Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+3
Cazz
Helen
mike
7 posters

Will fuel prices rise this year

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Will fuel prices rise this year Empty Will fuel prices rise this year

Post by mike Fri 24 Feb 2012, 10:54 am

Asda at the moment are 132.7 petrol and 140.7 diesel per litre with even more unrest in certain areas will we we see a significant rise this year,pleased ime not still running a big motor-home or towing a caravan.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Will fuel prices rise this year Empty Re: Will fuel prices rise this year

Post by Helen Fri 24 Feb 2012, 11:13 am

Spend £60 on your shopping and get money off per litre at Morrisons this week.

We have a 4x4, it is costing quite a lot to run but because of where we live and where John works it's a necessity in winter, we are considering buying a small car too simply to keep our fuel costs down, the 4x4 would be for winter and towing use only. Laura had a little Toyota aygo that was a great little car and only £35 per year tax, we think it will be a more economical option for us because of petrol prices and the distance to work and back just until John retires, my parents hardly use the car now and prefer to use a bus as they both have bus passes and it saves quite a lot in car park fee's as well as petrol.

Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Fri 24 Feb 2012, 12:04 pm

Sadly or cleverly, not really sure which, I've worked out that after 12 months of motoring based on our yearly mileage, taking into account fuel, tax, insurance and servicing costs, it works out cheaper to run our 1.6TD Passat compared to a 1 litre petrol hatchback.

Although the tax and insurance is a higher, the 55mpg brings the overall yearly cost down. Also as an extra bonus, it's a bigger more comfortable car and doesn't even feel the Dandy on the back.

Incidentally our brick shaped campervan achieves the same mpg as my parents new aerodynamic automatic Astra, where is the progress in that? confused
    vessey44
    vessey44

Post by vessey44 Fri 24 Feb 2012, 12:35 pm

MPG is getting choked now by emission control now.

I think diesel will go up in price & petrol will stay the same or drop slightly

We have an inbalance in the UK Industry at the minute as we produce more petrol than we do diesel but our main requirement is mostly diesel
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Fri 24 Feb 2012, 1:10 pm

vessey44 wrote:MPG is getting choked now by emission control now.

I think diesel will go up in price & petrol will stay the same or drop slightly

We have an inbalance in the UK Industry at the minute as we produce more petrol than we do diesel but our main requirement is mostly diesel

Also possible instability as oil companies move out of vertical integration. (well to petrol station) Tesco and Asda now co own a refinery. Notionally no money in refining but I fail to see how if it's an oligopoly.
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Fri 24 Feb 2012, 9:48 pm

Sad we pay 149. for diesel all though we got refinery in the next county bloody trap we all got feed into, as before Diesel was cheaper and use less so I think that we are the only country that has high percent of diesel cars then wham they change petrol cheaper but that don't help our hauliers in turn makes food more expensive here we don't have Tesco completion so the cost is great £2 a loaf whaaaa affraid
    Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

Post by Nick Fri 24 Feb 2012, 10:13 pm

This govt like the last one will blame oil companies or some environmental nonsense,the duty and vat is about 80p a litre,5years ago fuel at the pump was 80p a litre since then its rocketed.
    In 2007 i was able to drive from Eastbourne to Sunderland return using £80 petrol and that was in a V6 COUGAR now i can still do the same journey using £80 of diesel but only because i have sacrificed performance and comfort to save money.
    Apparently fuel sales have dropped 15% recently well i cannot remember when i last went out for a long Sunday drive just for the hell of it.People will vote with their pockets,to kick start economy they need to reduce fuel duty and vat by a considerable amount so as to reduce haulage costs which in turn will reduce cost of most products.
    People will start filling up their cars more often and the extra fuel purchased will fill the black hole left by duty/tax cut.
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Sat 25 Feb 2012, 1:11 am

I have noticed over the resent years on every fuel price hike food here goes up, but when the fuel prices go down food stays the same , then the next price fuel hike our food rises up again but yet again we accept it they have us buy the short and curly's what I find very hard to take that we in this country have now starving families
    I have to rely on my car as everything is 30 miles away but that 30 miles will be an hours drive as we don't have many straight roads .....
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 19 Mar 2012, 2:30 pm

