Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

5 posters

great time had by all

Caz1960
    Caz1960

great time had by all Empty great time had by all

Post by Caz1960 Thu 19 Sep 2013, 1:39 am

Firstly I would like to thank Mr Tow Itch for introducing me to a great weekend

weeks were honing in to the day we were off to Goodwood Revival ..all the excitement starts weeks ahead planning what to wear ?? after the decision is made on which era 40's, 50's or 60's  I chose the 50's.. men/boys are easy to dress... suit or uniform but then there's us women not only the era the style, then there is Fri , sat and sun cant wear the same thing twice great time had by all 1705467399 

all pack up ready to go not knowing what to expect arrived late finally found Mr Itch great to meet at last set the 6 (Desdemona) up ....
    woke the next day all excited dressed the part off we went great time had by all 2197500976 awesome is all I can say a total all senses abuse ..sight -  the fantastic costumes that people were wearing never the same except when intentional ,  smell - the high octane fumes from the cars,bikes etc racing around the tract , ears - not only with the roaring of the vehicles but the music insisting you dance and your feet agreeing

I was like a kid in candy shop had the thrill of riding in Jeeps as they taxied us back and forth to the campsite so thrilling watched re-enactments  even the TOUR DE FRANCE ..... even went to Tesco's yellow stripes was their original colour

to cap all the excitement spitfire airplanes  flying overhead several times a day

took me a while but got it  great time had by all 3462454224 great time had by all 3462454224

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

what and experience haven't stopped talking about it
    one thing that I was shocked was the toilets and showers so clean that you could eat your dinner of the floor  bearing in mind it was muddy but in the morning spotless ....   showers hot all day long ....I have never been to campsites with such high standards I did speak to the lady that did them and thanked her and praised her no end
    navver

great time had by all Empty Re: great time had by all

Post by navver Thu 19 Sep 2013, 7:25 pm

Oh to be young again eh!. Now have you ever thought about wing walking?
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Thu 19 Sep 2013, 7:32 pm

oooooh no there is a thought great time had by all 2702329197 
    peridot
    peridot
    Dandy Admin

Post by peridot Thu 19 Sep 2013, 11:41 pm

Fantastic story and a great photo there Caz.

Thinking of similar threads on this forum makes me wonder whether owing a Dandy makes people want to do more interesting and adventurous things than the average camper, or whether campers who do more interesting and adventurous things will want to own a Dandy.

I suspect it's probably the latter although I'm not entirely sure why.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sat 21 Sep 2013, 10:47 am

I did/do write a bit of a tome about this. I was going to post it last Sunday. All self hosted photos and I lost the post.
    I will have another go when I get home. I'm still away.

The best comment I could use about the revival is the one made by your friend Caz. "Where else could you be when someone says to you" "Oh look a Spitfire" "You might say to them. OK I'm doing something, I'll look up in a minute"
    It does make you blase about what you have seen.

No Caz believe it or not the standard of the toilets and showers have gone down. Mind you permanent hot water is a bit of an improvement on last year.
    jake001
    jake001

Post by jake001 Sat 21 Sep 2013, 11:28 am

Them "Spitfires" is Hurricanes Shocked 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Sat 21 Sep 2013, 11:54 am

affraid  wow anyway the spitfires where there but thanks for correcting me they were awesome great time had by all 1710857839 great time had by all 1710857839 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 17 May 2024, 4:39 am