Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

5 posters

Dandy folding camper meals

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Dandy folding camper meals Empty Dandy folding camper meals

Post by mike Fri 30 Mar 2012, 2:02 pm

I mentioned these on another forum where one chap related them to army meals lol! so i left it alone,this company produces food vacuum packed so you can take it camping without the need to refrigerate,not tried there vacuum packed food but have had there frozen lamb shanks and they where great.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Dandy folding camper meals Empty Re: Dandy folding camper meals

Post by vickoir Fri 30 Mar 2012, 2:50 pm

mike wrote:I mentioned these on another forum where one chap related them to army meals lol! so i left it alone,this company produces food vacuum packed so you can take it camping without the need to refrigerate,not tried there vacuum packed food but have had there frozen lamb shanks and they where great.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

oh i used to really like ration packs all vacuum packed the breakfast in a bag was rather special as was the chocolate pudding in chocolate sauce yummy Dandy folding camper meals 3517506835
    Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

Post by Nick Fri 30 Mar 2012, 5:44 pm

they look like a good idea and reasonably priced,we don't have a microwave in the dandy. Very Happy

They list pies i cannot imagine those being too good as pastry goes soggy in a microwave.
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Fri 30 Mar 2012, 6:18 pm

they look yummy Dandy folding camper meals 3517506835
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Fri 30 Mar 2012, 6:29 pm

NickB wrote:they look like a good idea and reasonably priced,we don't have a microwave in the dandy. Very Happy

They list pies i cannot imagine those being too good as pastry goes soggy in a microwave.

With the exception of the pies (as they are not available yet) everything is also boil in the bag.

Click on menu then cooking instructions on the item.

So one pan for vegies and one for boil in bag stuff or one big pan for everything.

If second option bring to boil stuff it under your duvet go to pub come back to meal in 2 hours? This also pre warms bed for winter camping.

I'm not a good cook but I think part of the pleasure of being away in a group is communal cooking and adapting to cooking on camp.

I've never understood gas barbecues, why not use the grill?
    Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

Post by Nick Fri 30 Mar 2012, 6:43 pm

we opt for Pubs and takeaways well we are on our hols when camping i cannot be doing with cooking washing up and all that carry on.We sometimes have a bbq if we have been drinking and cannot get food delivered or drag our carcasses to a pub/restaurant.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 8:22 am