Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+5
Helen
Eilis
Nick
mike
jenstar
9 posters

Destiny or Designer ?

jenstar
    jenstar

Destiny or Designer ? Empty Destiny or Designer ?

Post by jenstar Mon 08 Aug 2011, 10:22 am

Hi folks, we are looking to buy a Dandy, had FC's and folding caravans in the past. There are 4 of us, you could say 4 adults really as my lads are teens, we were set on a Destiny but after seeing a Designer on ebay we are thinking maybe we could widen the search to one of those? Its just the storage I think we would miss. What are your thoughts please, Thanks Jen.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Destiny or Designer ? Empty Re: Destiny or Designer ?

Post by mike Mon 08 Aug 2011, 11:41 am

There are only two of us and we had the delta,slightly smaller than the designer we considered a designer but are so pleased we chose the 6,if its a short stay and we dont want to put the awning up you have real space in the 6,would you be prepared to put the awning up,it can be an effort but most that use them think its worth it because again its something you dont have to dry.
    A designer with awning may just do for you a 6 with or without awning would do,all right ime a 6 fan lol!

mike
    Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

Post by Nick Mon 08 Aug 2011, 5:09 pm

I would say go for a Destiny,we have a designer and its great for 2 or maybe 3.The advantage with a destiny is when you go away you will not need to use the awning every time so less work Smile,also 4 can sit around the table and eat where as the Designer only has a table for 2.The destiny's built from mid 90's also benefit from a built in 3way fridge.The cost difference between a Designer and Destiny is minimal.Designers are very sort after so the prices seem to hold up against the bigger Destiny,which makes the Destiny a better value purchase.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 08 Aug 2011, 5:18 pm

Dont say any more on this subject Jen may have something to tell us Laughing
    jenstar
    jenstar

Post by jenstar Mon 08 Aug 2011, 5:50 pm

Ha ha....yes mike! Well we have gone for the Designer! We think it will cover our needs while the lads need to be with us but when they dont be ideal for just the 2 of us!!!! Thanks for your input though folks! We have spent the last 4 years all cramped up in a small 3 berth folding van, so this will be big to us! LOL. Laughing
    jenstar
    jenstar

Post by jenstar Mon 08 Aug 2011, 5:52 pm

Ment to add pick it up tomorrow, so will be having our first Dandy lesson....gosh I hope Ive got my thinking head on then and can remember it all!
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 08 Aug 2011, 5:59 pm

No hope for you now Very Happy
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Mon 08 Aug 2011, 5:59 pm

don't forget we have a meet in september so you can join us and the boys can enjoy themselves sorting your dandy out lol!

congratulations on finding the right dandy so quickly Destiny or Designer ? 1710857839 Destiny or Designer ? 1710857839
    jenstar
    jenstar

Post by jenstar Mon 08 Aug 2011, 6:08 pm

Thanks both!!!! Yes I didnt expect to get one so quick, its in lovely order, well cared for and not long been serviced at Riva, cant wait to pick it up and see what all this Dandy hipe is about!!!! lol
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 08 Aug 2011, 8:55 pm

You'r going to be hooked Jen Laughing

I am sure you designer will do you proud .......... get ready for the interest from other campers, they are fascinated by them. Destiny or Designer ? 184121345
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Mon 08 Aug 2011, 9:01 pm

Destiny or Designer ? 1428739134
    that didnt take long jen well done i hope you enjoy your dandy as much we all enjoy ours and get yourselves booked into trentfeild in september if your free Destiny or Designer ? 184121345 Destiny or Designer ? 184121345
    jenstar
    jenstar

Post by jenstar Mon 08 Aug 2011, 9:33 pm

Thanks Vicki, I know wernt we lucky the right one came up less than an hour away, fetching it tomorrow! Destiny or Designer ? 2792229418
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Mon 08 Aug 2011, 10:04 pm

Congratulations on your Dandy, looking forward to seeing your pics. Destiny or Designer ? 184121345
    Owd Lad
    Owd Lad

Destiny or Designer ? Empty Re' Designer or Destiny

Post by Owd Lad Tue 09 Aug 2011, 6:51 am

Well done on your new purchase! We all just know that you're going to have fun with it. If you've been using a tent before this you'll enjoy the extra room and it doesn't sound as if the family mind being 'companiable'. The Designer has proved fine for Doreen, me, a German Shepherd and an Old English Sheep Dog, even without awning. I will say though that you'll find you make full use of the available space if you can persuade the lads to curl up and sleep on the floor. This will give the two of you loads of bed space. Any chance of it happening, or will they just creep up onto the beds in the night? No matter - Happy Dandying!
    Steve
    hakuna matata

Post by hakuna matata Tue 09 Aug 2011, 4:05 pm

congrats, on getting your dandy , now we just need to see some picts.

neil.
    jenstar
    jenstar

Post by jenstar Tue 09 Aug 2011, 4:16 pm

Very Happy Thanks everyone, well we were using a small 3 berth folding caravan, same age as our new dandy a 1991, so to have all 4 of us under 1 roof is great for us! We have camped and boated all our lives so used to most situations! I think the Designer will be fine for us.....I hope I dont eat my words....too late now! lol. Well its only 2 hours and 55mins till we pick it up.....not that Im excited or anything! Destiny or Designer ? 2792229418 Destiny or Designer ? 2792229418 Destiny or Designer ? 2792229418

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 09 May 2024, 5:32 am