Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+3
Caz1960
MrsG
Helen
7 posters

They just don't make em like they used to

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

They just don't make em like they used to Empty They just don't make em like they used to

Post by Helen Sat 23 Jun 2012, 10:02 am

My mum has an old roasting tin that is older than me and it scrubs up like brand new every time, I bought one with a top chefs name on it and the extremely thin enamel layer is scratched and chipped already.

What else don't they make like they used to ?

Wagon Wheels used to be twice the size Smile
    MrsG
    MrsG

They just don't make em like they used to Empty Re: They just don't make em like they used to

Post by MrsG Sat 23 Jun 2012, 1:03 pm

Back in the day they cared about longevity Helen.....now its a throw away society and they expect you to buy another one Wink
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

They just don't make em like they used to Empty Re: They just don't make em like they used to

Post by Caz1960 Mon 25 Jun 2012, 1:14 am

flower Biscuit tins !!! the old ones kept all fresh for ages and pinged when children try'd to pinch them I should know as my gran knew when I was pinching They just don't make em like they used to 9639063 but even the plastic ones leave contents soggy affraid so once a packet is opened they must be consumed do not like waste They just don't make em like they used to 3462454224 They just don't make em like they used to 3462454224 They just don't make em like they used to 3462454224
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Fri 14 Sep 2012, 7:46 am

Wagon Wheels ........ used to be a lot bigger or was I a lot smaller scratch
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Fri 14 Sep 2012, 8:19 am

our biscuit tins were always old quality street tins etc but with 7 of us in the house they didn't have to keep stuff fresh for long lol

wagon wheels were def bigger before and so were snowballs, do you remember them?
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Fri 14 Sep 2012, 8:23 am

I love snowballs still .......... but yes they are smaller Rolling Eyes
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Fri 14 Sep 2012, 11:45 pm

twix is allot smaller the packet isn't then they fob us off with extra large
    Bovril is thinner more watery
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 23 Sep 2012, 5:32 pm

Caz1960 wrote:twix is allot smaller the packet isn't then they fob us off with extra large

Bovril comes in two forms.
    After repeated stays in hospital and finding I'd grown fond of Bovril I bought some and found I didn't like it. The stuff you get in a jar is different to the powdered stuff used in catering. Alas you can't buy powdered Bovril I did find a cheap tat shop with packs of three cups of Bovril to add water to. Deep Joy.

In the 60's Tesco at Goodwood revival.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Mon 24 Sep 2012, 10:13 pm

It's true, so much stuff now is designed not to last. Our most reliable car is nearly 50, our best cool box is nearly 50, one of our telescopes is nearly 40, the list goes on. Did they make computers in the 60's? Suspect
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Mon 24 Sep 2012, 10:14 pm

Tow Itch wrote:
    Caz1960 wrote:twix is allot smaller the packet isn't then they fob us off with extra large

Bovril comes in two forms.
    After repeated stays in hospital and finding I'd grown fond of Bovril I bought some and found I didn't like it. The stuff you get in a jar is different to the powdered stuff used in catering. Alas you can't buy powdered Bovril I did find a cheap tat shop with packs of three cups of Bovril to add water to. Deep Joy.

In the 60's Tesco at Goodwood revival.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Love this pic. They just don't make em like they used to 2170595768

Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Mon 24 Sep 2012, 11:07 pm

the older it is the longer it lasted but we are in a throw away time now and people don't understand when i moan I only had it 6mth the look of AND! you buy a new one ! They just don't make em like they used to 9639063 what's the problem I WANT IT TO LAST LONGER!!!!to save me monies
    ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK Mon 24 Sep 2012, 11:12 pm

Petrol Prices

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

they are definately not like they used to be!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024, 8:37 am