Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

4 posters

Winter Storage and mice

pearly

Winter Storage and mice Empty Winter Storage and mice

Post by pearly Wed 24 Oct 2012, 5:23 pm

Has anyone had problems with mice while storing dandy camper over winter period This is my first winter with a dandy and people have said that mice maybe a problem
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Winter Storage and mice Empty Re: Winter Storage and mice

Post by mike Wed 24 Oct 2012, 6:28 pm

pearly wrote:Has anyone had problems with mice while storing dandy camper over winter period This is my first winter with a dandy and people have said that mice maybe a problem

Winter Storage and mice 936075699 to the forum,mice are a difficult thing to answer about,i stored one of mine in a mouse infested barn with nothing left in to attract them, nothing to climb up and blockec the pipes under the sink and had no problem.

mike
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 24 Oct 2012, 8:06 pm

Hi and Welcome to the Dandy Campers Winter Storage and mice 1066248140

We haven't had any problems either, just make sure there is nothing to attract them or things for them to climb up (no strings hanging down) and you should be fine. We also block the drain hole up too as an added extra, we did buy a dandy once that had been nibbled but don't know how it happened. Shocked
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Thu 25 Oct 2012, 10:10 am

Have moved this and added to the title as it may be of interest to more people if tips are added.

mike
    pearly

Winter Storage and mice Empty Winter Storage and Mice

Post by pearly Thu 25 Oct 2012, 12:52 pm

Hi Helen and Mike
    Thanks for the advice l have blocked up the drain hole but have left in the curtains and beds, do you think l should take these out also, my camper is camped in a field full of other caravans etc: which make it dificult for me to open out on the site stored.
    Also thanks for the welcome in joining the Dandy Campers site as you can see l am a novice on the computer
    Pearly
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Thu 25 Oct 2012, 1:14 pm

As you dont know the mouse situation on site i would be tempted to remove what ever i could.

mike
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 25 Oct 2012, 4:37 pm

I had a mouse problem in my garage a couple of years ago when our Dandy was stored in there, sleeping bags and one frame tent must have been preferable to the taste of pvc as my Dandy was left untouched. It could have been a lack of access or too many other nice things to eat hanging around that were easier to get to.

Another Dandy that we bought wasn't so lucky and the foam seating was nibbled when we got it. Rolling Eyes

The mice have all gone now and our next door neighbours lovely Cat sleeps on a mat on my Dandy front box, it only cost us a mat and the Dandy has it's own bodyguard until it goes back in the garage Twisted Evil

If you have the space to store stuff then I would be tempted to empty it, even if it meant a weekend away to do it.
    mishabgt
    mishabgt

Post by mishabgt Thu 28 Feb 2013, 8:21 pm

Never thought about mousage problems....
    may be worth fastening a thick plastic bag/sheet over the sink drain hole underneeath with elastic bands/zip ties.
    May even consider some sort of plastic cap to either pop over or screw on. Or maybe a cap with a couple of holes drilled from one side to the other through the pipe that you could put some sort of pin through to hold it in please (easy then to quick release when arriving on site)?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 6:08 am