Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+7
vickoir
Nick
Lol and Steve
mike
Helen
Eilis
carl
11 posters

out with the old ready for the new

carl
    carl

out with the old ready for the new  Empty out with the old ready for the new

Post by carl Thu 16 Jun 2011, 6:47 pm

well last nigh with it being such a nice evening i opened my dandy i decided to rip out the carpet what a job
    Its now down to bare wood and all looks solid with no soft spots so i am now ready for replacing the carpet with lino vinyl this will be easy to keep clean when spending nights on muddy campsites
    While i had the carpet out i cleaned all the floor air vents and the vents for the fridge
    while i was messing taking the units out i inspected the 240v wiring and not very happy with it so i am going to rewire the full lot affraid
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

out with the old ready for the new  Empty Re: out with the old ready for the new

Post by Eilis Thu 16 Jun 2011, 6:50 pm

well you certainly sound like you know what you're doing, some pics would be great to show others how it's done if that's ok? I love you
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

out with the old ready for the new  Empty Re: out with the old ready for the new

Post by Helen Thu 16 Jun 2011, 6:54 pm

I would love to get the carpet out of ours but it seems stuck solid and it looks like a big job to me.

Please tell me how you got the carpet out. bounce
    carl
    carl

Post by carl Thu 16 Jun 2011, 6:54 pm

will sort some pics out
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Thu 16 Jun 2011, 6:57 pm

i'd love to see those too as i have a kind of lino and carpet mix but there is a square of something near the door too and the lino and square seems firmly stuck down although the carpet bit comes out

i have a 4/5 with the storage box taken out and the carpet is where that box used to be

i also want to spruce up the sink and cooker unit as it looks a bit old
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Thu 16 Jun 2011, 6:59 pm

carl wrote:will sort some pics out

That would be great Carl, i dont mind saying in the open that as a new dandy forum all the info like that would be really appreciated.

mike
    carl
    carl

Post by carl Thu 16 Jun 2011, 7:00 pm

helen wrote:I would love to get the carpet out of ours but it seems stuck solid and it looks like a big job to me.

Please tell me how you got the carpet out. bounce
    it take a little patience and time as you have to take all the cupboards out
    this is not easy as they attach to the inner skin from the outside
    i took all the screws out and gently prised it away from the wall when i replace them i will re-fasten them with some small brackets
    you could cut round the seats and cupboards but i wanted to put the lino under and in the cupboards
    carl
    carl

Post by carl Thu 16 Jun 2011, 7:01 pm

mike wrote:

That would be great Carl, i dont mind saying in the open that as a new dandy forum all the info like that would be really appreciated.

mike
    my next plan is to add hot water heater (just to make the wife feel at home)
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Thu 16 Jun 2011, 7:04 pm

carl wrote:
    mike wrote:

mike
    my next plan is to add hot water heater (just to make the wife feel at home)

If you post those details can you head it sorting the suspension dont want Nancy to read it Very Happy
    Lol and Steve
    Lol and Steve

Post by Lol and Steve Thu 16 Jun 2011, 7:13 pm

Isn't that what the kettles for.

lol!
    Lol and Steve
    Lol and Steve

Post by Lol and Steve Thu 16 Jun 2011, 7:19 pm

We have put a laminate flooring in two of our campers and it looked great and was very easy to keep clean, so long as your ok with a bit more weight cos the flooring is heavier than carpet.
    Once the carpet i have got in my destiny now is on it's way out i will be replacing it with the laminate cos it was brill.

lol!
    carl
    carl

Post by carl Thu 16 Jun 2011, 7:54 pm

Lol and Steve wrote:We have put a laminate flooring in two of our campers and it looked great and was very easy to keep clean, so long as your ok with a bit more weight cos the flooring is heavier than carpet.
    Once the carpet i have got in my destiny now is on it's way out i will be replacing it with the laminate cos it was brill.

lol!

Laminate is good but i work in the building trade and it is fitted to most of the new builds we do and i just get sick of looking at it
    Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

Post by Nick Thu 16 Jun 2011, 8:07 pm

lino or laminate flooring is great as its easy to keep clean,my only slight concern is if moisture should get trapped underneath,where as carpet will breath.The lino in our Dandy goes right under the kitchen,they must just lay it and build kitchen on top.We have a bead of silicone around the edge of the lino probably to keep water out.It great having the pop on carpet overlays as this keeps lino in good condition and also leaves nice feel under foot.Vickoir is the expert at making custom carpet overlays lol!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Thu 16 Jun 2011, 9:13 pm

good luck carl looking forward to seeing all your handy work Very Happy
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 16 Jun 2011, 9:17 pm

Me too, was the carpet glued down............ well I think I already know the answer to that but what I meant to say was it completely glued over the whole thing confused
    carl
    carl

Post by carl Thu 16 Jun 2011, 9:28 pm

helen wrote:Me too, was the carpet glued down............ well I think I already know the answer to that but what I meant to say was it completely glued over the whole thing confused

No i have not come across any glue there is very small staples that hold it around the edges
    i did realize that they must put the carpet in first then put the inside wall linings and then the furniture
    you can get it out without removing the cupboards if you tale all the screws out from the brackets that hold them down to the floor and cut round the inside with a Stanley knife it pulls out from under the cupboard
    if i get chance tomorrow eve i will take a few pics
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 16 Jun 2011, 9:36 pm

Thanks, you could start a replacing the carpet thread (topic) and put the pics there so everyone thinking of doing this will be able to take a look. Very Happy
    Lol and Steve
    Lol and Steve

Post by Lol and Steve Fri 17 Jun 2011, 12:02 am

I see what you mean Carl,
    If you are working with the stuff all day, every day you would get sick of the sight of it.

lol!
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Fri 17 Jun 2011, 10:10 pm

Carl,
    have you managed to do any work to your floor?
    carl
    carl

Post by carl Fri 17 Jun 2011, 10:20 pm

vickoir wrote:Carl,
    have you managed to do any work to your floor?
    just started a new topic with pics
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Mon 20 Feb 2012, 12:25 am

had a nose on the Riva Dandy site and had a peek at the new destiny the question I have
    think that is the same size as mine so can I fit the same features that they have got i.e wc/wash basin . I noticed that its high sided than mine . they seamed to fit allot more in the new ones than I have so would like to have a nose in a new version and see the placing of the fixtures any one have the new version that are willing to put pictures of their insides Question out with the old ready for the new  115684958 out with the old ready for the new  115684958
    fearful wizard

Post by fearful wizard Mon 20 Feb 2012, 3:07 pm

I have just removed the carpet from my discovery took quite a while.
    Yep held down around edge by sma;; staples and four screws around gas heater.
    and glued to the side of the wheel arch and across the top.
    Managed to get it out nearly as one piece to use as a pattern
    Will post a ic but not sure how to. Pete.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 20 Feb 2012, 4:31 pm

fearful wizard wrote:I have just removed the carpet from my discovery took quite a while.
    Yep held down around edge by sma;; staples and four screws around gas heater.
    and glued to the side of the wheel arch and across the top.
    Managed to get it out nearly as one piece to use as a pattern
    Will post a ic but not sure how to. Pete.

Pete instructions on picture posting [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    fearful wizard

Post by fearful wizard Mon 20 Feb 2012, 7:24 pm

Thanks mike
    fearful wizard

Post by fearful wizard Wed 22 Feb 2012, 6:54 pm

When i took the carpet up water had been getting in, need to fix before fitting new carpet

Old carpet to use as pattern.

Getting there going to cover upholstery next. Pete Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 12:50 pm