Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+5
Eilis
vickoir
Ali
mike
Cazz
9 posters

Sun/rain canopy.

Cazz
    Cazz

Sun/rain canopy. Empty Sun/rain canopy.

Post by Cazz Wed 10 Aug 2011, 10:15 pm

As we have an assortment of sun/rain canopys for the campervan, it made sense to try them on the Dandy for everyone to see.

They are both waterproof and simple to use. We found the bit that feeds into the awning rail is ideal for putting inside the Dandy and when the roof is pulled tight it holds that edge in place. Also for extra support, the guys on that edge can be tied in the Dandy.

The first is an Outdoor Revolution quite basic one, but fantastic in the wind, we've had for a few years now on the campervan, it has been perfect. It's very simple to put up and requires only 4 pegs.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The second is again Outdoor Revolution, easi canopy, we bought this second hand this year, but as yet not used it on the van. Typically when putting it up for the photograph it was vey windy and our front garden is full of bricks so pegging was a pain, but you get the idea.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hope they give inspiration and are helpful.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Sun/rain canopy. Empty Re: Sun/rain canopy.

Post by mike Thu 11 Aug 2011, 2:42 pm

Nice i always thought the second one would make a good dandy canopy.

mike
    Ali
    Ali

Sun/rain canopy. Empty lightweight canopy

Post by Ali Thu 18 Aug 2011, 6:44 pm

I made a canopy from ripstop nylon (bought off ebay at Helen's suggestion). It worked really well and I'm now going to make a bigger one I think (although as I'm thinking of buying a Dandy 6 off ebay and then selling the Designer might not need to bother! I'd put a pic of the canopy up but I don't know how to do it.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Thu 18 Aug 2011, 6:52 pm

Ali wrote:I made a canopy from ripstop nylon (bought off ebay at Helen's suggestion). It worked really well and I'm now going to make a bigger one I think (although as I'm thinking of buying a Dandy 6 off ebay and then selling the Designer might not need to bother! I'd put a pic of the canopy up but I don't know how to do it.

you would like a 6 we had a delta slightly smaller than the designer but the 6 we have now is great
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Thu 18 Aug 2011, 6:56 pm

Have you seen the how to upload pictures post.

mike
    Ali
    Ali

Sun/rain canopy. Empty pictures

Post by Ali Thu 18 Aug 2011, 8:13 pm

Hi Mike

Yes I think the 6 having just that bit more room has got to be the one for me. Last month there was me, my daughter and my grandson in the Designer and having to make the settee into a bed every night and reverse in the morning nearly killed me off! I have read the post about pics but don't know how to upload them to a public place? Where does everyone else upload them to?
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Thu 18 Aug 2011, 9:05 pm

ali,
    you can upload directly into your post or in the gallery you can set up up your own folder Wink
    Ali
    Ali

Post by Ali Thu 18 Aug 2011, 11:40 pm

I finally worked out how to post a picture of it and tried to post but new members are't allowed to post external links it says !
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Fri 19 Aug 2011, 5:11 am

Ali wrote:I finally worked out how to post a picture of it and tried to post but new members are't allowed to post external links it says !

Will have a look at that for you but as far as i know you should be able to post links.

mike
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Fri 19 Aug 2011, 5:46 am

Ali it sounds like you may be selecting the image icon which requires a link i use the host an image icon the one before image,i have copied my instructions to this post as if you want to try them they should be showing under the new post box when you try.

mike

Across the top of the reply box you will see a row of icons
    run your curser across until it displays host an image
    click that and a box should open saying upload image
    click browse
    find the picture on your computer
    double click the picture
    it should then show the url next to browse
    click host it
    you will then have 3 boxes
    thumbnail ignore this
    image this is the one you want
    image url ignore this one
    click the image one it should turn blue
    then right click it and select copy
    then paste this in your post
    at the bottom of the box is upload click this
    when the box changes back to the first box you can click the host an image icon again and it will close the box,or you can go through the process again to upload more images
    if you want to click preview it will show your post with images
    then click send.
    mike

I honestly do know how frustrating it is we all struggled at the beginning to load pictures.
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Fri 19 Aug 2011, 5:50 am

Mike's right we were all tearing our hair out and I only figured out how to do it after Vicki talked me through it at our first meet lol

definitely a feel good factor when it finally works though cheers
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Fri 19 Aug 2011, 2:13 pm

Mike

While following on in this thread post is also off topic and could do with re posting (in how to use this site?)
    Not computer savvy, but have found this image hosting service really useful but:
    when the box changes back to the first box you can click the host an image icon again and it will close the box,or you can go through the process again to upload more images
    I can't seem to remove the box like this and can only get the box to go when previewing.
    As I said not computer savvy so have had this site open in parallel to other sites to facilitate hosting images. I would imagine it's more "Elegant" to have icon on desktop, but presume we are all running off a group or site licence as I don't remember entering an email address.
    Also if i do this what happens to images I upload to post elsewhere are they permanently on this site?
    Though I store the photos of myself in the riots and having unnatural relations with animals elsewhere. I also get the willies at the thought of image stores. Any references to the general pros and cons?
    All in all a big ask for a site about PVC tents. Sections of this might be more suitable for Nick to answer?
    If my questions were easy I'd know the answer myself?

