Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

2 posters

New place found (I think) for awning modifications !

flinstone

New place found (I think) for awning modifications !  Empty New place found (I think) for awning modifications !

Post by flinstone Tue 15 Apr 2014, 8:49 pm

Hi, I hope I am posting in the right place.
    Thought I would share some information with you.
    My other half has a problem with his shoulders, we will not give up our dandy, so we have been searching for somewhere to modify the awning. (Removable side panels).
    We found a company in Birmingham that does lorry curtains etc., so had a chat.
    The helpful chap has done exactly what we wanted, and up to £80 cheaper than others we had contacted. We are pleased with the result, and are now looking forward to giving it a try !
    Just another option for anyone interested.
    TSR  Tarpaulin Supply and Repair Co Ltd.
    Erdington
    Birmingham
    0121 327 2110
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

New place found (I think) for awning modifications !  Empty Re: New place found (I think) for awning modifications !

Post by Tow Itch Wed 16 Apr 2014, 8:00 pm

Pictures please, when you have it erected.

What was done and cost would be nice too.

No great issue but I'll probably move this over to the awnings section.
    flinstone

New place found (I think) for awning modifications !  Empty more detail

Post by flinstone Thu 17 Apr 2014, 5:58 pm

Hi, hopefully this information will be more helpful.
    We had a zip fitted in the end panel, mid way between the side of the unit and the window from ground up.
    At the top curved round, just below roof bar, the window reinforced and continued across to take out complete side panel.
    Cost £60 per end.
    Sorry no pics, have to wait for shoulder problem to improve before setting up.

The chap would do pretty much what ever you wanted, layed out the awning and spent time deciding , best/cost effective options.

Hope this helps.

Sponsored content

New place found (I think) for awning modifications !  Empty Re: New place found (I think) for awning modifications !

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 5:05 am