Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+2
mike
selkie
6 posters

Music and beer festival

selkie

Music and beer festival Empty Music and beer festival

Post by selkie Fri 03 Feb 2012, 6:19 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    A great music and beer festival Very Happy
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Music and beer festival Empty Re: Music and beer festival

Post by mike Fri 03 Feb 2012, 6:22 pm

Never been to a beer festival,mind you i only had four pints last year affraid
    selkie

Music and beer festival Empty Music and beer festival

Post by selkie Fri 03 Feb 2012, 7:15 pm

LOL Mike, I don't think I had four pints last year either, thankfully it's not compulsory! It's a small festival with a lovely atmostphere and good music, set in the Yorkshire dales Very Happy
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sat 04 Feb 2012, 1:02 am

Selkie

Where do you stay? No money left over for beer if you camp at Margaret's. My colours are firmly nailed up.
    Oh but I gather it's a busy weekend.
    selkie

Music and beer festival Empty music and beer festival

Post by selkie Sat 04 Feb 2012, 7:58 pm

We stay at Margaret's ( High laning camp site) but there are a few in the area. High Laning is £18.50 for car , camper, awning and electric hook up. It is a busy weekend but it's only a small festival and good fun. I haven't stayed at conder farm but all the sites get filled up.The festival is popular and free. Very Happy
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 05 Feb 2012, 1:13 am

£4.00 per person per night. £4.00 for massive breakfast with unlimited tea or coffee at Mick's
    I'd have to confess to being a bit jaundiced about Margaret's.
    Used to stop there years back but someone I owe an awful lot to made a deal that was reneged upon.
    Got to know Mick and Wendy over the years and became very fond of them.
    I would always be careful of recommending Dent on a bank holiday because it's so crowded I don't think it's seen at it's best.
    Something like the festival would give another focus to the weekend and allow Dent to shine.
    If you have towed into Dent would you agree with me that you'd only advise a stranger to the area to tow in from Sedbergh or the far end of the same road where it comes in from B6255 under the railway line just before Ribblehead Viaduct.

Cazz, phoenix and Helen need to look up Jasper design in Dent.
    Can you have one meet on two separate sites in a village?
    selkie

Music and beer festival Empty Music and Beer Festival

Post by selkie Sun 05 Feb 2012, 10:16 am

Mick and Wendy's does sound delightful. I agree Dent is a wonderful dales village. I would not suggest anyone go to Dent for the scenery at beer festival time (which is not a bank holiday)I do recommend the beer festival if you like live music Very Happy
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Sun 05 Feb 2012, 11:30 am

Tow Itch wrote:

Have looked it up Mr Itch.

Are you saying our two would look fetching in matching tweed coats. lol!
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Sun 05 Feb 2012, 8:26 pm

Phoenix wrote:
    Tow Itch wrote:

lol!

Ours has a coat, he looks like a member of the dog squad in it. Smile
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 05 Feb 2012, 8:31 pm

Phoenix wrote:
    Tow Itch wrote:

I suspect it was of more interest To Cazz whose dog has a coat. Helen who likes to dress up her dog in silly things (esp at Christmas)
    I didn't want your fidos to feel left out.

What's the dog squad?
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Sun 05 Feb 2012, 8:38 pm

Tow Itch wrote:What's the dog squad?

I guess it's our name for his own police force, or he could be described as the bomb squad. bom

When did you see his coat, was it at Christmas? I can't remember. Embarassed
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Sun 05 Feb 2012, 8:58 pm

Mrs Phoenix did buy our two coats because they feel the cold. Can they join your Dog Squad Cazz.

They would probably look like the Mafia. Shocked

A long time ago in the mid 90's when on a camping trip in Phoenix. My first GSD a short haired one decided to go for a swim in the near by stream. Later we could hear a noise but didn't know what it was. The poor old boys teeth were chattering. affraid
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Sun 05 Feb 2012, 9:16 pm

Phoenix wrote:Mrs Phoenix did buy our two coats because they feel the cold. Can they join your Dog Squad Cazz.

They would probably look like the Mafia. Shocked

A long time ago in the mid 90's when on a camping trip in Phoenix. My first GSD a short haired one decided to go for a swim in the near by stream. Later we could hear a noise but didn't know what it was. The poor old boys teeth were chattering. affraid

They can, ours says he will not feel so stupid now. Rolling Eyes The Mafia, lol!

