Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+34
Rose red
vnuala
tartanterror
emski74
sherman68
skids
MrsG
bgarston
Ben_Rach01
fenhel1
LancashireLass
leggy
fifiskis
ShaunJUK
Phoenix
jamiepsion
The Admiral
vessey44
Ali
slipstream
Kimmie
Endecay
Caz1960
Nick
naedoot
vickoir
Cazz
jase
Krist0n
Helen
Esermalda
Keith
Tow Itch
mike
38 posters

New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked - Page 17 Empty Re: New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked

Post by Tow Itch Sat 21 Apr 2012, 9:07 am

Green Dandy. Another one with a vertically sided awning. Is it just me with sloping sides?
    Catch the other item they have for sale. Look at the colours of the photographs. Have they not used anything since the 70's.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked - Page 17 Empty Re: New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked

Post by Caz1960 Sun 22 Apr 2012, 1:34 am

Tow Itch wrote: 1985 Dandy in Gloucester £280 details vague.

Equally vague add £250 Girvan, South Ayrshire

these have the same photo ???
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 22 Apr 2012, 2:35 am

Caz1960 wrote:

It was late I never noticed I sense phone calls coming on tomorrow.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 22 Apr 2012, 9:13 am

1992 Dart winterised with an awning £995

ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK Sun 22 Apr 2012, 9:21 am

A restoration project or at its current price good for spares?
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 22 Apr 2012, 9:27 am

We didn't get the 6 in the end ....... a few reasons but the main being that two of the windows are not original Dandy windows, they appeared to be ordinary glass, the kitchen window is a dandy window. Both of the replaced windows and frames are over the seats where children can reach. The rear one is smaller than a Dandy window and does not open the Dandy was backed up against a fence so we can't tell you what it was like from the outside. The front window is larger than a Dandy window and does not open. The only reason we did not pay the deposit was because the seller said he could not amend the invoice to just pay the deposit. If you ever press buy it now and can not just pay a deposit then do not consider paying the whole amount as Pay pal do NOT cover if you pay through them for trailer tents, vehicles or caravans.

If you can arrange to view before you bid then I would recommend that you do.

ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK Sun 22 Apr 2012, 9:38 am

Helen wrote:We didn't get the 6 in the end ....... a few reasons but the main being that two of the windows are not original Dandy windows, they appeared to be ordinary glass, the kitchen window is a dandy window. Both of the replaced windows and frames are over the seats where children can reach. The rear one is smaller than a Dandy window and does not open the Dandy was backed up against a fence so we can't tell you what it was like from the outside. The front window is larger than a Dandy window and does not open. The only reason we did not pay the deposit was because the seller said he could not amend the invoice to just pay the deposit. If you ever press buy it now and can not just pay a deposit then do not consider paying the whole amount as Pay pal do NOT cover if you pay through them for trailer tents, vehicles or caravans.

After 2 nights in mine I am very happy with it, I would back up your advice of viewing before buying. However I will now admit that I went against that advice and never even opened the Dandy before handing over my cash.

Two factors contributed to this decision, the first was that I had spoken to the seller a few times before and trusted him, he is also a moderator on another Dandy site, but the second which you have to be careful of was excitement, it took hold and I wanted lol
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 22 Apr 2012, 9:59 am

Helen wrote:We didn't get the 6 in the end ....... a few reasons but the main being that two of the windows are not original Dandy windows, they appeared to be ordinary glass, the kitchen window is a dandy window. Both of the replaced windows and frames are over the seats where children can reach. The rear one is smaller than a Dandy window and does not open the Dandy was backed up against a fence so we can't tell you what it was like from the outside. The front window is larger than a Dandy window and does not open. The only reason we did not pay the deposit was because the seller said he could not amend the invoice to just pay the deposit. If you ever press buy it now and can not just pay a deposit then do not consider paying the whole amount as Pay pal do NOT cover if you pay through them for trailer tents, vehicles or caravans.

Helen

Sorry about things not working out.
    I'd look that it ended up positively you not being able to pay a deposit, as it negated the discussion about getting it returned.
    It was a few months ago where I raised the point about Pay Pal not being a guarantee in all sales. You then looked this up.
    I was going to suggest that you added your findings on Pay Pal to your "Important Notice" thread. On reflection I'm not certain that this would reach the intended target.
    Would you consider doing a "Before Paying By Pay Pal" sticky thread. I must confess I don't understand when Pay Pal does or doesn't cover you nor do I understand what it covers you for on the occasions that it covers you?
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 22 Apr 2012, 10:09 am

I will put a notice regarding payments Kevin, it's sound advice. New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked - Page 17 115684958
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 22 Apr 2012, 10:37 am

A 2000 Designer with a Royal Traveller awning, £1,850.
    I wasn't sure what the picture was of or why it was posted. I thought as it contained the sellers name and address it might be a away for non Preloved subscribers to phone straight away.
    If you were bright enough to spot that I expect you would be bright enough to spot the sellers username.
    Should you be interested I'd try phoning the man who fits the struts and does disabled conversions.
    Go for a discount on struts fitted as a minimum.

