Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

4 posters

Pitch prices this year

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Pitch prices this year Empty Pitch prices this year

Post by mike Tue 10 Jan 2012, 2:09 pm

Just seen this post on a camping forum

Whats the dearest prices you have found this year. So far for me its Haven (again).

Before discounts its Littlesea, reinforced grass with awning, 95.00 pn. Was thinking about 10 nights, NOT.

Do people actually pay these prices,makes my target of between £10 and £15 a night including awning and electric look a bit sad,what prices do you expect to pay

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Pitch prices this year Empty Re: Pitch prices this year

Post by Helen Tue 10 Jan 2012, 2:16 pm

Well I wouldn't pay it, we only use certain sites out of season because for just two of us it's silly at peak times, others we don't go to if any family or friends have a couple of children with them because they charge per person and for each child over the age of 2 and it's not a small charge but around half of a normal adult price so paying per pitch can sometimes work out cheaper if you have several children with you or are sharing a tent (or Dandy) with over 16's.
    Owd Lad
    Owd Lad

Pitch prices this year Empty Re' Pitch Prices This Year

Post by Owd Lad Tue 10 Jan 2012, 4:05 pm

I must confess that I would be pleased to see sites maintaining their 'last year' prices or even offering a discount on those prices. Each year prices seem to increase on all the larger sites by a standard 8%. Certainly the rises seem to be in excess of the rate of inflation and appear to be being made to increase businesses profits year on year. The recession has meant that there is less spare cash in the majority of peoples pockets and trips away from home, long or short, are now a major expenditure. The result is that people are going away less and staying away for shorter periods. For the sites this means a loss of custom that can't be made up by simply increasing their charges.
    The two big clubs are equally guilty of this pricing policy and I can't help feeling that their founding concept of promoting camping and caravanning has been replaced by the quest for profit. We have a preference for, and would encourage others to use, certified locations. Perhaps more basic (so what?) but certainly quieter and cheaper.

Alright I'll stop now. My soap box has collapsed because of me jumping up and down on it.

Steve
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Tue 10 Jan 2012, 5:00 pm

CLs for us every time we can
    Krist0n
    Krist0n

Post by Krist0n Tue 10 Jan 2012, 6:34 pm

what's CLs?
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Tue 10 Jan 2012, 6:38 pm

Its the caravan clubs small 5 van sites,they are licensed by the caravan club rather than the council and are normally quiet and not too expensive but some do lack showers but most have toilets.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 10:33 am