Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+4
Caz1960
Phoenix
abc5575
P6660
8 posters

Soon to be Dandy owner!

Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Soon to be Dandy owner! - Page 2 Empty Re: Soon to be Dandy owner!

Post by Phoenix Sat 28 Jul 2012, 9:28 pm

Phoenix is a baby 4 berth, we always put her window end down first. Very Happy

We are so glad you are pleased with Betty you will have lots of fun with her . bounce
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 29 Jul 2012, 5:26 am

10 - 15 min when you get the hang of it Very Happy
    P6660

Post by P6660 Sun 29 Jul 2012, 12:43 pm

How do those little legs hold up all the weight when you are in the beds?? Embarassed
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Sun 29 Jul 2012, 1:21 pm

The bed fairy. Soon to be Dandy owner! - Page 2 3462454224

You are not that heavy are you? lol!

When we first saw the thickness of the bed bases we were affraid too.

Mrs P made Mr P do the test run. lol!

Make sure you do your leg screws up tight, or they will drop and make you jump.

You will be OK if they hold us they will hold you. Laughing
    P6660

Post by P6660 Sun 29 Jul 2012, 1:25 pm

think mr will be on one bed and me on the other although we may end up see sawing! lol!
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 29 Jul 2012, 1:31 pm

P6660 wrote:How do those little legs hold up all the weight when you are in the beds?? Embarassed

Its completely safe the pvc roof would stop it dropping even if the legs slipped,you can erect it put the legs up and move it around and then drop the legs again,have had the odd leg slip when we used to share the same bed and where affraid affraid affraid affraid lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! but it only drops an inch or two,we dont do that any more Very Happy so the leg only slips occasionally just re tighten it in the morning.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 29 Jul 2012, 10:40 pm

My bed went clonk this time because my other half hadn't tightened it up properly affraid if it does it's only a bit and you don't end up collapsed on the grass outside, we've even towed our Dandy with the legs up ...... must do a video of that. Very Happy Must add we didn't tow it off site and only to another pitch ...... just for those imagining an erected Dandy going up the motorway lol!
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Mon 30 Jul 2012, 9:22 pm

Helen wrote:My bed went clonk this time because my other half hadn't tightened it up properly affraid if it does it's only a bit and you don't end up collapsed on the grass outside, we've even towed our Dandy with the legs up ...... must do a video of that. Very Happy Must add we didn't tow it off site and only to another pitch ...... just for those imagining an erected Dandy going up the motorway lol!

flower that would be impressive to see a Dandy careering down the motorway Soon to be Dandy owner! - Page 2 3462454224 Soon to be Dandy owner! - Page 2 3462454224
    abc5575

Post by abc5575 Mon 30 Jul 2012, 10:41 pm

We towed Desmond with legs up down the field when we were at Crimdon, as we had set him up in the wrong part of the field. " Pick up thy bed and walk" Soon to be Dandy owner! - Page 2 1705467399
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Mon 30 Jul 2012, 10:59 pm

Helen wrote:we've even towed our Dandy with the legs up ...... must do a video of that. Very Happy Must add we didn't tow it off site and only to another pitch ...... just for those imagining an erected Dandy going up the motorway lol!

Not very aerodynamic.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 31 Jul 2012, 9:09 am

No and very very wide for going around corners too so you have to be careful!

Next time we are out with the Dandy I'll try to remember to get it towed and video'd, you can move it by hand but it looks so funny seeing it towed when erected. It was towed a couple of weeks ago when the site flooded, the farmer thought I was nuts when I just lifted the legs and told him to hook it up as it was lol!
    P6660

Soon to be Dandy owner! - Page 2 Empty Bettys first trip out!

Post by P6660 Sun 12 Aug 2012, 3:49 pm

Well we had our first night in Betty last night, our 1960's vintage girl, it went quite well, it was very cosy, but still had terrible trouble trying to put her up, we are 'not getting it'! We also put the awning up to try that out, we got the frame up easily but were unsure how to put the canvas on - front to back, left to right?? oh dear! If anyone is camping local to us one weekend, (Clitheroe), and has an old girl like us we would love to watch how the professionals do it!
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Sun 12 Aug 2012, 4:48 pm

now that's a good challenge to post a video of each of the admin putting up their Dandies Soon to be Dandy owner! - Page 2 3462454224 Soon to be Dandy owner! - Page 2 3462454224 Soon to be Dandy owner! - Page 2 3462454224
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 12 Aug 2012, 5:34 pm

P6660 wrote:Well we had our first night in Betty last night, our 1960's vintage girl, it went quite well, it was very cosy, but still had terrible trouble trying to put her up, we are 'not getting it'! We also put the awning up to try that out, we got the frame up easily but were unsure how to put the canvas on - front to back, left to right?? oh dear! If anyone is camping local to us one weekend, (Clitheroe), and has an old girl like us we would love to watch how the professionals do it!

Have you watched the set up video?
    New and old ones are the same for the basic Dandy. Did you use the 4 pieces of string.
    The old Dandys are much easier to put the awnings up on.
    Though I'm not sure if: My awning came off a different Dandy. They had a hangover when aligning the press studs. All Dandys of that age are dodgy at aligning the press studs.
    Just throw the awning on from front to back. Tie the strings to the inner poles or on my green one I use bungies from the eylets on the end of the awning roof (I have eyelets on the bit of awning that acts as a flap inside the main Dandy) to pull the roof in a little bit. two shorter bungies and two longer ones clipped on the hinge of the u poles. Once the roof is secure internally roll out the roof align the press studs as best you can. zip up then peg down. Finally tying the cord in the Dandy roof channels off on the cleats to secure the roof. Use bungies or bits of guy line and bungie to tie the roof down at the back of the Dandy if using the awning or both front and back if not using the awning.
    No useful pictures in my Green Un pictures: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Where are you camping at Clitheroe. There is a fantasticly scenic pottering road down from Clapham Station (off A65 not London) to Clitheroe. You can see all the way over the tops to Heysham nuclear power station. Never seem to see any campsites just end up stopping off at the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    P6660

Post by P6660 Sun 12 Aug 2012, 7:50 pm

Hi, thanks for that, we have watched the video several times, but I think the prob is definately with the strings, ours dont seem long enough and have several knots in them, think we may need to replace them. We live near Clitheroe Very Happy We seem to have two pieces of skirt, with press studs on which we cant work out where they go as there are no other press studs anywhere to put them on, we presumed they were to cover the wheels but as I said theres not press studs ??
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 12 Aug 2012, 9:18 pm

Anything like this?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The two pieces separated from the centre? Hint are the pieces of unequal length?

P6660

Post by P6660 Mon 13 Aug 2012, 8:09 am

Hi, no, they are both equal and dont taper off they are oblong both exactly the same, the awning has a groundsheet which fits as above.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 1:24 pm