Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

5 posters

Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper for hire

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper for hire Empty Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper for hire

Post by Helen Thu 12 Jan 2012, 10:58 am

This is an older orange Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper that you can hire but if you were wondering about Dandy's and how easy they are to use then it may be worth trying before you buy. Bear in mind that this is the simplest of Dandy's and there are lots of options when buying from insulation to underfloor heaters and they are available in many different sizes.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper for hire Empty Re: Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper for hire

Post by Tow Itch Thu 12 Jan 2012, 11:26 am

Damned if you do, damned if you don't one this.
    I don't know what he would want to charge bearing in mind it's money that could be spent on buying a cheap Dandy.
    Also it's been for sale or rent for so long I'd be wary. Especially as it's listed as a five and I think at best a 41/2 given the outboard wheels.
    If I was going to recommend someone to hire one from I'd plum for the guy in Stoke On Trent who does gas struts.
    He also does [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and I would guess he would be more professional. Then again possibly dearer.

The ideal people to do this would be Riva. Anyone know if they have ever done a hire before you buy?
    Then again that would be a top price purchase.
    As I said damned if you do damned if you don't.

Sorry missed the important bit out of this the people featured in the link hire out specially adapted Dandys to people who need wheelchair access. So if you have a friend or relative who would love the chance to camp, these are the people to speak to.
    Esermalda
    Esermalda

Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper for hire Empty Re: Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper for hire

Post by Esermalda Thu 12 Jan 2012, 12:06 pm

I have contacted this chap recently. I thought it would give my OH a better idea what a Dandy was.
    He has it "for sale or rent" but has no prices for either. He says its a trial only and has two because he upgraded to a delta last year.
    As I couldn't give him firm dates only vague weekend or one week in March, he didn't want to fix a price.
    I'm not sure what the rate for hiring is so will contact the rental chap Tow Itch suggests.
    Essie
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Thu 12 Jan 2012, 1:51 pm

Esermalda wrote:I have contacted this chap recently. I thought it would give my OH a better idea what a Dandy was.
    He has it "for sale or rent" but has no prices for either. He says its a trial only and has two because he upgraded to a delta last year.
    As I couldn't give him firm dates only vague weekend or one week in March, he didn't want to fix a price.
    I'm not sure what the rate for hiring is so will contact the rental chap Tow Itch suggests.
    Essie

Just remember what you hire may not be a patch on what you buy
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Fri 13 Jan 2012, 3:43 pm

Esermalda wrote:I have contacted this chap recently. I thought it would give my OH a better idea what a Dandy was.
    Essie

Curious (read as nosey)

Have you got any prices and details from the people in Stoke?
    Esermalda
    Esermalda

Post by Esermalda Fri 13 Jan 2012, 5:38 pm

Curious (read as nosey)

Have you got any prices and details from the people in Stoke? [/quote]
    yes, he replied very promptly and quoted £125 per week but seem to be booked up til March, I think.
    Essie
    Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

Post by Nick Fri 13 Jan 2012, 6:10 pm

there could be some good money in this hiring lark.Buy a really tidy dart/delta without heating but with electrics and full insulation,then rent it out all year round.In the winter months include a little electric heater as well.
    I would imagine you would need some kind of insurance although trailers are normally covered 3rd party by tow car.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Fri 13 Jan 2012, 10:14 pm

Esermalda wrote:
    Curious (read as nosey)

Have you got any prices and details from the people in Stoke?
    yes, he replied very promptly and quoted £125 per week but seem to be booked up til March, I think.
    Essie[/quote]

To be honest I was expecting more.
    Designer? Awning?
    Knocked the thread out of my intended argument.
    I was expecting £200+.
    The statement was that the Discovery in Bournemouth had to be worth a punt if you removed the cost of the rental.
    Still think it could sell for more in summer if it was found that the winterised one was so important but prepared argument a bit dead in the water.

Lifted the piece by Esermalda by way of the "Quote button" just underneath. Has this gone a bit wonky I'm looking at the [/quote] at the end and the latter part Esermalda's comment not being within the quote?
    Esermalda
    Esermalda

Post by Esermalda Sun 15 Jan 2012, 4:00 pm

Tow Itch, Thats what happened to my quote attempt as well and here I thought I had cracked it.
    The "discovery in Bournemouth". Went to view recently, It had not been opened in a while (maybe a year or two) It was in need of more TLC than I have the experience for. It was too wet for me follow the tips Mike gave,(took a copy with me)However, I recently saw that the price has gone up from £750 to £850.
    Essie
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 15 Jan 2012, 4:07 pm

Esermalda wrote:Tow Itch, Thats what happened to my quote attempt as well and here I thought I had cracked it.
    The "discovery in Bournemouth". Went to view recently, It had not been opened in a while (maybe a year or two) It was in need of more TLC than I have the experience for. It was too wet for me follow the tips Mike gave,(took a copy with me)However, I recently saw that the price has gone up from £750 to £850.
    Essie

Once they start coming on the market there will be plenty,

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 12 May 2024, 1:34 am