Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+24
Terrytoolpath
Nick
Phoenix
peridot
abc5575
julie72
Nancy
beverley1232010
Maxwelltwo
jake001
Esermalda
Caz1960
naedoot
Kimmie
ChrisP
Cazz
flinstone
ShaunJUK
Helen
navver
alday
Tow Itch
The Admiral
mike
28 posters

New 2013 riva dandy trailer tent and folding camper for sale thread

navver

New 2013 riva dandy trailer tent and folding camper for sale thread - Page 13 Empty Re: New 2013 riva dandy trailer tent and folding camper for sale thread

Post by navver Mon 19 Aug 2013, 4:32 pm

Now I know where the name Caz1960 came from. She won't stop until she's got 1960 dandies. Only 1956 to go....
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

New 2013 riva dandy trailer tent and folding camper for sale thread - Page 13 Empty Re: New 2013 riva dandy trailer tent and folding camper for sale thread

Post by Caz1960 Mon 19 Aug 2013, 10:13 pm

Phoenix wrote:New 2013 riva dandy trailer tent and folding camper for sale thread - Page 13 2792229418 Go Caz no's Go

New 2013 riva dandy trailer tent and folding camper for sale thread - Page 13 1428739134 On your 4th is it Dandy?

When is your museum / Dandy village opening. We want to come and have a look. bounce bounce bounce

We would love to get a pic of it beside Phoenix when its done.

Name?

Yep fourth picking her up on Thurs so excited can't wait another adventure ( don't get out much )
    the other blue is Betty so when I see her I will know what name she is
    that would be an honor to photoed next to phoenix New 2013 riva dandy trailer tent and folding camper for sale thread - Page 13 1468157981 
    and thanks Navver there's a thought New 2013 riva dandy trailer tent and folding camper for sale thread - Page 13 3462454224 New 2013 riva dandy trailer tent and folding camper for sale thread - Page 13 3462454224 New 2013 riva dandy trailer tent and folding camper for sale thread - Page 13 3462454224 New 2013 riva dandy trailer tent and folding camper for sale thread - Page 13 3462454224 
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Mon 19 Aug 2013, 10:58 pm

This has nearly three days to run but is desperately undersold [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It's 80's not 70's has an awning and heater but I'd love to see some more inside pictures. The edge of bat wing behind the curtain isn't white but it isn't brown and white either. Wonder if it's winterised?

Dandys are selling for nothing this year I think we would agree then you see the odd one that defies logic. Post 95 but no awning nor heater [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and it fetches £1,500 ?????
    Mennace
    Mennace

Post by Mennace Mon 19 Aug 2013, 11:44 pm

Tow Itch wrote:This has nearly three days to run but is desperately undersold [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It's 80's not 70's has an awning and heater but I'd love to see some more inside pictures. The edge of bat wing behind the curtain isn't white but it isn't brown and white either. Wonder if it's winterised?
    I was looking into this one quite a bit but the distance I would need to drive just to go and pick it up adds about £150 in fuel alone (and I would likely take the night in a premier in, so add £60~ for that).
    tribalkev
    tribalkev

Post by tribalkev Mon 19 Aug 2013, 11:57 pm

Mennace wrote:
    Tow Itch wrote:This has nearly three days to run but is desperately undersold [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I was looking into this one quite a bit but the distance I would need to drive just to go and pick it up adds about £150 in fuel alone (and I would likely take the night in a premier in, so add £60~ for that).
    Dont stay in a premier in use the dandy its in an amazing part of the country, i have spent many a month in St Austell, make a weekend of it and try the dandy, see the sights, the eden project, charlestown, wheelmartin to name but a few Very Happy

Jennywren

New 2013 riva dandy trailer tent and folding camper for sale thread - Page 13 Empty Dandy at St Austell

Post by Jennywren Tue 20 Aug 2013, 2:25 am

I have just got home from a family funeral near Penzance!
    I didn't know this Dandy was for sale "on route" cos my computer has been out of commision.
    Would have gone and had a look if I had known.

We stayed in Cornwall for 10 days weather was rite nice and between relly support we had some really nice bike rides. The main roads were very busy as were the main tourist areas, but off the beaaten track it was GRAND.

Jennywren

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sat 07 Sep 2013, 2:47 pm

Tow Itch wrote:This one is a bit odd [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Says that it has skirts but no pictures. It had the original heater removed to be replaced with a superior one. Regardless of your feelings in the Propex/Riviera heater debate, what happened to the floor?
    Chairs jacked up?
    Suspension upgraded (to what) or renewed?