Not impressed that some major roads may be sold off to private companies and become Toll roads, this on top of petrol prices. People holidaying help the economy, tourism will suffer if we are hit much more with travelling costs, food prices have gone up, in fact almost everything is going up in price. Anything that requires transporting will be hit harder, courier companies and transport companies will have to absorb or pass on the extra cost. Coach holidays are popular too especially with the elderly visiting coastal resorts, the coaches will end up paying toll costs. Evil or Very Mad

vessey44
    vessey44

Post by vessey44 Mon 19 Mar 2012, 2:43 pm

Im in the wrong business maybe i should be buying roads Very Happy

One thing ive noticed is the private roads are maintained better...I need a new 235/35/19 Pirelli after a pot hole blebbed my side wall Sad

I can see the road network going down the same route as the rail network...
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 19 Mar 2012, 3:00 pm

vessey44 wrote:Im in the wrong business maybe i should be buying roads Very Happy

One thing ive noticed is the private roads are maintained better...I need a new 235/35/19 Pirelli after a pot hole blebbed my side wall Sad

I can see the road network going down the same route as the rail network...

We will be in deep brown sticky stuff then. affraid
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 19 Mar 2012, 3:36 pm

I can see us taking the very short trip to the airport and holidaying abroad affraid
    vessey44
    vessey44

Post by vessey44 Mon 19 Mar 2012, 3:45 pm

Helen,If you do then first refusal on your dandy please Very Happy
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 19 Mar 2012, 4:14 pm

Helen wrote:I can see us taking the very short trip to the airport and holidaying abroad affraid

It wont matter if you didn't pay it in road fees you would pay it in something else,the problem is we work so will get screwed.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 19 Mar 2012, 5:03 pm

vessey44 wrote:Helen,If you do then first refusal on your dandy please Very Happy

It's older than your designer, you really do have the dandy bug now Will fuel prices rise this year 1710857839

Wonder if Petrol prices will go up again this week, it's been gradually creeping up every couple of days and the price of diesel used to be far lower than petrol but it's now 8p higher around here. My friend bought a diesel Metro when diesel cars first came out and took me out in it and the big appeal was that diesel was half the cost of petrol at that time. Why was it so much cheaper at first and why is it now costing even more than petrol Will fuel prices rise this year 2829330259
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Mon 19 Mar 2012, 5:11 pm

That is a very good question, it's probably because the demand is higher.

We've got two diesel vehicles because they do nearly twice as many miles per gallon compared to petrol, so we are still on a winner until diesel is twice the price of petrol. affraid
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 19 Mar 2012, 6:01 pm

Never mind the new Metro link is under way in our area Shocked We were told if we didn't agree to a congestion charge we couldn't have it but the vote was against congestion charges and it's still being built scratch
    vessey44
    vessey44

Post by vessey44 Mon 19 Mar 2012, 6:14 pm

DEMAND...we produce more petrol than diesel & most cars now are diesels

I'll never go back to a petrol...We are involved in the fuel industry amongst others & see the need for diesel as huge...one customers fuel bill is £2.5million a year
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 19 Mar 2012, 6:17 pm

Now that puts my £50 per week into perspective lol!
    vessey44
    vessey44

Post by vessey44 Mon 19 Mar 2012, 7:24 pm

Fuel puts the price of food up as moving it isn't cheap & our constant demand for food on the shelves in the supermarkets means more deliveries...

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 19 Mar 2012, 7:30 pm

Is that your gentle way of telling me I need to diet Matt lol!

I actually do but am still in winter mode. Keeping the extra flesh keeps me warm - that's what I keep telling myself anyway Will fuel prices rise this year 3498837457

On second thoughts though we will be burning more petrol with the added weight. Will fuel prices rise this year 3208163979
    vessey44
    vessey44

Post by vessey44 Mon 19 Mar 2012, 7:35 pm

No I'm just saying we don't help ourselves as we have become a society that can't wait...I'm exactly the same Very Happy

If somebody said I have a stock order coming in next week can you wait till then you'd laugh at them but before the Internet it was excepted...we have the same problem in industry everything is wanted yesterday

I would like a new van but I'm not waiting 12-18months to get one so I'll just make do for now...Emma wanted a new mattress but I don't want to wait 8 weeks because if I pay for something I need it Laughing
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 19 Mar 2012, 7:41 pm

I was joking Matt Laughing but understand what you mean, as a society we have become demanding in our expectations bounce .
    Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

Post by Nick Mon 19 Mar 2012, 8:53 pm

45p is cost of Diesel per ltr
    5p is forecourts share
    the other 90p is TAX.

I don't think the oil companies are the ones to blame.

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 19 Mar 2012, 10:19 pm

I had the wrong information, just to clarify were not selling off the roads but may lease them to the private sector and possibly foreign investors, some of our road tax will go to these companies to improve the roads that they lease and charge us to use.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 8:23 am