Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

5 posters

Dandy alloys

Plumcrazee

Dandy alloys  Empty Dandy alloys

Post by Plumcrazee Mon 02 Sep 2013, 11:30 pm

Hi guys any one know if there is any alloys that will fit the dandy??

Mine is a 6 by the way!!
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Dandy alloys  Empty Re: Dandy alloys

Post by Tow Itch Tue 03 Sep 2013, 11:34 am

The first thing to establish is what wheels are on. Generally they should be 12" as per fitted on Hillman Imps though some have 10" wheels. 12" is what they were designed for. If you have 10" wheels and suspension sag you might end up looking at new suspension too. Both the wheels run on a 4" PCD and a (check the next figure) a 63mm centrebore.  If the wheel has too narrow a centrebore 20 thou or so per side at least can be taken off the projecting hub.  

I haven't physically measured a 12" wheel. Jake and myself did measure a 10" wheel. The thread might be of use. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

In that thread is a link to this it outlines non obvious options. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nick did fit 12" wheels on his previously 10" shod Designer. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Not what you asked for but the best I can initially supply. One oddity I've found is that I thought all the first radial tyres were 80 profile. Hence why the profile is not quoted on early radials. It appears however that Imps ran 82 profile tyres. the size quoted is 12" 4.5 running a 155/82/12R [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  You may get more info if you join the Imp forum which can't be read till you join.

Last edited by Tow Itch on Tue 03 Sep 2013, 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Multiple links not showing up as links again. Written link inserted.)
    jake001
    jake001

Post by jake001 Tue 03 Sep 2013, 12:22 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Look like minilites to me Suspect 

Rosemary Smith in about 1971, I was co-driver in a 998cc rallying Imp in 1973 and it was on minilites.

Although 12" not the same as mini cooper wheels I suspect.
    muzzy

Post by muzzy Tue 03 Sep 2013, 6:20 pm

hi folks been reading the comments above and i have to say i am a bit confused?

can minilite alloy 12" x 4" fit a dandy 6?
    i am tempted to get some classic mini alloys from a scrappy and try them but they are like hens teeth.

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Tue 03 Sep 2013, 9:39 pm

muzzy wrote:hi folks been reading the comments above and i have to say i am a bit confused?

can minilite alloy 12" x 4" fit a dandy 6?
    i am tempted to get some classic mini alloys from a scrappy and try them but they are like hens teeth.

You're confused? You are not the only one. Unfortunately as I've never had to buy wheels and never in 12" I've not done a great deal of research.
    The Imp source I quoted above says Imps were 12" X 4.5". Then again original Rover Mini alloys were often 4.5" [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Do you trust one source though. You could measure the wheels you have on.
    If 145mm  fits a 3.5" wheel then a 155mm would seem ideal for a 4" but tyres have a large spread and 155 would be good for up to 5.5 inch see the table at the base of: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If Mini alloys were as rare as hen's teeth why look for them why not look for something more available and cheaper?

It looks like they would go on a lot would depend on the offsets. Found more on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] So it looks like they were 1" offset too.

All is looking good but you will need to make certain for yourself. If the offset is the same and the wheel 1/2" narrower you should get a good side clearance if it was set up for a 4.5" wheel
    warbird01uk
    warbird01uk

Dandy alloys  Empty Alloy Wheels....

Post by warbird01uk Wed 21 May 2014, 6:05 pm

Just a thought, 13"Mini Metro wheels should fit but just check the offset. I built a kit car a few years ago which was Mini based, I then up rated it with a MG Metro turbo motor & box installed into the Mini sub frame, I was able to use the disc & hub assemblies from the Metro & the wheel stud spacing was the same! Some of the last built Metro's maybe were different though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 7:06 pm