Ours gets chattering teeth quite often, and all over body trembles, he cracks us up, oh I mean, poor lad. Laughing
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Tue 07 Feb 2012, 1:16 am

If you're thinking about the Music And Beer Festival, what are you doing the following weekend?

selkie

Music and beer festival Empty Re Music and beer festival

Post by selkie Tue 07 Feb 2012, 1:45 pm

We are going to Dent music and beer festival again this year, already booked our pitch at Margaret's and looking forward to it Very Happy
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Tue 19 Jun 2012, 1:04 pm

Quick trip out of Dent. No signal of any form, bar for Vodafone.

Early erect of of tents for those arriving Friday.
    I did stay last night. Not there tonight but there for rest of week.
    I will post more photos as the site fills up.

Give us a shout when you get there Selkie.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 27 Jun 2012, 9:06 am

A bit of a mixed up weekend. I wasn't feeling so bright and failed to add photos of new campers as they arrived. I especially regret not taking a photo of the tent pitched next to me. We went to Kendal Thursday afternoon and my mate said "You Realise We'll Get Back And Someone Will Have Pitched Where The Car Was Parked." Do I attract nutters or what? These geniuses had improved on my last personal best on people who want to camp up my rectum contest. They had got part of their tent on top of the peg for the storm strap. See how far out that was.

It was the proper storm strap that they camped on the second one in but as can be seen I have a photo with my car to the side. This is because the campers left Saturday AM. I thought that it might be after a few of us had drinks and music on Friday night. However I reconsidered this later so I was left thinking it was because it got a bit wet and blowy on Friday. It appears Selkie did not turn up, this might have been just as well as these are some pictures of the site he was going to use after the river bust it's banks on Friday:

All we had to contend with a Conder Farm was the odd tent collapsing in the wind. Yes I'd put a storm strap up but beyond that after January's camp and it's truly horrendous gales I never gave the wind a second thought.

By Saturday I'd really started to feel a bit queasy so ended up in bed by 8.30PM. Alas it was my own bed. As the night wore on I began to realise the previous nights revelry was not likely to have upset the neighbours if they had been before. Saturday nights "Artists'" party went on till some time after 04.00. This is not a good weekend for the early to bed.

What I learned on this camp

Monday.

If you want to light your Tilley Lamp but are without meths to pre heat.
    The alcohol based hand sanitiser left from the previous owner will suffice.

Thursday.
    The Potato Masher
    The potato masher was the name given to the German grenade of the Second World War. If I had, had one of these on Thursday I'd have probably used it to mash the spuds. Alas we possessed no potato masher of any form and the perfect complement to liver and onions was mash not boiled spuds. After much deliberation I decided to use the large copper mallet I had as a peg mallet. Poo pooing food hygene issues I explained that being a copper mallet copper has wonderful anti bacterial properties. It was explained that while copper may be anti bacterial the crud on the mallet wasn't. So the mallet was cleaned and boiled for five minutes before use and an excellent potato masher it did make.
    Hang on wasn't it from Friday onwards I began to feel ill..................

Silicone spray

If any of you have purchased silicone spray to ease zips and to allow the roof to slide over the poles more easily you may have wondered about other uses.
    By Friday rain had reached biblical proportions. I'd not brought any waterproof over trousers with me. Any trip outside the confines of the dandy resulted in sodden trousers through both direct rain and the run off from your coat.
    Taking a pair of cheap jeans I did spray them liberally with silicone spray and then rubbed the fabric together to aid absorption. A second spray and rub then followed. Well either the rain had lessened or the silicone worked perfectly. So I also used it on a fabric sun hat to waterproof that and that too was a success.

Last edited by Tow Itch on Wed 27 Jun 2012, 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 27 Jun 2012, 9:14 am

So annoying when some plonker pitches on top of you, the river bursting it's banks looks horrendous for the people camping there. Sorry to hear you didn't feel well Sad

Some ingenious ideas came out of it all though - hand sanitiser - mallet masher - waterproofing, and fantastic photo's Kevin Music and beer festival 184121345

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 2:33 am