Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+2
Helen
Eilis
6 posters

using tenacious tape to fix your pvc dandy trailer tent awning

Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

using tenacious tape to fix your pvc dandy trailer tent awning  Empty using tenacious tape to fix your pvc dandy trailer tent awning

Post by Eilis Sun 17 Jul 2011, 8:31 pm

Hi guys

i have a couple of small holes in my awning window (and sadly one larger one that i will hopefully sort in september when we meet)

now i want to use tenaciuos tape but i'm worried just how much it grips if i get it wrong, can i take it off and try again?

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

using tenacious tape to fix your pvc dandy trailer tent awning  Empty Re: using tenacious tape to fix your pvc dandy trailer tent awning

Post by Helen Sun 17 Jul 2011, 8:33 pm

You cant really get it wrong Eilis, its crystal clear when applied. Very Happy
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

using tenacious tape to fix your pvc dandy trailer tent awning  Empty Re: using tenacious tape to fix your pvc dandy trailer tent awning

Post by Eilis Sun 17 Jul 2011, 8:38 pm

that's good to know Helen but i have to say, saying things like 'you can't get it wrong' to me is just tempting fate lol!

that's like saying 'it's on the right, you can't miss it' using tenacious tape to fix your pvc dandy trailer tent awning  3462454224
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 17 Jul 2011, 8:44 pm

If you can wait until September one of us lot will help you sort it. Very Happy
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Sun 17 Jul 2011, 8:45 pm

think i'm brave enough to try the little holes but i'll wait til sept for the big one as that will need more pairs of hands and the handy friends i have here tend to get carried away lol
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Sun 17 Jul 2011, 9:05 pm

the one tip i would say eilis is when you cut your patch out of the tenacious tape make sure you round the edges off this stops corner lift and peeling
    i think its even in their own instructions but really does make a difference Wink
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 17 Jul 2011, 9:07 pm

Eilis wrote:Hi guys

i have a couple of small holes in my awning window (and sadly one larger one that i will hopefully sort in september when we meet)

now i want to use tenaciuos tape but i'm worried just how much it grips if i get it wrong, can i take it off and try again?

Remind me before September and i will bring a piece of tent window with me,or if you want to do it let me know the size and i will post you some.

mike
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 29 Feb 2012, 6:45 pm

Bump

We did do the larger hole in Eilis's awning window but not with tent window, we found that a clear bag that a bed throw over had been in when purchased was an excellent match. No tents were harmed and the window is now water tight and we did quite a neat job too.
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Thu 01 Mar 2012, 6:28 am

Helen wrote:Bump

We did do the larger hole in Eilis's awning window but not with tent window, we found that a clear bag that a bed throw over had been in when purchased was an excellent match. No tents were harmed and the window is now water tight and we did quite a neat job too.

we certainly did. it looks great and much better than if i'd used tenacious tape for the whole thing too

bought some curtains recently with the same type of thick plastic bag so i'm hanging onto it just in case Smile
    fearful wizard

Post by fearful wizard Thu 01 Mar 2012, 10:09 am

I have a tear where the wing attaches has anyone used tenacios tape to repair it in an awkward spot. Thanks Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] alt=""/>

fearful wizard

Post by fearful wizard Thu 01 Mar 2012, 10:12 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here is a picture didnt upload first time.
    fearful wizard

Post by fearful wizard Thu 01 Mar 2012, 10:14 am

Found this on the web has anyone tried it.

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Thu 01 Mar 2012, 10:26 am

On first read the repair kit sounds good and may be worth a try,looking at your picture would it be possible to slip something over the steel to act as a barrier between that and the pvc,if you go for the kit let us know how well it works.

mike
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Thu 01 Mar 2012, 10:48 am

The repair kit sounds OK for the price.
    As a reminder undercovermick has offered free PVC offcuts. Offcuts and Evostick or the speciality PVC adhesive would be just as good or better.
    I can't reconcile where on the Dandy your photo is illustrating but it definitely looks like the metal is punching through the PVC.
    If you can gain access I'd take a file to the metal to smooth off the corner and if possible pad the corner with something.
    Sorry I've not added something more insightful but I can't grasp where the position is.
    fearful wizard

Post by fearful wizard Thu 01 Mar 2012, 8:04 pm

Its the joint that moves, which is attached to the door panel.
    The pvc normally covers the joint, it would be great if i could get some offcuts of pvc.
    it would be better to repair with pvc rather than tape. Pete
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 01 Mar 2012, 9:45 pm

Would something like this do in white perhaps

fearful wizard

Post by fearful wizard Fri 02 Mar 2012, 9:46 am

Thank you Helen, I have just ordered a sample. Pete Very Happy
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Fri 02 Mar 2012, 10:28 am

fearful wizard wrote:Thank you Helen, I have just ordered a sample. Pete Very Happy

Pete

I'm so sorry if I didn't make it clear enough Mick Withers who owns Under Cover C.I. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] had offered free offcuts.

This may have been offered elsewhere but I believe it to be an open and genuine offer.

Mick has done covers for a few people Phoenix, Mike (I think) and Nick has a cover that was made for someone else by Mick.

Come to that off cuts would have probably been available cheaply from Ian at Riva.

fearful wizard

Post by fearful wizard Fri 02 Mar 2012, 10:56 am

Thanks tow itch, i did see your post, but the sample ive ordered is only £1.50 and is postage free and will be enough to do the repair. Pete Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 11:35 am