Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

4 posters

How often do the inboard wheels Dart/4 come up for sale?

ChrisP
    ChrisP

How often do the inboard wheels Dart/4 come up for sale? Empty How often do the inboard wheels Dart/4 come up for sale?

Post by ChrisP Sat 26 May 2012, 2:02 pm

I am Halfway through downsizing....from the biggest right to the smallest. I am looking for a Dart/4. I used to put my Destiny in the garage, but with the Dart/4 I intend to widen the garage side door so that I can store it in my back garden. The only access wider than 3' to the garden is through the garage. Because of where the door is located in relation to supporting piers width is a big issue and even 6" difference is important. I could make a 5' opening, but 4'6" will require considerably less effort i.e. I will not have to move a pier.

Finally to the question.....how often do the versions with the inboard wheels appear for sale and what if any is the price premium for this feature.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

How often do the inboard wheels Dart/4 come up for sale? Empty Re: How often do the inboard wheels Dart/4 come up for sale?

Post by mike Sat 26 May 2012, 2:12 pm

ChrisP wrote:I am Halfway through downsizing....from the biggest right to the smallest. I am looking for a Dart/4. I used to put my Destiny in the garage, but with the Dart/4 I intend to widen the garage side door so that I can store it in my back garden. The only access wider than 3' to the garden is through the garage. Because of where the door is located in relation to supporting piers width is a big issue and even 6" difference is important. I could make a 5' opening, but 4'6" will require considerably less effort i.e. I will not have to move a pier.

Finally to the question.....how often do the versions with the inboard wheels appear for sale and what if any is the price premium for this feature.

I guess your looking for a late one if your moving down from a destiny the dark blue ones i cant say ive seen that many but the pale blue quiet a few.
    Not that there will be many if your looking for one lol!
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

How often do the inboard wheels Dart/4 come up for sale? Empty Re: How often do the inboard wheels Dart/4 come up for sale?

Post by Tow Itch Sat 26 May 2012, 2:42 pm

Chris

Nice to see you back, so your looking to stick with a Dandy I see.
    It's a long job so it's much better you do it than I. Why not look through all the Dandys for sale we have featured from 2011 and 2012.
    See how many are internal wheeled Darts? Unfortunately if we didn't list details the Preloved and Gumtree ads will be blank by now.
    I'd guess at two in just over a year of looking beyond 3 and I'd be amazed.
    Just to remind you that the 160cm listed is closer to 5'1".
    A gap of that size would allow you to choose between a Dart of either form and an internal wheeled Delta.
    If you get any bright Ideas about making a cart and flipping the Dart on it's side. It is done on lighter trailer tents but a loaded Dart is 1/2 a tonne. I occasionally give a friend a hand to move hot tubs. These rarely weigh more than 400Kg but if we need to flip one onto it's side and don't use an air bag then the flip is a 5 man+ job.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 26 May 2012, 2:49 pm

Two darts [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] but no pictures
    Esermalda
    Esermalda

Post by Esermalda Sat 26 May 2012, 8:02 pm

hi there,
    Rich, of stoke on trent gas struts fame, has had a couple of darts recently, I dont know if their wheels are inside or not,
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 27 May 2012, 6:28 am

This may have inboard wheels [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 5:32 pm