the first wall up you can then step inside and raise the second wall by lifting a little and then slipping a roof bar in,when at full height the other end of the roof bar is fitted onto the door wall and then its a fairly easy step by step process.
    If you care to give an idea of your location when your ready we may have a member close enough to see you through the first few attempts at erecting,but please feel free to ask any questions you like.

mike
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Wed 04 Jan 2012, 4:02 pm

oops i see your location is given sorry Very Happy
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Wed 04 Jan 2012, 7:21 pm

Hi Chris, Which is the best Dandy to buy ? 1217042266 to the forum. All the thoughts I had regards your question have been mentioned already. So I will just wish you good luck in your search. Which is the best Dandy to buy ? 1066248140
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Wed 04 Jan 2012, 8:24 pm

hi chris and Which is the best Dandy to buy ? 1217042266
    good luck finding your perfect dandy
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 04 Jan 2012, 9:54 pm

My advice would be to see as many as possible.
    If you come over to the other side of the pennines [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] have a fair selection and are the undoubted experts. They only refurbish or repair Dandys nowadays but still their spiritual home.
    If you fancy getting up and travelling out a few miles on Sunday the 22nd I will be packing up after camping [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] As I'm providing accommodation for friends both my light blue Designer and my 60's or 70's Green 4 will be out. (just bought the newer one not got a strange fetish for them)
    I would have to know a lot about you to decide what you might prefer.
    How your requirements stack affects your choices.
    We don't know how much knowledge of Dandys you have and upon seeing and playing with one you might decide they're not your cup of tea or just review your preconceptions.
    I think everyone on here is open enough to be happier with you buying something else rather than see you unhappy with a Dandy.
    chris1429

Post by chris1429 Thu 05 Jan 2012, 10:49 am

Hi Tow Itch, I would love to take you up on your offer to see your Dandy's if you could let me know what time would be best to arrive. Never heard of How Stean Gorge so dont know how long it will take to get there.

I only know what I have read about Dandy trailer tents and had thought I would have to have the gas struts fitted. Having had a caravan for the last 13 years I like the idea of having a door I can lock and the fact that the Dandy can be put away wet with out fear of rotting although I assume that you would open it up and dry it off at the first opportunity.
    It is difficult to know what would be the best alternative for the caravan. bounce

Many thanks for all your help and advice.

Chris
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Thu 05 Jan 2012, 11:53 am

chris1429 wrote:Hi Tow Itch, I would love to take you up on your offer to see your Dandy's if you could let me know what time would be best to arrive. Never heard of How Stean Gorge so dont know how long it will take to get there.

I only know what I have read about Dandy trailer tents and had thought I would have to have the gas struts fitted. Having had a caravan for the last 13 years I like the idea of having a door I can lock and the fact that the Dandy can be put away wet with out fear of rotting although I assume that you would open it up and dry it off at the first opportunity.
    It is difficult to know what would be the best alternative for the caravan. bounce

Many thanks for all your help and advice.

Chris

Chris some do open there's up if packed away wet but unless you have some unlikely mishap and the inside gets we there is no need to open it until you use it again.

mike

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 08 May 2024, 4:07 pm