Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

3 posters

Kevin's Holiday Plan's Dent Music & Beer / Goodwood Festival Of Speed

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Kevin's Holiday Plan's  Dent Music & Beer / Goodwood Festival Of Speed Empty Kevin's Holiday Plan's Dent Music & Beer / Goodwood Festival Of Speed

Post by Tow Itch Tue 07 Feb 2012, 1:12 am

Hello All

A bit non committal on the camping meets this year as I don't know what the year will bring.
    Having been poorly sick for a few years it looks like I'll be re joining the world of work, or possibly the world of abject poverty.
    Still might as well sort out one jaunt for summer.
    The Dent Music and Beer Festival is the weekend before The Goodwood Festival Of Speed.
    So we have [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 22nd to 24th of June.
    Then [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 28th June to 1st July.

If anyone fancies Dent I have to be realistic and admit you can't pre book for Mick's so if a few of you are interested Margaret's looks to be the most realistic option unless you can arrive on Thursday (or earlier)
    Goodwood: If your interested in Goodwood I'd like to know sooner rather than later. It looks horrendously expensive but it can be affordable. It cost us just short of £140.00 per person all in. That is 5 nights camping. 4 days of the festival. Food and drink (We came home with beer and threw food away at the end of the weekend) Fuel to and from the event from Manchester.
    The camping works out at £200 for a pitch, but the pitch is 9m X 7m 30' X Not Quite 24' easily enough to put two units on
    That's £10 per person per night, less than some sites. The electric is 10amp and if like us you have 6 coldboxes going it's worthwhile.
    Camping anywhere else isn't feasible, It takes too long to drive in and out.
    So we budgeted £10 per head per day for food and drink, where is the entry cost I hear you ask. Well entry would be £120 for the weekend but if you will give up 2Hrs per day (believe me a sit down for 2Hrs is welcome) Uncle Kevin will get you in for free.
    All that is required is to shake a bucket at an exit for a charity collection or take in & give out M/C helmets at the bike park helmet store.
    The facilities are superior to any other event I've ever been to the toilets, showers and dish wash areas are scrupriously clean.
    The campsite staff are helpful, not just contractors. They even have a very nice man who goes for a walk in the evening who doesn't want to spoil your fun but if your fun impinges on other peoples enjoyment he explains things to you. I've seen him do that twice in three years. People always end up seeing things his way.
    If you have kids under 13 they are free entry anyway. Please look at the Goodwood website or at my pictures from last year.
    The show itself is impossible to explain unless you have been before gobsmacked doesn't even cover it.
    I've only ever seen a couple of drivers with minders. Drivers and riders are there a plenty, various models, Rowan Atkinson, Jay Kay I nearly walked slap bang into Jay Leno two years ago.
    Even the band serenading you whilst looking at the themed display of classics is
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] with the legendary Mel Collins playing with them.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I must confess I probably wouldn't do the Festival Of Speed again this year if it wasn't the week after Dent Music & Beer, I hope to manage the Revival later in the year.

Any Questions?

Anyone Up For Dent? +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Anyone Up For Goodwood?
    Cazz
    Cazz

Kevin's Holiday Plan's  Dent Music & Beer / Goodwood Festival Of Speed Empty Re: Kevin's Holiday Plan's Dent Music & Beer / Goodwood Festival Of Speed

Post by Cazz Tue 07 Feb 2012, 12:49 pm

Uncle Kevin, that is a very good offer, thank you. I'm assuming dogs aren't allowed to go, therefore unfortunately, as ours gets himself into an uncontrollable hysterical state when away from us for a few hours, we won't be able to join you. Crying or Very sad
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Kevin's Holiday Plan's  Dent Music & Beer / Goodwood Festival Of Speed Empty Re: Kevin's Holiday Plan's Dent Music & Beer / Goodwood Festival Of Speed

Post by Tow Itch Tue 07 Feb 2012, 1:40 pm

cazz wrote:Uncle Kevin, that is a very good offer, thank you. I'm assuming dogs aren't allowed to go, therefore unfortunately, as ours gets himself into an uncontrollable hysterical state when away from us for a few hours, we won't be able to join you. Crying or Very sad

Alas unless you can make the dog look like a guide dog or a hearing dog or any other form of registered assistance dog then it is a no no.
    I have now got a mental image of Wayne in glasses holding harness attached to dog, dog in pram and yourself pushing pram. I'd love to see it occur. "Bring Back Candid Camera".
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Tue 07 Feb 2012, 1:45 pm

Tow Itch wrote:Alas unless you can make the dog look like a guide dog or a hearing dog or any other form of registered assistance dog then it is a no no.
    I have now got a mental image of Wayne in glasses holding harness attached to dog, dog in pram and yourself pushing pram. I'd love to see it occur. "Bring Back Candid Camera".

lol! can you imagine the looks.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 11 Apr 2012, 8:35 am

Hi Kevin,

thought I would give this a bump up the list, if we can sort Bailey out we would like to go to the beer festival. Can't commit at the moment but should be able to give an answer in a couple of weeks if that's okay. We would go on the Wednesday or Thursday if we can come.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 11 Apr 2012, 12:59 pm

Helen wrote:Hi Kevin,

thought I would give this a bump up the list, if we can sort Bailey out we would like to go to the beer festival. Can't commit at the moment but should be able to give an answer in a couple of weeks if that's okay. We would go on the Wednesday or Thursday if we can come.

You would be more than welcome I need to do some work on this within a week or so. I'd normally use Conder Farm but there is no booking and I have a mate who is not best bright (as in well, nothing wrong with the IQ level) he definitely needs an EHU. So I'll have to sort that. Wednesday would be good I think people are camped on top of each other by Fri unless you have sorted your space.
    If you were on site by Wednesday/Thursday how would you feel about getting roped into helping to set up? No not my Dandy I'm not that idle. Help with the festival set up? I know they are always looking for volunteers. I appreciate you may not be up for marquee erecting Helen but they will no doubt take whatever you can offer. If you would have other plans or want to leave it to see how you feel at the time that's fine I'm not obligating anyone it's just they need help and it could be fun.
    If I haven't said it enough already or I forget to say it again: If you are towing and don't know Dent only enter the village from Sedbergh or the other end of the same road.i.e. Off the B6255 at Newby Head Gate and under the railway line just past Ribblehead. There are plenty of other roads but I wouldn't want my first meeting with someone to be after they had tried to tow down one of them.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 11 Apr 2012, 2:26 pm

We once drove through Dent with the Dandy, our first visit to the lakes and it was a disaster. The roads were awful for towing and we couldn't find the site .......... we were so lost and it was so late we drove home again and went to Wales the day after. I can't give an answer yet Kevin as the dog is ill and we'll have to wait and see what's up before we decide, hopefully we should find out soon plus I think I'm due to go in hospital for my jabs around the end of May so will have to find out first because I could be mixed up and it may be June Very Happy .

we're happy to go without EHU Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 1:48 am