When assembling the tent 2 of the hooks underneath have disappeared but doesn't affect stability,
    What hooks underneath.
    No idea what the reserve is. Could be worth a look.
    Don't know if they pulled the eBay listing or what but it's on Gumtree for £900  http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/dandy-designer-folding-camper/1030998174#photo-content If up for £900 got to be worth offering £700.
    navver

Post by navver Sat 07 Sep 2013, 9:30 pm

I remember that one a while back. Has the dining seats raised up on extra cupboards.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 07 Sep 2013, 9:39 pm

This is the one from the fb group (was looking for £400) no awning and not insulated but has a heater mounted on the wall to the side of the door, it's the same inside as a Discovery although he hasn't put the interior pics on ebay probably be because he & wife are in the pictures that were taken as they cleaned it to photograph - if anyone is interested in interior photo's I'll ask can I forward them. He hasn't checked the date, I suggested an 84/5 looking at it but told him how to check for sure, he said it was folded up now but would do it later, I've asked again as the ad says 86 but it's not at home and stored elsewhere

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    peridot
    peridot
    Dandy Admin

Post by peridot Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:56 pm

navver wrote:I remember that one a while back. Has the dining seats raised up on extra cupboards.
    Certainly some bizarre modifications there.

Why raise the seats?

Why do away with the perfect design of the Designer table?

Why mount the socket outlet sideways?

Why box in the wheel arch under the table but not the other one?

What are the black squares - speakers perhaps? But one at floor level and the other higher up ???

Still, nothing that can't be undone fairly easily I suppose.
    navver

Post by navver Sun 08 Sep 2013, 4:11 pm

peridot wrote:
    navver wrote:I remember that one a while back. Has the dining seats raised up on extra cupboards.

Why raise the seats? They are only a foot high which is very low for seating. Gives extra storage as well

Why do away with the perfect design of the Designer table? Needed to be raised and makes it easier to get in and out. I keep ours swivelled round so it overlaps the bed.

Why mount the socket outlet sideways? I think they have fitted a Propex heater and this may be necessary to make room

Why box in the wheel arch under the table but not the other one?

What are the black squares - speakers perhaps? But one at floor level and the other higher up ??? Propex heater grilles?

Still, nothing that can't be undone fairly easily I suppose.[/color]
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 08 Sep 2013, 6:23 pm

navver wrote:
    peridot wrote:

Why raise the seats? They are only a foot high which is very low for seating. Gives extra storage as well

Why do away with the perfect design of the Designer table? Needed to be raised and makes it easier to get in and out. I keep ours swivelled round so it overlaps the bed.

Why mount the socket outlet sideways? I think they have fitted a Propex heater and this may be necessary to make room

Why box in the wheel arch under the table but not the other one?  So you can pass an electric cable to the other seat base and in this case a propex air tube

What are the black squares - speakers perhaps? But one at floor level and the other higher up ??? Propex heater grilles?

Still, nothing that can't be undone fairly easily I suppose.[/color]
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Mon 09 Sep 2013, 11:19 am

This looks cheap and has everything for someone new to camping. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Last yearcould have easily seen this for sale for twice as much.

This has been for sale since April I imagine they may be open to offers. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 09 Sep 2013, 11:29 am

The pics of the Discovery show exactly how folding the roof in works ...... nice looking Dandy
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Mon 09 Sep 2013, 12:07 pm

eBay has some classic over valuations at the moment:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]   Going on auction with an opening bid required of £950?

Lets take a brown 4/5 that is 1/2 insulated with an unusual arrangement of windows and offer it for sale at an opening offer of £750

Then just to put prospective buyers off completely offer the awning as a separate item [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

1995 Delta notionally with a full awning and skirts. No comment on whether insulated or not, no mention of a heater or condition. Advertise with a £1,450 opening bid then put on photos to follow. Bids to follow too or not.

If you own one of these and think I'm a bit rude so be it but I will fall over stunned if any of these sell, bar possibly the awning on its own.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 09 Sep 2013, 3:13 pm

It's the same seller that is selling the brown dart and brown discovery ..... both being sold without the awnings but you can buy them as separate items Shocked 

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Mon 09 Sep 2013, 3:20 pm

Helen wrote:It's the same seller that is selling the brown dart and brown discovery ..... both being sold without the awnings but you can buy them as separate items Shocked 

When I looked it was just the 4/5 awning for sale. How did i miss that they were all from the same vendor.
    Still if it's just one person it explains the optimistic values.
    peridot
    peridot
    Dandy Admin

Post by peridot Wed 11 Sep 2013, 10:40 pm

Why list the awnings separately? Is it a hope that someone buys the camper and then bids high to ensure they get the awning too Question 

Insofar as you can tell from the photos the Discovery looks to be in great condition for its age. Not so keen on the Dart though - what on earth is the appendage on the side of the gas box Shocked 

And what sort of weird person has more than one Dandy anyway Twisted Evil
    jake001
    jake001

Post by jake001 Thu 12 Sep 2013, 3:30 pm

I rather think that this one has a unique front box on it, no pictures of it though but I recognise the car Twisted Evil

Here it is next to me last year Very Happy 

A real bargain at the asking price, I wonder why Biker hasn't mentioned it on here Question 

Last edited by jake001 on Fri 13 Sep 2013, 8:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : picture added)
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Thu 26 Sep 2013, 10:58 am

Fully insulated Delta with heater, awning and skirts. Not sure if the skirts are aftermarket.
    Skirt owners please look at the top to see if flap on main body overlaps like yours or not.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 11 May 2024, 4:27 am