Kevin.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Fri 19 Aug 2011, 2:23 pm

Tow Itch wrote: Mike

While following on in this thread post is also off topic and could do with re posting (in how to use this site?)
    Not computer savvy, but have found this image hosting service really useful but:
    I can't seem to remove the box like this and can only get the box to go when previewing.
    As I said not computer savvy so have had this site open in parallel to other sites to facilitate hosting images. I would imagine it's more "Elegant" to have icon on desktop, but presume we are all running off a group or site licence as I don't remember entering an email address.
    Also if i do this what happens to images I upload to post elsewhere are they permanently on this site?
    Though I store the photos of myself in the riots and having unnatural relations with animals elsewhere. I also get the willies at the thought of image stores. Any references to the general pros and cons?
    All in all a big ask for a site about PVC tents. Sections of this might be more suitable for Nick to answer?
    If my questions were easy I'd know the answer myself?

Kevin.

Dont know the answers Kevin as i lack computer savvy also,its my understanding though the hosting company only stores the image until you have posted or cancelled the post,as you say though so long as we keep the chicken pictures we exchanged the other day on a removable drive then everything should be ok
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Fri 19 Aug 2011, 2:35 pm

Kevin, you do make me laugh.

For forums like club 8090 where you can't upload from the desktop, I use photobucket, the only pics I have on there are the ones have used on forums.

All other pics I keep two copies of on hard drives. When a pic is uploaded direct from the computer to a post, is my computer safe from hackers? I too have a basic computer knowledge. It seems that Nick has his work cut out, sorry.
    Ali
    Ali

Post by Ali Fri 19 Aug 2011, 10:08 pm

I still can't upload even after following the instructions! On another note - the dandy 6 I had an appointment to view tomorrow has been sold already so I am very disappointed Sad
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Fri 19 Aug 2011, 11:39 pm

Ali wrote:I still can't upload even after following the instructions! On another note - the dandy 6 I had an appointment to view tomorrow has been sold already so I am very disappointed Sad

oh thats a shame ali but the one for you will come along they always seem to cheers
    Ali
    Ali

Post by Ali Fri 19 Aug 2011, 11:47 pm

Oh I hope so - wish I'd realised that they wouldn't wait for the viewer appointments before selling. Well live and learn! here's hoping a suitable one does!
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 20 Aug 2011, 4:56 am

Ali wrote:I still can't upload even after following the instructions! On another note - the dandy 6 I had an appointment to view tomorrow has been sold already so I am very disappointed Sad

Sorry to hear that,when i sold my delta i waited a week for some one to view and turned down two i can come now with the money promises,still got just £50 less than my advertised price,people should stick to agreements.

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 20 Aug 2011, 9:07 am

So annoying but the right 6 will turn up.
    Have you tried uploading the pictures to the gallery Question
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 20 Aug 2011, 2:22 pm

Ali wrote:I made a canopy from ripstop nylon (bought off ebay at Helen's suggestion). It worked really well and I'm now going to make a bigger one I think (although as I'm thinking of buying a Dandy 6 off ebay and then selling the Designer might not need to bother! I'd put a pic of the canopy up but I don't know how to do it.

Guess you have seen this one

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Ali
    Ali

Post by Ali Sat 20 Aug 2011, 2:30 pm

No I hadn't Mike - thanks - I'm going to look around now. I need one with gas supports though as am waiting for surgery on my spine and can't do the putting up and taking down anymore, even with my husband taking most of the wait. I am thinking of selling the designer anyway as just put it up now and I struggled. At least I would have some cash for when another 6 comes up! And I wish the people today had waited for the viewerers like you did!
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 20 Aug 2011, 2:34 pm

I would guess a 6 as late as that would have gas struts on the walls as standard,you dont realy lift them its more like guiding them so easy,Nancy reckons the side walls on the 6 are easier than they where on the delta,well they would be i do it on my own now lol!
    Ali
    Ali

Post by Ali Sat 20 Aug 2011, 2:39 pm

mike wrote:I would guess a 6 as late as that would have gas struts on the walls as standard,you dont realy lift them its more like guiding them so easy,Nancy reckons the side walls on the 6 are easier than they where on the delta,well they would be i do it on my own now lol!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

I'll have a look and contact the seller. One thing I am not sure about - is how do people manage the large sums of cash involved? I'm assuming paypal but not sure if sellers expect actual cash?
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 20 Aug 2011, 2:45 pm

I think if you view with the possible expectation of buying,then reductions are easier to obtain if the cash is seen Very Happy
    Ali
    Ali

Sun/rain canopy. Empty My Canopy - finally!

Post by Ali Wed 24 Aug 2011, 9:58 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My sun/rain canopy (version 1) larger version (wider)to follow Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 12:11 pm