Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+4
mike
Cazz
vickoir
hakuna matata
8 posters

iam a newbie

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

iam a newbie - Page 2 Empty Re: iam a newbie

Post by mike Tue 19 Jul 2011, 9:41 am

This was one of our favourite spots especially in the winter,as you see we now have a punto.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Tue 19 Jul 2011, 9:44 am

Hope Neil forgives us when he sees what we have done with his thread,mind you it is still VW camper talk Very Happy
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 19 Jul 2011, 9:50 am

Yes but just imagine Mike, if you hadn't got rid of your camper you could have been sat inside it in the warm looking at that view lol!
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Tue 19 Jul 2011, 10:00 am

helen wrote:Yes but just imagine Mike, if you hadn't got rid of your camper you could have been sat inside it in the warm looking at that view lol!

Very true two and a half times the amount of fuel to get there,and saving up for the next major job Very Happy but once they are in the blood they never completely leave.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 19 Jul 2011, 10:02 am

A bit like the Dandy bug then Mike Very Happy
    hakuna matata

Post by hakuna matata Tue 19 Jul 2011, 10:20 am

guys ,and gals, now i dont mind at all its a vw thing.in my case its in the blood .now iam not new to the vws at all been messing with them for years and ive lost count off how manys come and gone.now this one is family the Golden Lady is here to stay .. get offers all the time if i wana sell ...well you know whay the answer is ***** Shocked
    mines starared of life as a caravelle 7 seater MPV. ive converted to a camper ,put on a poptop roof, its a 2.1 petrol and LPG so half the running cost......i coul go on and on but i need to get a dandy for the kids and me.by the way we still have our cars aswell.

neil.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Tue 19 Jul 2011, 10:23 am

hakuna matata wrote:guys ,and gals, now i dont mind at all its a vw thing.in my case its in the blood .now iam not new to the vws at all been messing with them for years and ive lost count off how manys come and gone.now this one is family the Golden Lady is here to stay .. get offers all the time if i wana sell ...well you know whay the answer is ***** Shocked
    mines starared of life as a caravelle 7 seater MPV. ive converted to a camper ,put on a poptop roof, its a 2.1 petrol and LPG so half the running cost......i coul go on and on but i need to get a dandy for the kids and me.by the way we still have our cars aswell.

neil.

Two beetles
    one type 2
    three type 25s

I know what you meen
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 19 Jul 2011, 10:31 am

The only VW I have owned was a Golf Crying or Very sad sad I know it was a lovely little car.

A dandy will be great for you and the kids, you have the best of both then. Hope you find one soon Very Happy
    hakuna matata

Post by hakuna matata Tue 19 Jul 2011, 10:51 am

as iam on a tight buget at the mo , every one i look at seems to go for mega bucks, looks like iam just gone keep lookin for that bargin one .

neil.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 19 Jul 2011, 10:58 am

We keep an eye out for them on here Neil so please keep checking on the Dandy's for sale thread, you may be lucky.
    Deb

Post by Deb Tue 19 Jul 2011, 10:59 am

Its not easy to find a good one at the right price I know we looked for ages but it was worth it.

Deb
    Laura
    Laura

Post by Laura Tue 19 Jul 2011, 11:04 am

We were very lucky and one of the members did let us have his old one at a great price. We looked for ages and did miss out on a few but you will get one at the rite price in the end.
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Tue 19 Jul 2011, 11:14 am

Blimey, how many posts have gone on that I hadn't realised, I've not had an email for a bit.

Mike how many mpg does your car do? My big metal diesel brick does about 32mpg and a top speed of 60mph Shocked. I bet Neils on gas does about the same equilvent.

Our camper has cost less in repairs in 5 1/2 years, than our Peugeot did in depreciation in 3. Until we had it resprayed that is, but then we don't plan to sell.

Go on you all know you want to join or rejoin the best of both worlds cheers
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Tue 19 Jul 2011, 11:42 am

Cazz various reasons but i took early retirement from a well paid job,now do factory work on minimum wage but dont get stressed any more so had to think about things.
    The last vw i had was a high top petrol 18-20 mpg couldn't justify running two vehicles any longer so it became expensive and too much wear and tear with every day use.
    The punto is my second its two years old and in 10,000 miles it has achieved an overall mpg of 42mpg, between 35-40 when towing and at 60mph on the motorway can often do 60mpg most days we do about 4 miles in town and a full tank can last a month even with the odd day out down the coast,it has 5 years warranty so will probably be replaced on my 65th birthday with my last new one.
    So afraid it will just be admiration from a distance though if you come to a meet i may just want to sit behind the wheel.

mike
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Tue 19 Jul 2011, 11:58 am

Mike, I know what you mean and know where you're coming from, we work at minimum wage, live in a small house and it is a struggle, but then we don't have kids or any other life, lol.

You are more than welcome to have a sit in ours as and when we meet, I'll even put the kettle on. Very Happy
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Tue 19 Jul 2011, 12:01 pm

iam a newbie - Page 2 2792229418 iam a newbie - Page 2 1468157981 you already
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 19 Jul 2011, 12:02 pm

I want one but my other half always want's something bigger. We will never not Dandy and on that we can agree but he want's some huge Motorhome when he retires and I just want a day van for trips out away from the campsite. I will keep pestering him though he has a bit yet until he retires. Suspect
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Tue 19 Jul 2011, 12:08 pm

Helen, my OH wants a massive motorhome when we retire, ages yet mind, I can still see us in a smaller one, they fit in a normal car park space, are easy to drive around, you can get down small roads that a bigger one won't. But then you could always tow a small car behind a big one.

Good luck with your persuasion, any questions, please do ask. Very Happy
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Tue 19 Jul 2011, 12:14 pm

helen wrote:I want one but my other half always want's something bigger. We will never not Dandy and on that we can agree but he want's some huge Motorhome when he retires and I just want a day van for trips out away from the campsite. I will keep pestering him though he has a bit yet until he retires. Suspect

Had a coachbuilt for 10 years,much prefer the idea of a smaller one towing something that can be left erected on site,so much stuff to pack away when you want to go out for the day,the best option for touring though when your on a different site each night, you dont unpack as much then.

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 19 Jul 2011, 12:16 pm

Thanks Cazz, I will keep on with my mission and see if we can have one for now and let him think he can have his big motorhome when he retires. iam a newbie - Page 2 2170595768

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 08 May 2024, 6:04 am