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 22 Apr 2012, 4:09 pm

mike wrote:Looks like a nice [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] awning floor heater and struts on the side,current owner had it for 15 years.

mike

Just gone for £568 would seem like a bargain for some one
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 22 Apr 2012, 4:59 pm

mike wrote:
    mike wrote:Looks like a nice [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] awning floor heater and struts on the side,current owner had it for 15 years.

mike

Just gone for £568 would seem like a bargain for some one

Missed it was busy looking at caravans affraid
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked - Page 17 Empty Preloved And Gumtree Listings. Photos And Text.

Post by Tow Itch Sun 22 Apr 2012, 6:31 pm

I've seen an add on Preloved for a Dandy that I was sure I've seen before.
    Just trawled through all the 2011 and 2012 ads and can't find it.
    This listing of ads performs two functions it makes members aware of items they might not have seen and it provides a record of what has gone before, sometimes this unearths interesting facts.
    See the third Item down this lost eight years in age and gained £800.00 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Could we please copy the text on Preloved a Gumtree ads?
    As for the photos I presume that the simpler insert an image will go blank when the copied url no longer exists?
    We will have to host the image? Please someone with technical knowledge confirm.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 22 Apr 2012, 6:32 pm

Hello this advert for a Highside Destiny is the first where I shall copy the text and photo.

I'm sure I've seen this item before because I think I remember my comment about the toilet tent not being included in the sale.
    Alas I can't find this previous listing hence:

Details

Type: Private Advert
    Price: £2,800 ono
    Updated: 6 days ago
    Description

THIS UNIT IS A 6 BERTH,FRIDGE ,240 AND 12VOLT,SPARE WHEEL,HIGH SECURITY HITCH LOCK FITTED,NO SMOKERS OR PETS,IN LOVELY CLEAN CONDITION,PLASTIC DOUBLE GLAZED WINDOWS,2001 MODEL,CAN BE TOWED WITH 1600 CAR,FULLY WINTERIZED,NO RIPS OR TEARS

Just remembered Preloved pictures aren't easy to copy.

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 22 Apr 2012, 6:40 pm

The reason i don't give too much info in this thread is i feel it should give members the first chance, rather than people just watching the forum,they would see you need to be registered and logged in to see this link
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 22 Apr 2012, 7:07 pm

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 22 Apr 2012, 7:09 pm

A few new ones [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 22 Apr 2012, 8:46 pm

Tow Itch wrote:
    Caz1960 wrote:

It was late I never noticed I sense phone calls coming on tomorrow.

I have phoned both. Both had lifted the photo. Which of course I found odd because a good percentage of photos lifted from eBay or Dandy sites I'd have recognised. Especially ones with the classic fitment of savage wheel trims.
    Paranoia did seem to reign as both vendors said almost word for word that their Dandy was the same as the one photographed.
    Finally the guy advertising in Girvan did say oh the sides are fawn.
    I finally realised that just a Eskimos reputedly have 40 words for snow I may have too much of a preception in the ways Dandys can vary.
    The guy with the add in Girvan did text me to say he'd mentioned the photo was a library image.
    I'm still lost because despite doing a Google images search on "Dandy Folding Campers" and "Dandy Trailer tent's" I can't find the image that they both used.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 23 Apr 2012, 1:09 pm

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 23 Apr 2012, 1:17 pm

This one is interesting its a six but looks to have later units one square window at the back and it looks insulated [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Tue 24 Apr 2012, 5:03 pm

Helens 6 is back on ebay the one with two awnings all i will say his reason for losing the sale is not as complete as the one Helen gave me and i know helen

Brochure [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 24 Apr 2012, 5:20 pm

New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked - Page 17 3462454224 New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked - Page 17 3462454224 New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked - Page 17 3462454224 New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked - Page 17 3462454224 New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked - Page 17 3462454224

He is right, we haven't got a clue about Dandy's New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked - Page 17 1710857839

On the brochure it confirms what we said about the windows, on the specification sheet from Dandy for the 6 it says opening windows x 3

Please view before you bid and don't just ask questions. Suspect
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Tue 24 Apr 2012, 8:16 pm

Just looking at this add [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And the 1st photo.

The left hand side window looks to be a different shape than the right hand side one.

Is that OK or not? Do different windows exist but they still open?
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 24 Apr 2012, 8:51 pm

Haven't got a clue ........... I know nothing about Dandy's affraid

Only Joking, not 100% sure but the other one that John looked at had two odd windows and lumpy sealant all around the inside. This wasn't the only reason but something that was also said regarding standing on top of the trailer and going through besides many other things and that's all I'm going to say about it on the open forum. What a Face

Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Tue 24 Apr 2012, 11:44 pm

Cool hey Helen let it go Razz just give the info for someone that has more Dandys than Riva you are the one to know if anyone New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked - Page 17 1705467399 or are you going Greek on us " Hey I know nothing "

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 12:31 pm