Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

5 posters

Size of Awning carpet for Discovery

fearful wizard

Size of Awning carpet for Discovery Empty Size of Awning carpet for Discovery

Post by fearful wizard Fri 21 Sep 2012, 9:30 am

Can anyone tell me the size of awning carpet needed to fit the original Discovery awning.
    Two trips before the end of the year, and im going to put the awning up for the first time.
    Thanks. Pete Smile
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Size of Awning carpet for Discovery Empty Re: Size of Awning carpet for Discovery

Post by mike Fri 21 Sep 2012, 12:01 pm

fearful wizard wrote:Can anyone tell me the size of awning carpet needed to fit the original Discovery awning.
    Two trips before the end of the year, and im going to put the awning up for the first time.
    Thanks. Pete Smile

Cant help i only had a delta and now the six but if you are in a hurry ring ian at riva.

mike
    fearful wizard

Size of Awning carpet for Discovery Empty Re: Size of Awning carpet for Discovery

Post by fearful wizard Fri 21 Sep 2012, 12:20 pm

Thanks mike not in hurry, next trip october.
    I think the depth is about 6ft and about 18ft wide(not good with metric)
    But it would save me having to put it up to measure if anyone knows. Pete. Smile
    jake001
    jake001

Post by jake001 Fri 21 Sep 2012, 1:05 pm

fearful wizard wrote:Thanks mike not in hurry, next trip october.
    But it would save me having to put it up to measure if anyone knows. Pete. Smile

I'm sure Smile Mr Itch will know to the nearest mm (or 40 thou as required) but more like 14ft wide in old money I think.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Fri 21 Sep 2012, 8:30 pm

jake001 wrote:
    fearful wizard wrote:Thanks mike not in hurry, next trip october.

I'm sure Smile Mr Itch will know to the nearest mm (or 40 thou as required) but more like 14ft wide in old money I think.

I'm often good to the nearest 1mm or 39.37 thou but the awning isn't an exact science it all depends how you peg it out. Fourteen foot by a shade over 6ft (say 2m) will give a bit to play with.

It's the term carpet that knocked me back. This sounds well posh.
    fearful wizard

Post by fearful wizard Sat 22 Sep 2012, 3:18 pm

Thanks tow Itch saves me putting it up just to measure, didn't want to guess doesn't matter if its a bit longer than needed. Pete Very Happy
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 22 Sep 2012, 5:01 pm

If you give me a week Pete (away at the moment) I'll get my original dandy groundsheet out of the garage and measure it. We no longer use the original one on grass for more than a couple of days because it's pvc just like the Dandy and although it seems to help with condensation in the awning it kills the grass in double fast time Shocked
    fearful wizard

Post by fearful wizard Sat 22 Sep 2012, 9:12 pm

Thanks Helen, I dont want to put you to any trouble, the awning groundsheet they sell is 2.5 mtre wide, and sell it by the linear foot so if the awning is approx 14ft long will buy 16ft to be on the safe side. (only £1.99 a foot).

Pete Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 9:14 pm