Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

5 posters

Dandy folding campers advert descriptions

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Dandy folding campers advert descriptions  Empty Dandy folding campers advert descriptions

Post by mike Sun 26 Jun 2011, 8:55 am

Disclaimer some of the points raised in this thread could be genuine we are just indicating description phrases that should be considered with care.

Ebay especially, have rules about descriptions being accurate this some times leads to very vague descriptions, or the phrase "ring for details" in this thread we thought we could list phrases and descriptions that should be viewed with some caution,the problem is lots of times they may be true,so its just a go carefully thread.

Selling for a friend so i know nothing about them
    bought a while ago but plans have changed and we have never used it
    Gas cooker and under floor heater fitted but have never used them,was told when i bought it they worked
    Haven't used it for x years but every thing was ok last time
    bought it last year but family have flown the nest (in 12 months !!)

I think you can get the picture from these as i say dont discount one with these type of things in the add just be careful.

carl
    carl

Dandy folding campers advert descriptions  Empty Re: Dandy folding campers advert descriptions

Post by carl Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:00 am

i think it may be worth a mention when the advert says with awning it is worth asking is it a awning or a sun canopy (some will call a sun canopy a awning)
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Dandy folding campers advert descriptions  Empty Re: Dandy folding campers advert descriptions

Post by Helen Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:03 am

I would say ask to see it erected and see what response you get. If only buying an awning always inspect, make sure the frame is all there and no little holes that they forgot to mention.
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Sun 26 Jun 2011, 10:01 am

my personal favourite off ebay items and not just dandy's is "clean great condition"

then you get there and it looks like its been in a field with cattle for 12months

hmmm right Very Happy
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 26 Jun 2011, 3:09 pm

One of the biggest turn off's for me would be no pictures sorry but if i wanted to sell something like a dandy i would not expect some one to bid or travel a long way without at least seeing something.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 26 Jun 2011, 4:16 pm

Vicky

Always thought the description thing was a spelling/context issue.

You get to the vendors see the condition and they begin to grate!

Not necessarily phrases to beware of but classic dodgy sales lines.

Priced To Sell........ As against priced to be ignored?

First To See Will Buy.........Will they?........Why didn't you try for more then?

Followed The Following Week By

No Timewasters or Re Advertised Due To Timewasters..........Have you ever phoned up for an advert and said "Hello

I'm a timewaster". have you ever had someone reply to an advert and say that? Have you ever replyed to an advert from someone

who used the no timewasters phrase? Did it bear any relationship to what they described?

vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Sun 26 Jun 2011, 4:53 pm

i bought something once that the person claimed they had spent the weekend cleaning it must of been with their eyes shut no cleaning products of any description and a pair of manky boots on,

it took me over a week to get it clean properly Neutral

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 17 May 2024, 5:17 am