Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+3
Esermalda
Helen
Endecay
7 posters

Dandies v Tallies...

Endecay
    Endecay

Dandies v Tallies... Empty Dandies v Tallies...

Post by Endecay Tue 21 Feb 2012, 10:51 pm

Following on from the debate on the Destiny for sale thread about length of beds wifey and I need some help. Dandies v Tallies... 143088812

We've only ever seen one Dandy - an all white model that I think was a Delta and as I recall when I lay down in it the beds were long enough.

Here's the rub. I'm 6'4" and wifey is 6'1.5" so bed length is important. To clarify our searching is there anyone who would be able to let us visit their Dandy put up.

The Dart is not necessary as it's overall a bit cramped for us all (we have 2 growing little uns so seperate beds and diagonal sleeping is out).
    Also, less interested in the type with a side entry door but if the bed were big enough then we could reconsider our limited search range.

We are in Birmingham so nearby would be most preferable to have a shufti.

PM me to arrange with us a possible viewing.

If bed length does turn out to be a major issue, then it's back to a hunt for a Camp-let...
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Dandies v Tallies... Empty Re: Dandies v Tallies...

Post by Helen Wed 22 Feb 2012, 8:46 am

You would be welcome to come and look at ours but we're no where near Birmingham Smile

Would it be worth a day out to Ian (riva/dandy) at Wigan, I know it's quite a drive but at least he has lots of different dandys set up at once so you could try a few rather than just one, it may give you more options for your Dandy hunt.
    Esermalda
    Esermalda

Post by Esermalda Wed 22 Feb 2012, 9:08 am

Hi all, When we looked at our dandy recently, Mark who is 6ft 3in was happy with the bed length in that they are the length of the trailer body, the width of the trailer determines whether the bed is wide enough, maybe for one adult and one child each side. I am more perplexed with the notion that a person over 6ft tall is going to cook in a trailer that at most is 6ft high.
    Mark at 6ft+ cant stand upright in the delta, therefore I get to be head cook and bottle washer. We hope he can stand up in the awning but not had this up yet.
    Essie
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 22 Feb 2012, 9:38 am

To dot i's and cross t's: The bed lengths as against, the trailer length are given in the plan's contained within the 1991 Brochure. Rear end door Dandys 6'4", Destiny (lowside) 6'1". So that still leaves later Destinys to confirm.
    It was the Pennine (inc Conway) campers I said had long beds not sure about any thing else.
    Similar to Helen as in you would be welcome to look but I live within 10 miles of Riva Leisure.
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Wed 22 Feb 2012, 8:51 pm

We live in Burton-upon-Trent, you are more than welcome to come and see our Dandy 5.
    Krist0n
    Krist0n

Post by Krist0n Wed 22 Feb 2012, 9:02 pm

We have the Destiny, which is the newer 6.
    The beds measure about 6'3" long, but with a couple of inches more before you touch the pvc walls.

There are 3 double beds in total. One at one end, and 2 at the other. The beds at the "2 bed end" turn into sofas. When these are both made into beds, it would be possible to sleep the other way round, giving you a length of 7'8", and a width of 6'3". More than enough room.

The head height at the highest point, which is where the cooker and sink is, is about 7' if I remember, and the roof doesn't go down to 6' until you're stood next to the beds, in which case you are either getting into/onto the bed, or sitting down on the sofa, so height really isn't a problem.

I think a trip to Ian at Riva Dandy is the best thing you can do, but don't look at the prices there lol. He does sell a lot for other people, so a deal could possibly be had.

Good luck and happy hunting.
    Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

Post by Nick Thu 23 Feb 2012, 11:09 pm

the Destiny and Dimension i think has a slightly longer beds as the trailer is nearly 7ft wide externally.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 17 May 2024, 7:00 am