Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

4 posters

Ready for a Dandy now

navver

Ready for a Dandy now Empty Ready for a Dandy now

Post by navver Wed 17 Apr 2013, 9:17 pm

The caravan was sold today after only 2 days on preloved. Good site that for selling, much better than ebay. The ad was completely free and reaches a good audience. I really don't like the idea of buying something big from ebay having to go and look at it then wait to see if I've have won the auction then go and collect, perhaps from 200 miles away. I want to go and look at it, agree a price, pay it and bring it back home straight away.

So now we can look for a Dandy for just us two old dinks and little dog. Will be towing with a mondeo so no weight problems but will generally camp 175 miles away from home for 1 week at a time.

I am 90% sold on a designer as we want something cheap, light, small so easy to tow and store and easy to erect, possibly on my own if wifey isn't too well. A destiny would be ideal to live in but is a bit big to store and tow easily so I think it best to get a designer and wee how we get on. We can always upgrade later if necessary.

A few questions:

We do not want an awning, as it will spoil the view out, but would love a sun canopy and underbed skirt. If we got one with an awning and had zips fitted, would it make a good sun canopy. How would it be fixed to the frame to hold it down in high winds.

Where do you put the telly. Is the settee comfy enough to both sit on it with the telly on the table. The wheel arch does seem to be in the way a bit. In the caravan we tended to 'lounge' lengthways on a settee each as the seat backs were so low.
    Is there any way of mounting a flat screen telly on the wall, perhaps beside the door.

What do you do about an aerial. I have a small aerial with a short pole which used to clamp on the side of a caravan using the awning rail. Could I just lay it on the roof or suspend it inside, bearing in mind I'm 6'4" tall.

As we're down in Bristol most Dandies seem to be miles away, sigh!
    ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

Ready for a Dandy now Empty Re: Ready for a Dandy now

Post by ShaunJUK Wed 17 Apr 2013, 9:26 pm

Congratulations

I dont have a dandy awning yet but I have seen other members use storm straps over the awning to keep it down.

I have a 14" telly and probably quite extreme but I wall mount it on the back board.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I have a flat one4all aerial which we havent had problems with yet and usually tuck it n the roof bars or between the wall and pvc.

Hope this helps a bit, I am sure members with awnings will give there suggestions and I look forward to reading them too.

Shaun

navver wrote:The caravan was sold today after only 2 days on preloved. Good site that for selling, much better than ebay. The ad was completely free and reaches a good audience. I really don't like the idea of buying something big from ebay having to go and look at it then wait to see if I've have won the auction then go and collect, perhaps from 200 miles away. I want to go and look at it, agree a price, pay it and bring it back home straight away.

So now we can look for a Dandy for just us two old dinks and little dog. Will be towing with a mondeo so no weight problems but will generally camp 175 miles away from home for 1 week at a time.

I am 90% sold on a designer as we want something cheap, light, small so easy to tow and store and easy to erect, possibly on my own if wifey isn't too well. A destiny would be ideal to live in but is a bit big to store and tow easily so I think it best to get a designer and wee how we get on. We can always upgrade later if necessary.

A few questions:

We do not want an awning, as it will spoil the view out, but would love a sun canopy and underbed skirt. If we got one with an awning and had zips fitted, would it make a good sun canopy. How would it be fixed to the frame to hold it down in high winds.

Where do you put the telly. Is the settee comfy enough to both sit on it with the telly on the table. The wheel arch does seem to be in the way a bit. In the caravan we tended to 'lounge' lengthways on a settee each as the seat backs were so low.
    Is there any way of mounting a flat screen telly on the wall, perhaps beside the door.

What do you do about an aerial. I have a small aerial with a short pole which used to clamp on the side of a caravan using the awning rail. Could I just lay it on the roof or suspend it inside, bearing in mind I'm 6'4" tall.

As we're down in Bristol most Dandies seem to be miles away, sigh!
    ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK Wed 17 Apr 2013, 9:29 pm

Oh you said you have an aerial on a short pole, you could get some plastic pipe clips and screw them onto the outer wall and just push fit the pole onto it.

Something like this
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 17 Apr 2013, 9:33 pm

If you had zip out sides, the ropes would still be there to hold it in place as they're attached to the roof

tv space take a look at mine

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

our ariel has a magnetic bottom and works great, wish I could remember what type it is as it's small and compact plus the magnet works through the pvc so we stick it on the outside of the dandy

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 17 Apr 2013, 10:45 pm

I'm not the worlds biggest fan of ebay.

Turning awnings into sun canopies [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    navver

Post by navver Thu 18 Apr 2013, 10:44 pm

Are any interiors better for dog hairs than others. Such as dark blue or light blue models. Thinking particularly about the seat cushions and carpet. Only a little cavalier doggie, but they do have long hair. Somehow it just didn't stick in the caravan.

Does the cuttlery tray under the cooker in a new kitchen get too hot when the grille is on or is it just not a problem.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 18 Apr 2013, 10:51 pm

I changed to dark blue our dog has long dark hair, I have a rubber bristled brush that's fantastic for getting it off the carpet and use a soft hand brush on the seats. The colour wasn't because of hair though as we had a sable & white coloured Sheltie too when I changed it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 17 May 2024, 6:29 am