Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

3 posters

Folding a Dandy trailer tent/folding camper

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Folding a Dandy trailer tent/folding camper Empty Folding a Dandy trailer tent/folding camper

Post by Helen Mon 27 Jun 2011, 8:40 am

I have seen a Dandy packed away in a couple of different ways, when we first got ours we did it all as it should be but one very windy and wet day we were struggling and we ended up folding the roof in with the dandy rather than on top. It proved easier for us and eventually we used a cable tie over one of the roof buttons to keep the roof in place. The only thing we found was that it didn't fold flat, we used this method for years and it caused no damage to the roof.

We have now started folding it in the correct way as per Dandy's instructions and find that the roof ends up on the floor and gets mucky if its wet and windy, I have also noticed that my pvc side window (designer) has got marks from where it was sat on the back of the bed board when folded ........... It is perfectly flat but I decided to just fold in the bit of the roof with pvc window in with the bed to stop the window getting marked and it hasn't made that much difference to how flat the Dandy is when packed away. The rest I do as normal and fold onto the bed board.
    Keith
    Keith

Folding a Dandy trailer tent/folding camper Empty Re: Folding a Dandy trailer tent/folding camper

Post by Keith Mon 27 Jun 2011, 2:23 pm

When we collected our 6 the sellers did show us how to put it up but needless to say we forgot, so a week later when we tried we sort of got it right, little hints we picked via the forums like using guy lines from the roof hoops to the bedboards, using a centre roof bar to push up the main wall etc all help.

We have had the Dandy up and down about 8 times on the drive in front of the bungalow so we think we have got it right or at least in a way we manage but next week will be the first time we have used it in action.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Folding a Dandy trailer tent/folding camper Empty Re: Folding a Dandy trailer tent/folding camper

Post by Helen Mon 27 Jun 2011, 2:29 pm

That looks like a very clean Dandy Keith, we have put ours up and down lots of times now and John still stands scratching his head when we come to fold it away. Rolling Eyes
    Keith
    Keith

Post by Keith Mon 27 Jun 2011, 2:48 pm

It attracts a lot of attention from passers by when it's up I have had to stop what I was doing on a few occasions to explain what it is, as many people have never seen one in the flesh, I've even shown a couple of interested people inside and they were suprised how much room there is and how cool it was inside despite the heat on Sunday.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 27 Jun 2011, 2:51 pm

You can expect that on campsites too, lots of curiosity about when it comes to dandys Laughing
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 27 Jun 2011, 2:55 pm

Keith wrote:When we collected our 6 the sellers did show us how to put it up but needless to say we forgot, so a week later when we tried we sort of got it right, little hints we picked via the forums like using guy lines from the roof hoops to the bedboards, using a centre roof bar to push up the main wall etc all help.

We have had the Dandy up and down about 8 times on the drive in front of the bungalow so we think we have got it right or at least in a way we manage but next week will be the first time we have used it in action.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Something we started with our delta and continued with the six is to use some padding in certain places when folding away,if you look carefully at your six you may see some marks where the pinnacle of the front wall rests just above the kitchen wall,bounce when travelling can make the two touch we put a piece of foam in there,our roof ends up folded on one of the beds we put a large towel over the buttons first,just look for likely places,after all we wont get new pvc of the correct colour now.

mike
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Folding a Dandy trailer tent/folding camper Empty Folding our Dandy Designer

Post by Helen Thu 25 Aug 2011, 9:06 am

When packing away our designer we looked to see what was causing the two marks that have appeared on the bed side window, it is from the edge of the bars on the bottom of the bed board. We have now put two dry towels over the edge of the bed board covering the bars and edges that were marking the window before we folded the roof, this has created a soft padding that the window now sits on when it's all folded.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 5:37 am