Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+4
Biker
Cazz
mike
Helen
8 posters

Dandy Lightweight interior decor board

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Dandy Lightweight interior decor board Empty Dandy Lightweight interior decor board

Post by Helen Sat 05 May 2012, 9:55 am

Just found this, they do the interior decor boarding in different widths and colours. If you want to make over the inside of your Dandy this would look great inside and replace any damaged or weary looking panels.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Dandy Lightweight interior decor board Empty Re: Dandy Lightweight interior decor board

Post by mike Sat 05 May 2012, 10:58 am

Think the solid walls on my 6 are done with that or something close
    Cazz
    Cazz

Dandy Lightweight interior decor board Empty Re: Dandy Lightweight interior decor board

Post by Cazz Sat 05 May 2012, 1:40 pm

That's a handy find, always worth book marking, thank you. Dandy Lightweight interior decor board 2170595768
    Biker
    Biker

Dandy Lightweight interior decor board Empty RE decor of iterior.

Post by Biker Wed 11 Jul 2012, 11:24 am

I have recently done a quick refurb of the kitchen units in our designer, and I used DC Fix which is like fablon but much thicker, and does not have so much trouble with air bubbles. It came out very well. Although I will be carrying out a complete refurb over the winter using the correct 3mm decorboard which I get from O'Learys at very reasonable cost £20-25 per 2400mmx1200mm (8x4) and costs only £20 to deliver up to 5 sheets. I then use the existing panels as patterns. Due to the way Dandy's are built you may have to be a bit brutal unless you are willing to remove the outer side panels to access the hidden screws. : Shocked
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Wed 11 Jul 2012, 6:44 pm

brill have ear marked it as my 6 needs total referb found out the left bed end the frame is twisted and split ??? but need this board
    ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK Wed 11 Jul 2012, 10:01 pm

I saw this the other day and thought I might rebuild my kitched
    Biker
    Biker

Post by Biker Tue 17 Jul 2012, 10:06 am

I thought maybe a photo of my finished kitchen may well be a good idea so-

Not a very good picture but gives an indication of the match to the original, although when I give it the full treatment the bed end boards and trailer inner will be done in a white pink blue mixture as on O'Learys site

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 19 Jul 2012, 10:48 am

Cupboards look brilliant ....... how did you get the bottom sliding doors out to do them ?
    Biker
    Biker

Post by Biker Fri 20 Jul 2012, 7:37 pm

I took the whole of the kitchen out and the two seats, covered the units and replaced them and riveted and screw where necessary.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Fri 20 Jul 2012, 8:18 pm

Thanks ....... I have been trying to fathom out for a while how you get the sliding doors out Laughing
    Biker
    Biker

Post by Biker Fri 20 Jul 2012, 8:45 pm

If you wish to remove the bottom cupboard doors without taking it all apart. First open one of the bottom cupboard doors and look behind there you will fond a vertical brace, lever this off mine was just pinned on. Now if you ease up the top of the unit in the center you can pull each door out separately by sliding it over the wider portion. Do not forget to replace the brace after you put the doors back in. Dandy Lightweight interior decor board 2170595768
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 21 Jul 2012, 1:42 pm

Brilliant tip thanks ..... really didn't fancy taking it all apart just to clean out the bottom of the sliders properly. They keep sticking and can be difficult to open Laughing
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sat 21 Jul 2012, 3:30 pm

Helen wrote:Brilliant tip thanks ..... really didn't fancy taking it all apart just to clean out the bottom of the sliders properly. They keep sticking and can be difficult to open Laughing

If you have cleaned most of the visible gunk out try rubbing a piece of candle in the groove. This was the method on old fashioned wooden draw runners in cupboards.
    fearful wizard

Post by fearful wizard Sat 21 Jul 2012, 5:44 pm

Or silicone spray. Pete Smile
    Biker
    Biker

Post by Biker Tue 24 Jul 2012, 9:31 am

This is a much better photo of our kitchen and I also made the table.
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Tue 24 Jul 2012, 4:59 pm

Dandy Lightweight interior decor board 2792229418 Dandy Lightweight interior decor board 2792229418 now you've do it Dandy Lightweight interior decor board 3462454224 I need a table for my 5 so how did you do that flower

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 4:45 am