Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+5
Owd Lad
Cazz
mike
Helen
249ccjames
9 posters

Dandy types?

naedoot
    naedoot

Dandy types? - Page 2 Empty Re: Dandy types?

Post by naedoot Sun 05 Feb 2012, 12:02 pm

you do know that having the 2 off them together is no guarantee that they will mate and make a 6 ?

lol!

plenty of pics of the progress needed

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 05 Feb 2012, 12:07 pm

It's all tucked up under the carport at the moment but when this bloody snow clears we will take more pictures and keep you updated.

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 05 Feb 2012, 12:58 pm

As we all know a quick look can let a bit of rust scale look like rot,when i sold my delta the young chap said the chassis didn't look good but his father went under with a screw driver and came out with the conclusion it was perfect only a bit of surface rust.
    The thing is at that price you cant loose out the awning has to be worth that and the whole unit three times that later in the year.
    The BBQ is on you if you sell oh and the beer

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 05 Feb 2012, 1:23 pm

I feel like we are starting a Dandy collection Laughing we are going to get the bits put right that need it, probably add a self build front box and then see how my dad feels about it then as at the moment he doesn't really want to camp anymore Sad If we can't convince him we may sell it on or just start our own museum Shocked
    249ccjames
    249ccjames

Post by 249ccjames Sun 05 Feb 2012, 2:25 pm

[url=[url=https://servimg.com/view/17249331/1][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Omdog and me are made up that the Oldham Dandy will be restored. Best of luck Helen.
    249ccjames
    249ccjames

Dandy types? - Page 2 Empty Dogs

Post by 249ccjames Sun 05 Feb 2012, 2:28 pm

Sorry if this is a dog free site. I didn't see any signs.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 05 Feb 2012, 3:06 pm

Thanks John,

It's a bit of welding new leg brackets on ........... then we can really play.

We have discovered it has a storm pole too, there is also full awning and full original fitting groundsheet. Under the seat there is lots of stuff including a halogen heater, leisure battery and mini compressor the carpet has an extra removable piece protecting the fitted one ....... the floor is solid and the tyres are in good condition. We have had it open and refolded it correctly so the roof is now on top of the bedboards and easy to get to for cleaning, there are no major marks nor rips or tears so it should scrub up nicely with cif. The awning also looks to be in good condition with all poles present and it has zip off sides too. The cover is not the original and is in nice condition too, just requires a scrub.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

We love dogs John. Very Happy

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 05 Feb 2012, 3:10 pm

Thats what i like to see a man doing as he is told,sorry enjoying himself lol!
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 05 Feb 2012, 3:13 pm

Dont'cha know my John loves erecting and putting away Dandy's Mike Very Happy
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 05 Feb 2012, 5:59 pm

The Dandy has been adopted and will be staying in the family, my dad is going to do the work but my son has taken a shine to this little Dandy and so once it's finished Daryl & Roxy will be keeping it, they want to keep it as original as possible so all work will be done sympathetically and I will post the pictures on a new thread once we start and progress.
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Sun 05 Feb 2012, 6:53 pm

Blimey, I'm not here for a day, and look what you get up to, lol!

Dandy types? - Page 2 1428739134 to Helen and John for rescuing Phoenix's relation, looking forward to following the progress. Dandy types? - Page 2 3498837457

And dogs are a big part of this forum, young, old, small, big, quirky or otherwise. Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 12:09 pm